Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Yaris TS Talk
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-18-2019, 06:20 AM   #1
Yar18TS
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris 1.8 TS
Yaris 1.8 TS EC67 Transmission.

Hey Yarisworld.

This would be my first post.

I have a turbo charged Yaris 1.8 TS.

Would like to ask help on some info of the transmission(EC67)

1) Looking for LSD(I have no luck finding one)

2) (based on point 1)What other tranny I can possibly look at?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Yar18TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:20 PM   #2
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Welcome to YW! Must hear more about this car!!! Sorry I can't help with transmission or LSD stuff. I have an auto, but musing about going manual myself. Search "Armstrong Racing". He built a 6-speed with a 5-speed case with an LSD. Crankyoldman bought that car and maybe he could help you out a bit too.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 10:00 PM   #3
stidnam

Drives: Starlet
Ah nice! The 6 speed version is a pretty rare car.

Just out of interest, do you know what the ratios are in the EC67?

Regarding an LSD - check out the quaife unit. https://shop.quaife.co.uk/toyota-ec6...d-differential

I've purchased one to install in my EC60 - I picked it up from Kam racing in the UK. I believe the EC60 and 67 should be fairly similar, but it'd be worth investigating further to validate. Also keep in mind that this isn't a true LSD, but rather an auto torque biasing diff. Therefore, if one front wheel were to fully loose traction, the diff would still operate like an open centre. What are chances of that though in a FWD car....guess it depends on what you plan doing with it.

Tell me more about this turbo setup :) Which turbo? What manifold did you use? What computer are you running?

Cheers
stidnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 10:08 PM   #4
stidnam

Drives: Starlet
I believe CUSCO may also make a unit, but I haven't investigated to confirm fitment.

https://www.cusco.co.jp/search/en/in...=&category=lsd

Given it's made for the ZRE186 in the Japanese market, I'm assuming that it's made to fit an EC6X box.

I'd be investigating both the quaife and cusco options before exploring any actual gearbox swap. Swapping gearboxes will mean you'll need to swap shifter cables as well.
stidnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 11:28 AM   #5
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
You'd have to open it up and measure the diff or get a breaker to pull one for you. Quaife does a good job of publishing the relevant dimensions on their products and would be a decent starting point. Then you could cross reference other brands that sell a model for the same applications.

Looks like someone else was asking a similar question but didn't get any replies (maybe it's you?) : https://www.toyotanation.com/threads...ssion.1664509/

I've looked into the EC6X swap into the US models. There's so much more than just cables involved: all the hydraulics, the drive shafts, the speedometer sensor, the mounts, etc. It's possible that I can do some research on this eventually (the EC67 is in some variants of the Corolla now) but it's cost prohibitive to buy one just for dissection. You might have better luck going the other way if the 1.5 MT is commonly available. The C6X gearboxes will NOT fit into our chassis without notching the front frame rail. ArmstrongRacing did a post about installing the C60 into the 2ZR Vios.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 12:03 PM   #6
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Here's a list of other cars with the same diff: http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/xref?v=...on&mJ=on&mG=on

I'm not sure what market SA gets lumped in with so I checked all of the distribution zones.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote