Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-18-2010, 08:35 PM   #1
bzinn 1

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
Possible harness bar source.

Ok I have a shop here in Bellevue WA that is a manufacture for Sparco Harness bars..........

I am test fittign a bar Saturday,already talked to Garm about being a source for these if I can get it all worked out.....fingers crossed.

Sparco is going from the fixed length back to the flexable length bars this year,so a bar 45-47" will work.

The problem is the hardware bar length,I got an assortment available to me to try Saturday so I will find the length needed to work with their bars.

I will work on gettign a Yaris usable setup going,that perhaps Garm will be able to get from them for lower cost than me a regular Joe can get.......will know more in a few days.

They will make custom length bars for anyone.......as we all know the Sparo bars are in the $450 range,so I will see what I can do.

Garm said the NRG 47" bar fits our car,but the upright hardware soes not,Speedware will make bars,not sure of cost yet on that,my guess is around a $100.......

I don't want to get hopes up......but I have found a solution just by chance here from a manufacturer that will build us what we need

The bar I am gettgin is an older Sparco Stainless steel one which is in the $700 range,my buddy got from a BMW and is selling to me for $150......so after i get hardware for the uprights I am out maybe $250 for a nice stainless bar........

I will keep everyone updated........Brian
bzinn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:19 PM   #2
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
^^ Sounds good man , keep us posted !
Old 02-18-2010, 11:13 PM   #3
bzinn 1

Will do.....I made a lot of friends with connections in the Scion world over the last few years.......I am hoping some of those contacts will benifit us here in the Yaris world.......
Old 02-19-2010, 10:46 AM   #4
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
whatever you do, don't use aluminum uprights like the NRG kit supplies.
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:11 PM   #5
kngrsll
Apexing Egg!!

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris white hatch
Send a message via AIM to kngrsll
any chance they will build a full 4 point cage? that is what i want
kngrsll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:49 PM   #6
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
whatever you do, don't use aluminum uprights like the NRG kit supplies.
+1 the bar is aluminum too, purely for show. If we're going to get a harness bar, make it functional, please.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 06:05 PM   #7
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
+1 the bar is aluminum too, purely for show. If we're going to get a harness bar, make it functional, please.
^^^^^ +5000000000000
I would not buy if it is just gonna be a cheesy bling bling show piece
Old 02-19-2010, 07:13 PM   #8
bzinn 1

Pretty sure the bars they build for Sparco are not aluminum....but I will double check,the one I am gettign is stainless steel and is a Sparco bar so my guess is they all will be steel.....not sure if the Stainless steel ones are available anymore.

I will find out though.....that is a great concern.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:22 PM   #9
bzinn 1

Ok talked to them and they can make anything we want,cage,bars,pretty much anything.

Here is their website.....they fab up anything.

www.speedwaremotorsports.com

I have been to their shop last year and they do a lot of work and are very good to their customers.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:57 PM   #10
bzinn 1

Well I am bummed to the Stainless bar I was gonna install is an inch too big to fit......

BUT........I am gonna be heading in the next few weeks up to Speedware and using my car as a prototype car to us to get the measurements to get this started........

Bars are functional,steel and all hardware will be included.......

It appears the shop had no idea there was a market for the Yaris at all.....

I will try to broker a group buy with them or a wholesale deal for Garm,I am not sure what they will do yet till I talk to them in person.....

BUT......this is gonna happen finally......a functional,steel,harness bar......

I am not sure if sedan Yari want a bar,once I get the first steps done I will get measurements for them too........

I always knew knowing so many people who make stuff for the Scion would come in handy.......

I will keep everyone updated,it iwll be about 3 weeks before I can go get measurements done.......due to the fact I will probably need to pay for my bar and I am broke from soem medical bills from January......so please be patient......I will get it done for us.

Brian

Also they will build cages to from what I understand,but not for show cages,they are race ready cages,would probably to model my car for them to get measurements to pul that off but this summer I will gut car so that would be a great time to get measurements.......they are also spendy to build from what I understand from some Scion guys who got a cage built for xB and tC....