Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-17-2017, 09:23 PM   #19
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
Brapapapap
Old 06-20-2017, 10:58 PM   #20
Lux

Drives: NCP91
tmontague,
Let me know if you are interested in race tyres and wheels for the Yaris.

I have BFGoodrich R1 race tyre mounted on brand new 949 Racing wheels that I would be happy to pass on to someone local.

I have 5 hours and 30 minutes on them.
Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 06:41 AM   #21
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Hmm interested for sure. Not sure I'm the $ situation Wil allow for those until next summer though. What's the offset and width of the rims and rubber?
Old 06-21-2017, 09:54 AM   #22
Lux

The 949 Racing wheel dimension is:
15 x 7 inches
offset +24 mm
spigot diameter 54.1 mm
mounting pattern 4 x 100 mm
BF Goodrich G-Force R1 tyre size is 205/50R15
guaranteed wheel clearance for any of the biggest big brake kits you can buy

I'm in no hurry to sell, just no time to use them anymore so I want to pass them on to someone local who will enjoy them. I may install them again next month for a final track session and the price will go down accordingly for that use. It would be the last time I plan to install them, too.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:07 AM   #23
tmontague

Thanks Lux, those would fit my set up. Do you have a price in mind? This will be something I'm looking at over the winter for next summer
Old 06-21-2017, 10:47 AM   #24
Lux

Does $600 sound fair? I'll throw in a set of Rays Engineering wheel nuts and locks too in gunmetal grey colour that fit the wheel. (They are genuine Japanese-made Rays, no eBay knock offs.) The 949 Racing 6UL wheel can be viewed here:
http://949racing.com/15x7-6UL-SM.aspx

The wheels are made for Spec Miata one-make race series. Mazda Roadster shares the same hub spigot and stud pattern, so the wheels will attach to our Yaris like OEM fit. I ordered them in Tungsten metallic colour. If memory serves me right, it cost CAD $1'087 to buy and ship here last summer, including import duty, brokerage, exchange rate, freight, and insurance. Ordered with optional matching Tungsten metallic aluminium tyre valves, set of 8. There are two valves per wheel, which is a common trait in competition. Tyres have had 2 seasons, but the wheels were used, literally, 5 and a half hours, then washed on my lawn using Autoglym wheel cleaner.

Honestly man, my wife is sick of looking at them in the basement (LOL......) and I have no time/desire to race any more, so I'll definitely hook up a fellow Yaris World community member.

You can take the wheels now and pay me later, whenever you are ready since you're local. Pay me next year if you want, I'm totally cool with it.

Here were the wheels test mounted last year from another thread, and a pic of them now:

**edit: forgot to mention, the tyres are filled with nitrogen and pressure set to 1.9 bar. :)
Old 06-21-2017, 12:29 PM   #25
tmontague

Do you Have the weight of the rims by any chance? My phone won't let me load the link right now.

Also own that 5 hours of use on a track or just driving around?

I go to school near you (401 and Leslie) so I can pick them up on a Saturday after my clinic rotation
Old 06-21-2017, 02:14 PM   #26
Lux

The 6UL Spec Miata version is weighed at 13.1 lbs (6 kg). It is 1.1 kg heavier than the base model 6UL 15x7 due to:
- minimum 6 kg wheel weight requirement for racing class
- additional material focused to barrel and outer flanges for maximum durability

The 5.5 hours was during day session at Cayuga road course last August. I use my stock wheels to commute to and from the track. I have to warn you that the tyres are not road legal and are outrageously dangerous in the rain. Wheels are in absolutely perfect condition aside from friction abrasion where the wheel nuts attach.

Saturday works perfectly. I will be at work in Scarborough so I will bring the wheels and Rays nuts with me for you to pick up. Cheers
Old 06-21-2017, 02:47 PM   #27
tmontague

Sounds good. I'm done my shift at 2. Let me know your cell # mine is 6547 238 3960