Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-03-2009, 02:08 AM   #73
YarisFan007

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris HB
aye nako! that rice is burned na!
YarisFan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:14 AM   #74
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Drives: Black 08 LB MT & red 97 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
not you ryank...others made blanket statements. from what ive read about the problems 2000MY foci had, i dont doubt you didnt like it for very valid reasons.

here's what i mean:
fine i retract my blanket statement, and respond thus:

fugly + outdated chassis + feature that voids the warranty + expensive = ftl

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell
CtrlAltDefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:37 PM   #75
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDefeat View Post
fine i retract my blanket statement, and respond thus:

fugly + outdated chassis + feature that voids the warranty + expensive = ftl
lol, thats better!
Old 07-04-2009, 01:10 AM   #76
Gideon
★weeaboo★

Drives: 2008 Bayou LB
All my friends in college had Focuses and they were nice little cars really. I wouldn't have owned one though.

I'd trade in for a Ford Focus RS Turbo in a heartbeat though!

Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 05:19 PM   #77
counterfiend
Banned

Drives: 2005 Ford Focus
You know, I was going to try and defend the Focus (seeing as I own one and love it). But whats the point of visiting a car enthusiast forum to defend a car. Oh wait, I thought this was a car enthusiast forum, isnt it?

So your saying that the Yaris bone stock is the most beautiful car you have ever seen? No, it really isnt. Looks like a pregnant roller skate, rides super high, and even with a supercharger can barely brake a 14.0 1/4 mile.

Most people that modify a car that isnt main stream (yaris, focus) know going into the car its going to get hated on, and looked down on by other groups of car owners.

But why are you going to give shit to ford for at least making the effort to make a tuning version of the focus.

OH i know there is the ONYX version or whatever that is, thats what, bone stoke ride height, some glowing riced out door sill covers, a different exhaust tip, and a few other slap on things?

At least ford made a Roush version, a Saleen, an SVT.
When all the Yaris was given was the RS which I honestly dont know if it even provides any kind of performance gain at all.

So instead of poking fun at a design flaw on someones part, or a 2000 (first release year recall issues). Why not look at what you have been given to work with, and realize your in the same damn group as the focus. A car that most people dont give 2 shits about, and will make fun of your car regardless of how nice you make it look or do to it.
counterfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 05:28 PM   #78
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by counterfiend View Post

OH i know there is the ONYX version or whatever that is, thats what, bone stoke ride height, some glowing riced out door sill covers, a different exhaust tip, and a few other slap on things?

whoa, take it easy. The ONYX was a thing done by local dealers i believe on the east coast? Was that right? Not a national thing done officially by toyota.

That supercharger comment hurt.

EDIT: Found info on the ONYX thanks to "YAR1S" from another thread...

"ABOUT
The Yaris ONYX, also known as the Toyota Yaris ONYX or simply the ONYX, is a limited run liftback. As of December 2008, there were plans to make only 200 such vehicles.
The ONYX, which is essentially a Yaris with exclusive Toyota accessories, is available only in black, and only as a 3-door liftback. Its availability will be limited to the Southeastern United States (specifically states North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama and Florida) and is available only through Toyota dealers.
The name “ONYX” refers to its dark color. ONYX stone is typically of a dark, black hue.

SIGHTINGS
On-location photos of the Yaris ONYX were taken in Southern Georgia, and the photos accompanying this entry are believed to be the only ones wherein the exterior of the ONYX isn’t hidden. Additional sightings were reported outside the port near Jacksonville, FL.

FEATURES
In addition to the black finish, the Yaris ONYX features a variety of ONYX-only features. These include:
- Bongiovi radio with iPod interface
- Enkei 17” wheels in dark chrome
- Carbon fiber dash-trim
- Window tint
- Stainless steel exhaust tip
- Euro rear spoiler
- Window tint
- Custom badging
- Bluetooth capacity
- Limited edition numbered key chain"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post

That looks like a EVO X, but a wagon version.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 05:45 PM   #79
counterfiend
Banned

Oh what a tuning package that is! A limited edition numbered keychain? NO WAY! I GOTTA SPEND THE EXTRA 3k for that!

Not trying to be a dick at all honestly, my fiance has a Yaris and I love the little car, fun car, but honestly no power. Period. But if you people are going to be dicks about a car that you should be buddy buddy with cause no on respects the Yaris either, then why should I be nice?

The 2000 Focus was a piece of crap yes, The saleen Focus is most cases is a joke, and a waste of money. But as we know most Saleen products are a body kit and a drop and wheels anyway, thats just their tuning thing they do.

But saying in general all Foci are a piece of shit? saying the build quality is crap? so on so forth. Just going a little far. All cars can feel like crap if the person driving the car doesnt take care of their car. I can find a BMW drive the piss out of it for 48k and you tell me how its gonna feel, a little rattly, so on so forth.

So lay off, make fun of the bodykit on the saleen, I never liked it either. Thats why my car looks the way it does.
Old 07-04-2009, 07:31 PM   #80
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Get over it dude. lmao
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 07:54 PM   #81
counterfiend
Banned

I'm just trying to somewhat defend a car I like and own.
As would you for your precious little yaris.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:29 PM   #82
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
Quote:
Originally Posted by counterfiend View Post
You know, I was going to try and defend the Focus (seeing as I own one and love it). But whats the point of visiting a car enthusiast forum to defend a car. Oh wait, I thought this was a car enthusiast forum, isnt it?

So your saying that the Yaris bone stock is the most beautiful car you have ever seen? No, it really isnt. Looks like a pregnant roller skate, rides super high, and even with a supercharger can barely brake a 14.0 1/4 mile.

Most people that modify a car that isnt main stream (yaris, focus) know going into the car its going to get hated on, and looked down on by other groups of car owners.

But why are you going to give shit to ford for at least making the effort to make a tuning version of the focus.

At least ford made a Roush version, a Saleen, an SVT.
When all the Yaris was given was the RS which I honestly dont know if it even provides any kind of performance gain at all.

So instead of poking fun at a design flaw on someones part, or a 2000 (first release year recall issues). Why not look at what you have been given to work with, and realize your in the same damn group as the focus. A car that most people dont give 2 shits about, and will make fun of your car regardless of how nice you make it look or do to it.
valid.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:50 AM   #83
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

I agree, the onyx thing was kinda a joke, and, I'm not going to bash the Focus as a whole any more, because counterfiend is right, we all do what we can, with what we have... As far as the Yaris being beautiful, I love how it looks. I think it's the best looking car in it's price range. Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and obviously counterfiend has a differing opinion. The Saleen Focus is just not for me. It's too ricer looking, and too expensive in my humble opinion. I also feel that the nitrous is just plain silly, since you can never hook it up...

I personally have trust issues with both Chevy and Ford cars. I have had some experience with them being unreliable, and I've heard from a lot of people that they are too. However, my limited personal experience, and 2nd hand information should not be enough for me to condemn an entire manufacturer (or two). I usually attempt to keep an open mind on all things, but I realize I failed in that respect here.

Therefore, I apologize for my previous statements, and I apologize for getting so serious all of a sudden, but I felt it had to be said

Old 07-09-2009, 04:51 AM   #84
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
All my friends in college had Focuses and they were nice little cars really. I wouldn't have owned one though.

I'd trade in for a Ford Focus RS Turbo in a heartbeat though!
oh and yea the Ford Focus RS Turbo does look pretty bad ass

Old 07-09-2009, 10:38 AM   #85
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
I don't apologize, because my 2000 Ford Focus was still a piece of crap. If they're that bad, don't sell them. Not make excuses because it was a "bad year." Has Ford not heard of R&D?

Other than that, I said no negative comments about Focus's in general. I bought mine because I thought it was a cool little car. The repairs just turned out to be more than the monthly payment of a Yaris, so something had to be done.
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote