Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 06:06 PM   #91
1stToyota

Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_hickman11 View Post
Once again we go back to the fact of how do you know it's not honest?? Have you tested it?? Have you seen someone test it on a Yaris? How do you know it doesn't increase the HP? Are you God and your just not telling us. Come on now, don't hold out....because I have a lot of questions!

How does it not "appear that the dust problem..." is bad?

Yes there have been about 2 or 3 other people that have posted that they don't like K&N for some reason or another. Just like there have been other people stating that they do like them....so whats your point?
You're a mess. Didn't you say that their link said NO HP increase for the Yaris drop-in, only the cone P/N? Correct? Still with me? Now my question again...how then do they claim an increase in performance and acceleration for the Yaris drop-in, on the buy now link, and on the box? Tell me.

My point?...fetch.

1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Old 07-14-2009, 06:12 PM   #92
1stToyota

Quote:
Yes I did make a statement a year ago....about my 2008 Yaris not my 2005 Taco. I did a preference order on the Yaris. Which means I picked it up the same day it came. The Taco was a whole other story. I just happen to be there when it was brought in by the carrier. When I talked about "Toyota" Im talking about the folks who build the trucks from the ground up. I'm not talking about Bobby Joe at the dealership that has the job of installing mods that the service manger ordered off of ebay. I would hate it too if my job was to install things that don't exactly match up the the vehicle or something that was installed by a robot at the plant.
What ebay parts are you talking about...I'm talking about official Toyota accessories that are on the "build your Yaris" link at Toyota.com ...just check the boxes...you didn't know that? Whoa!

Ever been to the Mini site? You used to check the box on the JCW package, and it was NOT a factory installed option, maybe it is now?

2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Old 07-14-2009, 07:17 PM   #93
b_hickman11

Drives: 08 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stToyota View Post
You're a mess. Didn't you say that their link said NO HP increase for the Yaris drop-in, only the cone P/N? Correct? Still with me? Now my question again...how then do they claim an increase in performance and acceleration for the Yaris drop-in, on the buy now link, and on the box? Tell me.

My point?...fetch.
No, thats not what I said. I said it shows an exact number for the cone. It does not show a number for the drop-in. It doesn't say "No increase" or "0" beside nor did I say that it did. It doesn't say anything beside it.

You're the one that said that the filter will not give the Yaris an increase in HP. You're the one that is claiming that their statement is false. I have never said it was true or false. I have said that the filter might increase HP or it might even decrease HP. But I don't know because I have not had it tested in my vehicle.

So back to what got this all started. HOW do you know that their statement is false? You already said you have never used one in a Yaris or you have not tested one. So if you are going to make a claim or attack someone else's claim, you have to have proof to back it up rather than saying that it will not increase HP. It's common sense. So, please show us your proof. If you can prove it then I, as well as others on here will finally listen to you. But until you show some proof, you are just blowing smoke!

p.s. Why do you think my conditions aren't as dusty as I said they were?
Old 07-14-2009, 07:27 PM   #94
b_hickman11

Quote:
What ebay parts are you talking about...I'm talking about official Toyota accessories that are on the "build your Yaris" link at Toyota.com ...just check the boxes...you didn't know that? Whoa!

Ever been to the Mini site? You used to check the box on the JCW package, and it was NOT a factory installed option, maybe it is now?
OK, one example: if you go to a dealer and want power locks added to your car, more than likely they may install an aftermarket kit rather than OEM. Yes I have been to the build your own site. Some of the things they have to will be added at the dealer(for example window tint). Some of the things will be added by the distributor(for example the Vehicle Shield Package) Some of the things will be added when the vehicle is built at the plant. For example, if you want the power package, it will be added at the plant, the majority of the time. If someone buys a non-power package Yaris and wants to add OEM door locks then I could see where the dealer "hates" these situations. The installer is probably thinking, Why didn't they just buy one that already had the package from the plant. It would be easier to add aftermarket locks to a Yaris rather than add the OEM system.

And once again, we are talking about Toyotas, and the Yaris.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:08 AM   #95
1stToyota

Quote:
No, thats not what I said. I said it shows an exact number for the cone. It does not show a number for the drop-in. It doesn't say "No increase" or "0" beside nor did I say that it did. It doesn't say anything beside it.
You said that there are no claims, NONE, for a performance increase in the Yaris (dropin)...and that's simply a lie and false advertisement, look at their box that the Yaris Dropin comes in.

"This is Yaris World, not Hondalovers.com. Where are they pushing the claim for the Yaris? If you go to the K&N website and look at the Yaris drop-in claims, you will notice that there are NONE!!!"

Quote:
You're the one that said that the filter will not give the Yaris an increase in HP.
No, I said it was a sound mod and it can be reused, and it won't save big $$ at the pump, or give power that can be felt, like some seem to claim, that's when you lost it and all hell broke loose.

Quote:
You're the one that is claiming that their statement is false.
You, way back on page 2 when you pretended that K&N now stands for an economy filter, and not just a performance filter (Yaris drop-in) LMAO, even tho' it says it's to improve performance right on the Yaris filter box?

Quote:
I have never said it was true or false. I have said that the filter might increase HP or it might even decrease HP. But I don't know because I have not had it tested in my vehicle.
Looks like you don't know much, except how to get defensive about your fanboi filter.

Quote:
So back to what got this all started. HOW do you know that their statement is false? You already said you have never used one in a Yaris or you have not tested one.
No, it all started because you couldn't handle what I stated about the TOYOTA Avalon, but you didn't seem to mind it when others said the K&N lost performance on the dyno, when every K&N box talks about a so-called increase in performance.

Quote:
So if you are going to make a claim or attack someone else's claim, you have to have proof to back it up rather than saying that it will not increase HP. It's common sense.
Like I said before about your evasion, IF there was a HP increase K&N would mention it, just like they do for the cone...no problems with giving out a number for that P/N, but they avoid doing so with the other Yaris P/N...but they STILL promise performance and acceleration increase on the Yaris box...HOW? They did a test to backup that so-called claim? Really? Where's their numbers to prove that increase claim? But you said it might even decrease, so you seem just as unsure about it as I do.

So, please show us your proof. If you can prove it then I, as well as others on here will finally listen to you. But until you show some proof, you are just blowing smoke!

Quote:
p.s. Why do you think my conditions aren't as dusty as I said they were?
How often do you wash your engine?

2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Old 07-15-2009, 08:18 AM   #96
1stToyota

Quote:
OK, one example: if you go to a dealer and want power locks added to your car, more than likely they may install an aftermarket kit rather than OEM. Yes I have been to the build your own site. Some of the things they have to will be added at the dealer(for example window tint). Some of the things will be added by the distributor(for example the Vehicle Shield Package) Some of the things will be added when the vehicle is built at the plant. For example, if you want the power package, it will be added at the plant
No, last time I checked the Bobcat 455 GTO package was about a 4 grand dealer installed option...and even tho' Steeda Mustangs are sold new at the Ford dealerships, they're dropped shipped and built NOT at the Ford factory, etc...

Quote:
If someone buys a non-power package Yaris and wants to add OEM door locks then I could see where the dealer "hates" these situations. The installer is probably thinking, Why didn't they just buy one that already had the package from the plant. It would be easier to add aftermarket locks to a Yaris rather than add the OEM system.
You know what they think?

Quote:
And once again, we are talking about Toyotas, and the Yaris.
Yes, that's why I mentioned that some of those clickable build options on the build page for my TOYOTA Yaris was NOT factory installed. And you do realize that lots of work is done on many vehicles, after leaving the factory, after getting off the boat and before being loaded on the semi...and yes, we're talking about your little Toyota Tacoma package that included a K&N filter, on what, about .0006% of new Toyotas being sold? Wow!! LOL!

2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Old 07-15-2009, 11:11 AM   #97
yaris 2sz
www.yarisclub.gr

Drives: yaris 1.3 2sz - 1.33 1nr
the filter increase the driver. makes him to feel good...
Old 07-15-2009, 01:37 PM   #98
b_hickman11

Quote:
You said that there are no claims, NONE, for a performance increase in the Yaris (dropin)...and that's simply a lie and false advertisement, look at their box that the Yaris Dropin comes in.

"This is Yaris World, not Hondalovers.com. Where are they pushing the claim for the Yaris? If you go to the K&N website and look at the Yaris drop-in claims, you will notice that there are NONE!!!"

No, I said it was a sound mod and it can be reused, and it won't save big $$ at the pump, or give power that can be felt, like some seem to claim, that's when you lost it and all hell broke loose.

You, way back on page 2 when you pretended that K&N now stands for an economy filter, and not just a performance filter (Yaris drop-in) LMAO, even tho' it says it's to improve performance right on the Yaris filter box?

Looks like you don't know much, except how to get defensive about your fanboi filter.

No, it all started because you couldn't handle what I stated about the TOYOTA Avalon, but you didn't seem to mind it when others said the K&N lost performance on the dyno, when every K&N box talks about a so-called increase in performance.

Like I said before about your evasion, IF there was a HP increase K&N would mention it, just like they do for the cone...no problems with giving out a number for that P/N, but they avoid doing so with the other Yaris P/N...but they STILL promise performance and acceleration increase on the Yaris box...HOW? They did a test to backup that so-called claim? Really? Where's their numbers to prove that increase claim? But you said it might even decrease, so you seem just as unsure about it as I do.

So, please show us your proof. If you can prove it then I, as well as others on here will finally listen to you. But until you show some proof, you are just blowing smoke!

How often do you wash your engine?
I said that on the page where they show the exact number for the cone they don’t give an exact number so thanks for repeating exactly what I said. We are aware of what they put on the box, you have reminded us 50 times. No one is trying to deny that the boxes don’t say what you are stating. So now you are changing your mind? Now you are saying that the K&N filter will give a HP increase? Way back on page 2 I told you why I use the filter. That didn’t mean that’s why K&N makes them. Yes, I said I don’t know anything about the HP increases or decreases and their claims. So thanks again for repeating what I already said. There was only 1 person on here that talked about the dyno and that was after you had already made your claim and that test was not performed on a Yaris. You want to see my proof? Proof of what? I haven't made any claims! Once again I have already stated the K&N could increase, decrease, or even keep the HP the same. You are the one that said it would not increase it so you are the one that needs to back up a claim with Proof. I never said the have tested the dropin Yaris filter. So once again we are back where we started. K&N has made a claim. You said that claim is false. Shows us how you know it's false. You keep dodging the question!

I cleaned my engine at the start of the summer, at the beginning of my 2 1/2 month vacation.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:44 PM   #99
b_hickman11

Quote:
No, last time I checked the Bobcat 455 GTO package was about a 4 grand dealer installed option...and even tho' Steeda Mustangs are sold new at the Ford dealerships, they're dropped shipped and built NOT at the Ford factory, etc...

You know what they think?

Yes, that's why I mentioned that some of those clickable build options on the build page for my TOYOTA Yaris was NOT factory installed. And you do realize that lots of work is done on many vehicles, after leaving the factory, after getting off the boat and before being loaded on the semi...and yes, we're talking about your little Toyota Tacoma package that included a K&N filter, on what, about .0006% of new Toyotas being sold? Wow!! LOL!
Once again, we are talking Toyota!! Not other companies. No one cares what other companies are doing. Everything I have said was about Toyota. You are taking what I said about Toyota and applying it to Ford and Mini but you don’t have any information about Toyota?? You are the one that the dealers “hated” some of the mods that that have to install at the dealership. I just repeated what you said but now you’re saying that’s not true? Make up your mind! Yes, as I already stated(thanks for repeating me, again) I know dealers and the distributor can add some things to a vehicle. But my Truck was built in Texas so it was never on a boat. And yes as we already stated, it is less than 1% of the total vehicles. So good job on knowing that .0006% is less than 1%. We are so proud of you! You are learning so much! It brings a tear to my eye!
Old 07-15-2009, 01:56 PM   #100
1stToyota

I see what you're getting at...since K&N makes the increase horsepower and acceleration claim--on every filter they sell--they've certainly done testing to back up those sales pitches, yes? I mean, they're not just making it up to increase profits, they've got actual individual test results to back up those claims...know where they are?

2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD

Last edited by 1stToyota; 07-15-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:01 PM   #101
1stToyota

Quote:
Once aalready stated, it is less than 1% of the total !
Mmmmmm--less than 1%? Way less?!!! Yeah, knew Toyota loved installing those K&N filters sooooooooooo often in their new Toyotas. Then that wasn't much of a point you were trying to make about Toyota not having problems with installing K&N filters...way less than 1% looks like a problem to me. Paper FTW!!!!!

btw You just stated that the dealers hated me for installing a mod on my car at their dealership, why? It was just an option that Toyota offered for my Yaris, on their build website...why would they "hate" me for making more money off of me, installing a Toyota part on a Toyota Yaris? We're starting to see just how desperate you are.

:eyes-rolling:

2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD

Last edited by 1stToyota; 07-15-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:00 PM   #102
b_hickman11

Quote:
I see what you're getting at...since K&N makes the increase in performance and acceleration claim--on every filter they sell--they've certainly done testing to back up those sales pitches, yes? I mean, they're not just making it up to increase profits, they've got actual individual test results to back up those claims...know where they are?
I don't have a problem with their claim. You do. K&N doesn't have a problem with their own claim. You do. They have made a claim on their products. As a consumer, if you think it is a lie, then you prove how it is a lie. To this point, you have not shown any proof. This is basic economics that you learn in high school.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:08 PM   #103
1stToyota

No, fanboi, if they/K&N makes the claim for increased horsepower and performance, they need to provide proof, not I. How do they know they improved HP for the Yaris drop-in? They tested it and have the proof, or just guessed/made it up to increase sales? This is just honest business practice, to provide proof to back a selling point that they're so proud of they put it on every box.

2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD

Last edited by 1stToyota; 07-15-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:09 PM   #104
b_hickman11

Quote:
Mmmmmm--less than 1%? Way less?!!! Yeah, knew Toyota loved installing those K&N filters sooooooooooo often in their new Toyotas. Then that wasn't much of a point you were trying to make about Toyota not having problems with installing K&N filters...way less than 1% looks like a problem to me. Paper FTW!!!!!

btw You just stated that the dealers hated me for installing a mod on my car at their dealership, why? It was just an option that Toyota offered for my Yaris, on their build website...why would they "hate" me for making more money off of me, installing a Toyota part on a Toyota Yaris? We're starting to see just how desperate you are.

:eyes-rolling:

Just because Toyota approves of a product doesn't mean they have to put it on more than 1% of their vehicles. There are other products they approve of but are not on a majority of their vehicles.

I didn't say they hated you. I was repeating what you said earlier about how they hate some of the OEM products that they have to install from time to time. Did you forget saying that? How did you get that confused with "you." By you misunderstanding my statement, it looks like you are trying to say that you are an OEM Toyota part?? I, and you said they hate some OEM parts....your response: "They hate me." How did you come up with that?
Old 07-15-2009, 04:14 PM   #105
b_hickman11

Quote:
No, fanboi, if they/K&N makes the claim for increased horsepower and performance, they need to provide proof, not I. How do they know they improved HP for the Yaris drop-in? They tested it and have the proof, or just guessed/made it up to increase sales? This is just honest business practice, to provide proof to back a selling point that they're so proud of they put it on every box.
Thats how products in the US work. I am sorry that you have a problem with American business principles. Have you called them and asked them to send you their test results? Just because it's not on their website doesn't mean they haven't done one. You think they are concerned about you right now? They don't even know you. So back to the original problem....You are the one that says their statement is false. If you called and told them that, what are they going to say?? Not for sure, but I would assume that ONE thing they would probably say, "OK where's you're proof?" If you can't prove that it's false, then how do you know??
Old 07-15-2009, 04:16 PM   #106
b_hickman11

Quote:

And by the way, are you drunk or on drugs? Why do you take my quotes and delete random letters to make it look like a nigga can't spell??
Old 07-15-2009, 04:22 PM   #107
1stToyota

Quote:

I didn't say they hated you.
Liar.

Direct quote:

"You are the one that the dealers “hated” some of the mods that that have to install at the dealership"

Quote:
I was repeating what you said earlier about how they hate some of the OEM products that they have to install from time to time. Did you forget saying that?
When you talked about they glued my tip on? When you talked about e-bay products?

How did you get that confused?

And you said several times that I worked for Toyota...why did you lie again?

2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD

Old 07-15-2009, 04:24 PM   #108
1stToyota

"Increase horsepower and acceleration"

Really? I'll believe it when I see their proof.

2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD

Closed Thread