Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2018, 09:30 AM   #1
BennyLava

Drives: 1987 Silverado
Wheel bearing wobble?

My 09 Yaris sedan seems to be suffering from the same problem that I talk about below. The car has 200k miles on it. I wanted to ask you guys if you've ever experienced this. I recently replaced the sway bar links on the Yaris, cause they were shot. So that isn't the issue here.

Anyway I Just replaced my front wheel bearings on my 1987 chevy silverado, and man what a difference. Everyone always talks about how you'll know they're bad: Mainly that it will make a noise and when you jack up the vehicle and rock the tire, you'll be able to tell. But does anyone ever talk about how bad wheel bearings make the vehicle seem to... wobble side to side? Its almost as if high winds were buffeting the vehicle from the side. On the highway. Its not all that noticeable when just driving through the neighborhood, or in town at lower speeds. But sometimes even then.

Could my 200k mile yaris be suffering from the same problem? Worn out wheel bearings. Could the slight wobble from side to side at highway speeds, be the result of bad wheel bearings? I wanted to ask because an 09 yaris is pretty different in many ways, in comparison to an old chevy truck. But they both seem to be behaving in the exact same way, and when I replaced the wheel bearings on the chevy, it completely fixed the problem.
BennyLava is offline   Reply With Quote