Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-05-2016, 11:44 PM   #1
pokemon

Drives: Yaris hatchback 2007
Cant flash highbeam when headlight is off

I have a yaris hatchback 07 1.0. Flashing highbeam work fine when headlight is on. But it doesnt work when headlight is off. What must i do now ? :D
Sry for my bad english :D
pokemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 04:03 AM   #2
rabbito

Drives: 2012 Toyota Yaris Sedan (Vios)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemon View Post
I have a yaris hatchback 07 1.0. Flashing highbeam work fine when headlight is on. But it doesnt work when headlight is off. What must i do now ? :D
Sry for my bad english :D
did you change the bulb...if you did i had same problem..
i bought a aftermarket L.E.D replacement bulb and one day i cannot use high beam..went to mechanic and toyota dealer, they said wtf?!...we checked that electricity current is flowing..when we change back to oem bulb it worked like a charm..i bought set of H4 brighter bulb and its working normally..they said some bulbs just dont work..

if this is not the problem look for
1. broken fuse inside the engine bay
2. use the machine to check the electricity current

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
Electric: Volt Stablizer & Multi gauge obd2
Cosmetic: Toyota red emblem
rabbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 06:16 AM   #3
pokemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbito View Post
did you change the bulb...if you did i had same problem..
i bought a aftermarket L.E.D replacement bulb and one day i cannot use high beam..went to mechanic and toyota dealer, they said wtf?!...we checked that electricity current is flowing..when we change back to oem bulb it worked like a charm..i bought set of H4 brighter bulb and its working normally..they said some bulbs just dont work..

if this is not the problem look for
1. broken fuse inside the engine bay
2. use the machine to check the electricity current

Thx u for the feedback. Now i use spyder after market headlight. But i have same problem with original headlight (valeo). Highbeam bulb - can work, not dead; but when u pull back for flashing - only work when headlight is on :( when knob turned to "off", u pull back for flashing highbeam - nothing happend :(
Maybe the reason is the fuse. I will check it

Gửi từ Redmi Note 3 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk
Old 03-06-2016, 09:24 AM   #4
rabbito

Drives: 2012 Toyota Yaris Sedan (Vios)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemon View Post
Thx u for the feedback. Now i use spyder after market headlight. But i have same problem with original headlight (valeo). Highbeam bulb - can work, not dead; but when u pull back for flashing - only work when headlight is on :( when knob turned to "off", u pull back for flashing highbeam - nothing happend :(
Maybe the reason is the fuse. I will check it

Gửi từ Redmi Note 3 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk
yeah...check the fuse dude...

Electric: Volt Stablizer & Multi gauge obd2
Cosmetic: Toyota red emblem
rabbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 03:19 AM   #5
pokemon

Check fuse..everything ok :( im so tired :(

Last edited by pokemon; 03-07-2016 at 08:16 AM.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:33 AM   #6
pokemon

hi CTScott
I'm in asia and I bought this car from an importer, not from local toyota dealer. My country register department say it from France ? Here is my car information :

My car is left hand drive :

Here is my dash. I read manuals and realize that this monitor for canada market because it have only tail light icon ? :

And here is picture of drive-side fusebox behind engine hood. maybe thí car Missing some fuse ?

And here is picture of passenger-side fusebox behind engine hood. No h-lp/amt relay ? Because the repair manual said all hatchback and a seden with daytime running light must have h-lp/amt relay may be this is the reason for my problem ? :

And here is my video of my problem :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D_wbkIJKX8

I think these pictures will make it easier to help me more
Old 03-11-2016, 05:54 AM   #7
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
That is all normal for the configuration of your car (the missing fuses and relay) and no fuse being blown would allow the headlights to work but prevent flash. The flashing function is completely a function of the headlight stalk as there are no additional wires outside of the stalk for doing the flashing. When you pull the stalk back inside of the stalk the pink wire on the stalk connector gets grounded to make them flash. That same wire gets grounded when you put the headlights on and put them in hi mode.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:28 AM   #8
pokemon

Thanks you so much CTScott. I will check my stalk on tomorrow and feedback later :D
Old 03-13-2016, 10:09 AM   #9
pokemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
That is all normal for the configuration of your car (the missing fuses and relay) and no fuse being blown would allow the headlights to work but prevent flash. The flashing function is completely a function of the headlight stalk as there are no additional wires outside of the stalk for doing the flashing. When you pull the stalk back inside of the stalk the pink wire on the stalk connector gets grounded to make them flash. That same wire gets grounded when you put the headlights on and put them in hi mode.
hi CTScoot

I just take out the cover and everything seem to be ok ? What must i do now, take out the stalk, open it to figure out or buy a new stalk to solve this problem ?
Old 11-27-2017, 04:13 PM   #10
Freedomage

Drives: YARIS 2010 1NR-FE MMT
I have installed led headlights and permanent hi beams cant be used while lo beams off but flash is like lightning flash even if low beams off and when lo beams on i can use permanent hi beams too. So its all about bulbs i can say.
Freedomage is offline   Reply With Quote