Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-19-2015, 10:00 PM   #19
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKHILLSGUY View Post
I just can't do red
Me neither.....and the SE Texas sun/heat seems to be really hard on red vehicle paint...even if it is of high quality.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:39 AM   #20
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
:thum bsup:

I would have been doing the same, had I been in his shoes.

. My cousin regularly swims in the bay in San Francisco, and has done so for over 30 years. In the late 1980s, she decided to check with the Channel Swimming Association to see if any U.S. Women's team had ever swam the English Channel. The answer was no. My cousin decided to organize such a team, and recruited 3 of her friends/fellow club members to join her. They became the first U.S. Women's team to complete a swim of the English Channel. Either before or after the swim (can't remember which) my cousin and her teammates were being interviewed on a radio show. I happened to be tuned to that station at my office at that moment, and was able to record the show. When I uncover that recording, I'm looking forward to sending it to my little cousin (her daughter) to drive home even more the ideal that 'my mom can do anything/I can do anything' (I just want to . My cousin definitely does NOT need the help. I don't think she could possibly be a better example for her daughter ). While I was growing up, the same family lived in the house below us on the hill. The dad had been valedictorian of his class at MIT, and owned an engineering firm. My classmate was the third of his four sons, but probably most embodied his father's mindset.....he was voted 'Most
Likely to Succeed' in our class, and his senior quote was "I think I can, I think I can" - The Little Engine That Could.
Wow as I understand it the SFB makes the Channel look like a pool!
Old 06-20-2015, 11:12 AM   #21
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
Wow as I understand it the SFB makes the Channel look like a pool!
http://www.sfgate.com/magazine/artic...San-2548553.ph

My cousin's club is mentioned in the article.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote