Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-08-2010, 10:05 AM   #37
pokoki

Drives: 2007 Yaris type S
Well I changed my tranny fluid over the weekend, and all I can say is WOW. What a huge difference it made for my car. I had two quarts of Royal Purple in the garage, so I just used that.

This is a very easy DIY job. If you can change your own oil, you should be able to do this.
pokoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:31 PM   #38
Tonavi

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
What's the best way to fill it back up? How do you siphon it up in there? You can't fit a bottle up to the fill plug.
Tonavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:41 PM   #39
ecc_33

Drives: 2008 toyota yaris
I bought a tranny funnel than attached a piece of hose from the funnel to the hole in the tranny. than just poored the fluid in.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:58 PM   #40
Tonavi

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Did you fill it from the top or the bottom?
Tonavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:04 PM   #41
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonavi View Post
if u fill it from the bottom let us know how u did it

on a serious note ive heard its best to fill it through the reverse sensor
Old 04-08-2011, 03:29 PM   #42
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Drives: 07 Yaris hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris2010RS View Post
if u fill it from the bottom let us know how u did it

mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:05 PM   #43
yaris2010RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazilla View Post

lmfao! i thought he ment fill it from the drain plug
Old 04-09-2011, 08:11 AM   #44
ecc_33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonavi View Post
From the top
Old 06-11-2011, 04:12 AM   #45
YarisownerNOT
I've made a post!

Drives: 96 Maxima
WOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddongbap View Post
'Better Shifting' is only your opinion. How much 'Better Shifting' are you going to get out of a Yaris?
I can't believe there is a forum for these things! LMAO I stumbled across it looking for a deal on RED LINE GL-4 for my Max. Do these Yaris things come stock with a tampon dispenser on the dash? I'd quarter one of these in reverse and give ya 4 car lengths! I'll even pull a coil pack! LMAO I registered just out of disbelief people would not only buy one of these but admit it online in a forum. I could think of just about anything I'd spend 13K on before I bought one of these sardine cans. I'd need to roll down a window and leave my legs hanging out just to be able to get laid in one of these gocarts! Tell me there's a poll post for the best fart muffler to u-bolt onto one of these and I'll shit myself! Sorry for laughing at you all...but I'm laughing at you all! ROFLAU I'm a real azzhole, the kind that bangs your girl then beats you up when you complain about it. I make you pay for the abortion and charge ya gas money for the date.

JK. These little buggers probably get sick gas mileage and they probably do corner good as a shifter cart. I wouldn't fit in one but I wouldn't mind not having to stop at every other gas station to pump $40 bucks of 93 from the 12:1's and revups.
YarisownerNOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:12 AM   #46
ecc_33

Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisownerNOT View Post
I can't believe there is a forum for these things! LMAO I stumbled across it looking for a deal on RED LINE GL-4 for my Max. Do these Yaris things come stock with a tampon dispenser on the dash? I'd quarter one of these in reverse and give ya 4 car lengths! I'll even pull a coil pack! LMAO I registered just out of disbelief people would not only buy one of these but admit it online in a forum. I could think of just about anything I'd spend 13K on before I bought one of these sardine cans. I'd need to roll down a window and leave my legs hanging out just to be able to get laid in one of these gocarts! Tell me there's a poll post for the best fart muffler to u-bolt onto one of these and I'll shit myself! Sorry for laughing at you all...but I'm laughing at you all! ROFLAU I'm a real azzhole, the kind that bangs your girl then beats you up when you complain about it. I make you pay for the abortion and charge ya gas money for the date.

JK. These little buggers probably get sick gas mileage and they probably do corner good as a shifter cart. I wouldn't fit in one but I wouldn't mind not having to stop at every other gas station to pump $40 bucks of 93 from the 12:1's and revups.
Yea, your a douche bag As you can see in my sig I have a 02 duramax that runs high 11's in the quarter mile I drive about 70 miles a day so got a yaris and it gets 44mpg on average. Mine is bone stock and will stay that way. I don't diss people on this forum for modding there cars. Maybe they aren't like you and I and don't like diesels or v8 cars. I don't care. I signed up just to figure out what was wrong with my car and keep and I on parts that i might need.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:01 PM   #47
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Drives: 07 Yaris hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisownerNOT View Post

My odometer 03/11
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/2843ed85.jpg
mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 05:43 AM   #48
MickZEL

Drives: Yaris sedan
In your place I would have changed
MickZEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:31 PM   #49
TRDblueyaris

Drives: 08 liftback 5 speed
yes, every 30k miles.
TRDblueyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:00 PM   #50
sergo

Drives: yaris
I just called my local Toyota dealership and they said they use GL3 (or what is official Toyota oil) made by Esso (Imperial Oil)
Strange, no mentioning of GL3 on Redline or AMSOIL site.

TSB on AMS just mentions GL3 Category as obsolete.
http://www.amsoil.com/techservicesbu...le%20lubes.pdf
sergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:45 AM   #51
xbalance

Drives: stock
recently i have replace my manual gear oil after trying from amsoil to redline mt90, mt90 give me better shift feel. now i wonder how to change my clutch hose oil line where is the flush area.
xbalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:40 AM   #52
esse10

Drives: 2009 yaris 2 door
in cold weather

I think in cold weather it could help with the shifting. Down here in texas where we only get below freezing once or twice a year I dont think it's worth changing out the tranny oil. My Car's 2009 maintenance schedule says to just check the tranny fluid. I'm not going to change it out until maybe 150-200k miles. I think you would have problems with the clutch plate and padel/slave cylinder before you would the gearbox, IMHO.
esse10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #53
Kar98

Drives: 2011 Scion tC
Never in my entire driving career have even considered changing the oil in a manual transmission. Your car would rust into nothing by the time this would become an issue.
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:19 PM   #54
yaris2010RS

does this thread pain anyone else? lol