Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-16-2018, 10:30 PM   #1
Misfit

Drives: Yaris
How do I remove Ignition Lock Cylinder?

Hi Folks, 2012 Yaris Sedan:
I've got a bad ignition lock cylinder. After many failed attempts to get the key to turn to the ACC position, I finally got it to work. Now I need to remove the lock cylinder. I pushed the button with a bent nail. I pulled the lock out about a quarter inch.
I did a search on this forum and found that I also need to remove the "key sense" connection in order to remove the lock the rest of the way.

What is the "key sense" thing? Where is it? (my car does not have a chipped key) Thanks for your help.
Marv
Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 09:30 PM   #2
Misfit

Drives: Yaris
Well, since no one responded to my question. I'll give you an update. I took off the electrical connections that could in any way interfere with the key cylinder removal. The cylinder still would not come out more than a quarter inch.
Since the key was in the ignition, I drove the car to my mechanic. Who explained that the key cylinder was likely broken. He was able to break out the thing without damaging the ignition housing. He installed the cylinder I provided and all is well.
Marv
Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote