Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Southwest
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-17-2009, 03:47 PM   #55
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
Haha. Sorry guys maybe we shouldn't hang out anymore. Haha. J/k. Atleast its car related stuff and not other things.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:55 PM   #56
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Drives: '09 Yaris
I'd like to see the trim rings in person to see how they look. I've seen pictures of some here on the forum but, I don't know, trim rings? Maybe it's one of those 'you had to be there to appreciate it...'.

What do you all think about painting the stock wheel covers black? Flat black or glossy black? I picked up a can of the high-heat black paint for my new pipe and I know I'm not going to use it all down under.

Also, I pulled the 'toyota' and 'yaris' words off the back hatch. That leaves the "T" emblem on the front and back and I want to pull those off and paint them black. Do you all think it would look better as flat black or glossy black?

Thanks,

S.R.

SaerinRhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:21 AM   #57
counterfiend
Banned

Drives: 2005 Ford Focus
So whats the plan people?
My fiance and I would like to know when this is gonna happen.

I actually just found out about a car show saturday i may try and make it to.
counterfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:21 AM   #58
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Good morning everyone,

Ok, so we didn't get together on the 21st for various reasons including which is alright. Is anyone up for meeting on the 27th or 28th?

I found a car show in Ft. Worth on the 27th from 6:00pm - 9:00pm that's held at a Sonic Drive-In. Linkage: http://www.ddrockinrods.com/SonicCampB.html. There's a link to Yahoo Maps on the page for directions.

This would be good as it gets us on the other side of town for once and maybe we can find another couple of places to hang out over in Ft. Worth. Alternatively, we can meet at Keller's Drive-In again and I can go chase Yaris owners through biker bars again.

Also of interest to us may be this website: http://www.carshownews.com/national/TX.htm. It's a listing of different car shows across the state for the whole year. This is where I found the one I linked above. I think this could be really helpful for planning events with folks in other cities.

Y'alls choice,

S.R.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:32 AM   #59
wildmongoose26

Drives: 09 5dr Yaris
p.s. counterfiend is my fiance.... just so you dont wonder who the random person is

but yeah, we should be able to meet up this weekend

last weekend we moved and I am so glad that is done, now all that is left is the fun of unpacking!!
wildmongoose26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:22 AM   #60
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Congratz on your move :) Just think of unpacking like a special edition of Christmas when you regift everything to yourself.

And yes, my humor really is this bad on a Monday morning.

Hopefully we'll get a few more responses.

S.R.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:39 PM   #61
Lazerdot

Drives: Blazing Blue 08 liftback
28th is good for me. Racing on the 27th.
Lazerdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:02 PM   #62
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Sweet!

S.R.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:59 AM   #63
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

I can try and make it actually moving 3 hours south today to go help out family! Don't worry if I'm not there I will def be up for the auto-x on the 5th.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:34 AM   #64
Lazerdot

Drives: Blazing Blue 08 liftback
Sundays comming right up. Any time or place yet for the YY?
I'm lookin foward to meeting some new Yaris folks wherever we decide to go.

Lazerdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:19 PM   #65
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

I'm really bumed I won't be able to make it. I will be up on the 5th for auto-x though
Old 06-28-2009, 01:32 PM   #66
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

May I have your attention please...

Folks, I know this is short notice and it will probably screw things up. I'm sorry and I take full responsibility for this.

!Today's Yaris Yak location has changed!

Since the people attending today's Yaris Yak are mostly on the Dallas side of the metroplex, let's meet at the Keller's Drive-In at 10554 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, Tx, 75220 at 6:30pm. This is between Walnut Hill Ln. and Lombardy Ln. The restaurant is on the EAST side of Harry Hines.

If anyone needs to call me for any reason, please do so, 214-405-3715. I will have my cell phone with me and can give you directions if needed.

Again, I'm sorry for the last minute change but there's no real reason to drive to the far side of Ft. Worth if we're all in Dallas.

Thanks,

S.R.

Last edited by SaerinRhoe; 06-28-2009 at 06:45 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-28-2009, 08:21 PM   #67
gokartride

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3-Door Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaerinRhoe View Post
there's no real reason to drive to the far side of Ft. Worth if we're all in Dallas.
Not to worry...I believe this is a typical problem for DFW car groups. I think we underestimate the sheer size of DFW....enthusiasts from Burleson to McKinney have to think twice before launching out on a regular basis. Me...I'm in Arlington.
gokartride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:33 PM   #68
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Ok folks,

Here's a a couple of pictures from the June Yaris Yak and the ensuing madness that followed it.

^ My black hatchback, complete with stealth black wheel covers & LazerDot's racer sporting some shiny new stickers and polished trim rings

^ More of the same...

^ GM declares war on Toyota

^ GM continues it's assault on Toyota

^ More destruction

^ The enemy

^ The enemy

^ The enemy

And now the story...

After leaving the Yaris Yak, I was driving back to 35E and was in the center lane of traffic going West on Walnut Hill Ln. A kid driving a Cadillac DeVille in the outside lane (to my right, passenger side) lost control of his car on a straight section of road.

He swerved left into the passenger side rear quarter of my car, swerved right and hit the curb, swerved left and hit my car again and then then swerved right, jumped the curb, blew both tires on the passenger side of his car and narrowly missed a guard rail bordering a 10ft deep drainage ditch.

Both of us were able to turn onto a side street where we stopped and then he was able to park in a parking lot where he had to leave his car. I'm fortunate enough that I was able to drive home with nothing but body damage.

The kid driving and his buddy in the car both stated that the automatic transmission shift lever came off in the kid's hand and that's what caused him to swerve and loose control. To me, that sounds awfully fishy and I have to wonder why was he hanging onto the shift lever to begin with.

LazerDot recovered my missing wheel cover across the street (3 lanes each direction) and about half a block from where the first impact happened.

The kid driving the Cadillac did not have his driver's license with him and was issued a ticket by the officer that showed up. He admitted fault to the officer and it went into the police report and I have to pick up a copy of that in the next day or so.

Something tells me I need to get a couple of big bullseyes painted on my car now or else start adding little decals like WWII pilots would add when they survived combat.

S.R.