Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2011, 04:43 AM   #1
TONIZZLE

Drives: Toyota
Persuade me to buy a Yaris!

Hello everyone,

I'm interested in trading in my '99 4Runner Limited 4X4 w/ 92K miles for an '09 Yaris S 5dr Hatch. I posted this in the 4Runner forum and ppl were thinking I was crazy. Well now I would like some opinions from the Yaris side.

The Yaris S has 11K miles, iPod interface, remote start, sunroof, cruise.

Here's where I need help:

1) I would have to finance to get the Yaris, but that's money I can save since the 4Runner is all paid.
2) The 4Runner is a beast in heavy rain and snow, and was pretty good in the 23" blizzard that occurred last Feb. (I'm in the midwest).
3) I would save at the pump with the Yaris of course, to the tune of $800~ per yr if I drive 10K miles.
4) The 4Runner has a solid resale value, and it seems the Yaris doesn't hold value that well.
5) The interior of the Yaris didn't impress me with all that cloth and plastic, compared to the 4Runner's leather and wood trim.
6) When test driving the Yaris I liked how peppy it was going 0-40mph. With the 4Runner it seems like I'm standing on the pedal to get a response.
7) The 4Runner's msrp was around $38K, and the Yaris' msrp was $18K.

That's all I can think of now. Feel free to share your opinions or comments. Thanks YarisWorld ppl.
TONIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote