Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Southwest
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-03-2010, 12:40 AM   #1
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
March Texas Yaris Yak

Ok everybody let's do it bigger and better than last time.

I will be hosting another Texas meet and everyone is invited... I don't have an exact date for you at the moment but it is going to be one of the first 2 weekends in March. I will have some food and drinks again but will need help again with some of the cost so if you are going to bring something post in here what it is so we don't end up with everyone bringing chips or something like that. I will already be working on one member's car but when that is done I. Am more than willing to help anybody with there projects if they bring them.

I know this is a short and vague intro to this (typing from my phone is hurting my eyes) more to come in the next few days... please fell free to ask any questions you may have. I will answer them as best as I can... I hope we might get some visiters from OK... hint hint cough...

For everyone that is comming the address is:

308 Julie Dr
Crowley, TX 76036

Last edited by lilredrocket; 02-21-2010 at 09:04 PM.
lilredrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:11 AM   #2
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
YarrrisWench and I were talking about a SA meet in March, but if there is a state-wide one I am sure she'll agree to defer to it.

Do you have any idea as to a location? I was discussing with ozmdd about maybe having a state-wide meet up around Temple, maybe somewhere around Belton Lake, as it would be a good central location for those from DFW, SA and Houston (130, 150 and 170 miles one-way respectively). I know that seems like a long trip, but as we all know, Texas is a big state!

And just a note, 15-19 March is spring break for the kiddies down here in SA. I am not sure if other places are that same week; but if they are then places like Belton Lake may not be the best idea as it will be packed. I would suggest not doing this the weekend before or after that week...

But please keep us informed, as I for one would love to make this event!

Cheers! M2
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:42 AM   #3
wildmongoose26

Drives: 09 5dr Yaris
I was wondering when something like this would happen again..... heheh

hopefully by then the crap freezing weather will be gone!!
wildmongoose26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:36 AM   #4
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
Yes, you are correct about Spring Break being the 15-19 for many public schools this year (mine too). Probably best to keep that in mind.

I do agree that trying to stage a meet-up in a central location is a really good idea if we want to connect some of these different groups from around the state. There are some terrific places in the Temple/Belton area that could accomodate a large group, but there really needs to be a strong commitment from 20+ folks before its worth pursuing, or it'll end-up being 4 or 5 people with everyone else bailing in the week or 2 prior to the date.

I'm always a fan of trying to piggy-back something like this with another event that would draw people anyway, like a car show/event or such.
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:25 AM   #5
Slick

Drives: '09 3-Dr
Send a message via MSN to Slick
Well I should be there.... Nuff said :D
Old 02-03-2010, 02:39 PM   #6
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

I understand the want for this to be central but don't forget about frownonfun... he will be driving from Odessa. I will also be doing a little work on his car so somewhere with cover is prefered.

I was planning on doing the event on the weekend that there is going to be a big car show in the DFW area. That is the reason that I don't have the definate date yet.

Also this is not going to be a one day meet up but hoping for more like a 3 day weekend event. I should have some raffle prizes and other goodies for the members that show up.

More news to come....
Old 02-03-2010, 02:51 PM   #7
MadMax

Understand, but if it is in DFW you'll most like not get as many folks from SA and Houston as you would if it were closer to the middle of the state. A 600-mile round trip is not going to entice me to go...

By the way, Odessa to Temple is only about 30 miles more than Odessa to Dallas.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:41 PM   #8
openzup
I've made a post!

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
sounds great try to be there
openzup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:10 AM   #9
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Well I will need a place to work on a car... The a/c ystem to be more exact. Which I need to run by my shop to drain it the proper way.

If I recall there were 3 people for Houston, 1 from Gainsville, 1 from Odessa, and 5 Yaris owners from the DFW, oh yea and there was this Focus guy there too...?!! (he was cool he can come back)
Old 02-04-2010, 12:21 AM   #10
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
hey we don't absolutely have to do the a/c delete the weekend of this proposed meet. oz was talking about some autocross thing in dfw in march that i'd like to go check out and wouldn't mind doing the delete on a weekend like that. one where there isn't so much coordination involved from all members. don't wanna be selfish.

and i have no idea where temple is but it's more than likely do able for me.

my vote is for the 6th and 7th of march. and the 5th too if we plan to make it a 3day shindig(?).

I crush you like tiny clown car, because you are clown, yes?

Last edited by frownonfun; 02-04-2010 at 12:49 AM.
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:27 AM   #11
MadMax

Frown

Temple is about halfway between Austin and Waco on IH-35, right by Killeen.

From Odessa you'd take IH-20 east then south on 183 towards Brownville. From there you head over on Hwy 84 'til you're there. About 385 miles total, here's a map.

Cheers! M2
Old 02-04-2010, 01:45 PM   #12
Lazerdot

Drives: Blazing Blue 08 liftback
I'd like to go too, but don't want to miss a chance to wip OZMDD in the Autocross...
One Year One Oil-AMSOIL at www.Trulube.com TRD Exhaust, Springs and Struts. TRD SSK. NST Underdrive Crank Pulley. Amsoil Dominator 10w-30 Racing Oil, Amsoil DOT4 brake fluid, Amsoil Severe Gear 75w-90 transmission oil, Ultra Racing 23mm Sway Bar, Camber Bolts, R1 Drilled Slotted front Brakes and SS Brake cables from Micro-Image. Orange Konig Daylight 17s, Kumo MXs. Greg@TruLube.com
Lazerdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:33 PM   #13
custom Lftback

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to custom Lftback
Count me in fella's. this should be a blast
Current Mods: MI Armrest; Full LED conversion (interior and exterior); RS spoiler; Tinted windows; Tanabe DF210 lowering springs; aftermarket door speakers; 12" RF P3 subwoofer with custom box wrapped in Neffy; seat covers; HID 8000K headlights; HID 3000K foglights; 13mm PG hub spacers; muffler delete with dual tip; eyelids; and.. A little red Domo mascot!
custom Lftback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:26 PM   #14
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerdot View Post
I'd like to go too, but don't want to miss a chance to wip OZMDD in the Autocross...
It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO on.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:35 PM   #15
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
Frown

Temple is about halfway between Austin and Waco on IH-35, right by Killeen.

From Odessa you'd take IH-20 east then south on 183 towards Brownville. From there you head over on Hwy 84 'til you're there. About 385 miles total, here's a map.

Cheers! M2
yeah i checked out a map today and although i have to say this is far from a geographical center i'm still fine with it.

still i think the dates are more important than location. lets determine WHEN would be the best days for everyone and then we'll hash out the where. but for now temple seems to be the consensus anyway.

I crush you like tiny clown car, because you are clown, yes?
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:01 PM   #16
MadMax

Actually, Brady is the geographical center of Texas; but that means a longer trek for the folks from Dallas and Houston. But if you do it by population, Temple--being about the middle of DFW, SA and Houston; and close to Austin--covers about four of the five largest cities in the state...

Got an undergrad degree in geography...can ya tell?
Old 02-05-2010, 12:17 AM   #17
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Well if it were there I could only make one day.... and might not be able to stay that long...
Old 02-05-2010, 12:46 PM   #18
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

I think the tech-day in early March at LilRed's is a good idea. Its still iffy on the weather, and that's not much planning time.
Lets use his Dallas-area meet-up as a planning session for a State-wide meet, and that will give us more time to research and plan.
Anyone who is willing to make the trip or who has a tech need (we'll help install/adjust damn near anything) is welcome to come, and we can discuss then post ideas for the rest of the state to discuss.

Maybe shoot for April as the target timeframe for the Texas meet-up? The central texas bluebonnets will be rockin by then, and the weather will be warm enough for camping if some folks want to save $$ on hotel accomodations or just love the outdoors.

I'm envisioning a Saturday event near a state park/campground, some hotels and a car show event. That provides a little something for everybody. I'm sure we can locate a good location for the actual rendevouz by talking to whatver clubs are local.

Can I get a response on people who are thinking along these lines?

Tags
cars, meets, texas, toyota, yaris