Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-15-2012, 11:20 PM   #1
theeggrocks

Drives: 2007 HatchBack
Broke Part on Engine Changing serpentine belt.

Hey guys. I was breaking the bolt loose that holds the alternator tight, wrench slipped, broke a coil type piece that goes into the engine. The piece looks as if its a spring returned flow control valve, seems that it goes into the oil system. It goes straight into the block underneath the oil filler cap. It has an electrical plug with 2 pins. I've tried identifying it with parts manuals, with no luck. HELPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
theeggrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:09 AM   #2
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Drives: 07 Yaris hatch
Sounds like OCV or oil control valve...they run about 100.00 from the dealer. People have a tendency to break them when working on the belt.

Does it look like this?

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9364

My odometer 03/11
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/2843ed85.jpg
mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:02 AM   #3
theeggrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazilla View Post
Sounds like OCV or oil control valve...they run about 100.00 from the dealer. People have a tendency to break them when working on the belt.

Does it look like this?

Thanks. I've searched all OEM sites, cannot for the life of me find this damn thing. I need it something terribly. I have a Infiniti G37S to drive to work, but it likes gas alot more than my mighty 180k + miles EGG. Anyone know the part #? or have any information to help? My dealers are all dumb. So I see this being a problem.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:06 AM   #4
theeggrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by theeggrocks View Post
Thanks. I've searched all OEM sites, cannot for the life of me find this damn thing. I need it something terribly. I have a Infiniti G37S to drive to work, but it likes gas alot more than my mighty 180k + miles EGG. Anyone know the part #? or have any information to help? My dealers are all dumb. So I see this being a problem.

And no, it does not look like that at all. It looks as if it is directly above that. It has a plug so I know it has a coil on it. It has a spool with a spring return on it. It looks as if it ports oil somewheres different when the coil is energized. The OCV isn't plugged up electronically is it?? Doesn't look like it per the drawing.

Thanks
Old 04-16-2012, 03:12 AM   #5
theeggrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazilla View Post

Does it look like this?

Correction. It does look exactly like the one that The guy is holding up in front of the paper with TAMAGO written on it. I think that is his user name. Sold some time ago. But at least I have a picture of it now without pulling it out and taking my own pics.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #6
theeggrocks

Does anyone know if this is correct part # for OCV??

15330-21011

It was 100.00 roughly from the dealer, but they gotta order it. So my car is dead until then. I was just curious if anyone KNOWS FOR A FACT THAT'S THE CORRECT # for the OCV in the picture mazilla provided the link for. Thanks.