Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-11-2011, 03:34 PM   #1
RawrDaddy

Drives: 2007
Chinese Touch Screen DVD/GPS/iPod ~UPDATE!~ PICS COMING SOON

After previously being inspired by the first "Double Din Chinese eBay" -imparaphrasing- thread
and finally finding a reason to replace my current Pioneer MP-5800deh [that came with the car...bought it used at a ToYo dealership. go figure.]
I've decided to continue the adventure that has somewhat disappeared on YW...
finding a Cheap x 'Reliable' All In One Head Unit (Nav.DVD.Camera.Bluetooth.USB) (the USB is why im replacing my current HU....who burns CDs anymore?)

and with the words Cheap and AllInOne.....Hong Kong / Chinese Products
will probably make up most of the stuff you find.

So anyways. Having had much experience with chinese products before
and gaining some skill on how to pick out the true low quality ones with the decent
ive decided to begin my HU search with the testing of [it also just came in the mail today] ::
Xtrons TD713G

My Reasoning on picking this one rather than the million other options?
The GUI.
Compared to the rest, including the main one in the previous eBay Double Din thread
the GUI / Interface in the pictures was not all that pleasing to me.
Though their unit looked more OEM (and is a more perfect fit)

Much of the Specs are the same though.

The only negatives I could find on this product
is the dimensions not matched the full width of our DIN
That and the GPS Unit may be Win CE 5/6. Though the increased RAM i think could compensate
and looking at some of the videos of the product x it looked like it still ran smooth enough.

So as I am done rambling for this introduction post x heres the pictures of delivery
and i will keep updating this thread as I advance.

Thanks YW.

Edit: Oh - And It Only Cost $299 Shipped. Fast Three Day DHL. Guess I Cant Complain Too Much?
------------------------------------------------------------------------

CLICKHEREFORPICTURES

Last edited by RawrDaddy; 02-21-2011 at 02:45 PM. Reason: UPDAAAATE-!-
RawrDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:52 PM   #2
big lo

Drives: 2007 VIOS
WOW thats hot let us know how everything comes together, nice find too.
big lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:35 AM   #3
enve1160

Drives: yaris
Where did you order from? I might be interested for my other car.
enve1160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:58 AM   #4
jpmck03

Drives: 2018 Volkswagen GTI
That's quite the impressive find! Looking forward to seeing how this thing turns out.

jpmck03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:07 AM   #5
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
gotta admit that looks far more impressive and well-designed than 99% of the no-name head units out there, nice find!

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:10 AM   #6
RawrDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by enve1160 View Post
Where did you order from? I might be interested for my other car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=110628772099

Almost spent an extra $50 before I found it from this eBay store for $299.

And with a quick scan - I see this one in New York for $305
Clickie Heeeere

So last night, in my freezing cold driveway
I spontaneously decided to rip open my dash
and take a look at how the stereos setup. Before this, I've never seen how the harnesses and the wiring of the Yaris was done, and compared to previous simple single din swaps I've done, I'm second-guessing doing this myself. (I'm getting an amp wired in this week and may be able to have this unit squeezed in as well) If I was to do it singlehandedly - I'm not sure on if I would need to buy another harness, crimp the wires coming from the unit to the car's wires, buy another dash kit, and all that other jazz. If alot of that stuff isn't necessary, or can be simplified some-way then I may just tackle this myself.

Any help / advice is welcomed.

Theres a harness that went directly into the Pioneer and then the Antenna Plug (imassuming)

Preview ::

Old 02-13-2011, 12:36 PM   #7
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Nice find! This is pretty much what I'm looking for and the price is right. I did have a horrid no name flip DVD unit in mine, but it had no navi, bluetooth, SD or USB support. I got rid of it because it would start over a MP3 DVD at random. I still have the OEM double din unit.

When I did the install that unit was a single din, I just got a install kit and a wiring kit. No need to hack the cars wires, and makes things simple if you need to change the head unit later. I'm sure there is plenty of knowledgeable people on here and info to help you get everything installed yourself. Good luck with the project, I will be watching.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:46 PM   #8
bkndacn

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris
im keeping my eye on this :)
Old 02-13-2011, 01:07 PM   #9
henry33

Drives: yaris1.33
maybe you can shoot some video when it will be finished
very nice device for that price
henry33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:44 PM   #10
cougar65

Drives: 2010 yaris 5door
This thing looks amazing. Please update us all when's it's done. :D
cougar65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #11
RawrDaddy

Thanks Everyone. I appreciate it. I'm just as excited as you all. :D

Quote:
When I did the install that unit was a single din, I just got a install kit and a wiring kit. No need to hack the cars wires, and makes things simple if you need to change the head unit later. I'm sure there is plenty of knowledgeable people on here and info to help you get everything installed yourself. Good luck with the project, I will be watching.
Yeah. Thats what i was thinking that all I would need is the two kits.
But since theres already an aftermarket unit in their - I'm not sure if I would still need one or if different measures should be taken.
I've been snooping around YW for a good while now without posting much, so I'm pretty sure theres a few people with LOTS of knowledge that could help me...just waiting lol.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:32 PM   #12
jaime

Drives: 2010 Yaris 5-door LB
Does this unit have pre-outs for connecting to external amplifiers (Front-L+R, Rear-L+R, subwoofer)?
jaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:45 PM   #13
RawrDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime View Post
Does this unit have pre-outs for connecting to external amplifiers (Front-L+R, Rear-L+R, subwoofer)?
Yep.

Top Right Audio Out Section - Is where the amp cables would go.

Ill take a closer pic later.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:49 PM   #14
bkndacn

So I got inspired by this thread today and went out and bought a new head unit to replace my OEM one.

This is what I got:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...rs/AVH-P3200BT

went to best buy and spent just over 500$$ for the H/U and the harness ....

too dark now for pics but Its not really that hard at all If I can do it then anyone can !
Old 02-13-2011, 09:58 PM   #15
jaime

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkndacn View Post
went to best buy and spent just over 500$$ for the H/U and the harness ....
Yikes! You could have bought it for $300 from Amazon.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:58 PM   #16
bkndacn

Idk why But I dont like buying big ticket things online .... plus Im more of a "instant Gratification" kinda guy and seeing that it was a whim buy i was able to instantly gratify myself this afternoon by installing it :-D
Old 02-19-2011, 06:57 PM   #17
jaime

Any updates? Finished installing it?
Old 02-21-2011, 02:40 PM   #18
RawrDaddy

UPDATE

Okaay

Soo Sorry For The Delay
and lack of updating

So i've installed the device myself
and i am definitely IMPRESSED

The screen is definitely crisp and attractive
The touch screen responsiveness is above fair. The only thing that could be somewhat "annoying / aggervating" to some is the 3D Menu... (its a shortcut inbetween screens. pushing a button at a diagonal can be mistaken for a swipe =/ and unfortunately changing screens)
the buttons are definitely not cheap though and areupto par to the touch-screen of my Samsung Mythic.

Radio is clear. and switching between stations is no problem
AUX worked great.
Bluetooth worked great. course different phones may give different troubles - usually a nice turn on/off of your phones bluetooth fixes any problems.
Bluetooth audio sounded great.
SD / USB i havent exactly tested yet.
DVD - movie played perfectly.and resolution was great
[i havent tried with an actual good HD movie though...unfortunately the movie i tested was an old Karate Flick]
GPS - Marvelous. it comes with a legit iGo. And seeing how I live in Georgia - where theres a new subdivision built every week and countless dirt roads - I have YET to find an unmarked street or any bad directions from the device.
GPS is infact - Windows Ce 6.0 and works responsive and fast.
Split Screening and multi-tasking with music still playing works great.
(the music is sometimes muted briefly when performing certain actions under the GPS)

And Last But Not Least - One of the more bigger differences I can see in the switch of head units - is Sound Quality.

The sound processing between my old deh5800 and my new Xtrons
is almost night and day (at least for me)
my old head unit definitely destroys this category. not saying the sound coming from the Xtrons is trashy - it definitely doesnt compete with the Pioneer on all levels of volumes.

The Xtrons is said to be 44 x 4 (22 x 4 RMS) on the site - but 60 x 4 in the manual.
the Pioneer is 50 x 4.

The EQ adjusting and sound processing of the Xtrons is very limited compared to the Pioneer. It covers more of the basic functions ( Bass, Trebele, Loud, Genre [Rock,Jazz,Flat,Classic,etc]. Then you can fade the soudn around and etc)
The Pioneer actual let you control the setup of the sub from the head unit, let you set filters for the main speakers, let you adjust the Loud Setting, let you EQ different frequencies, and I'm sure it even pushed out even more wattage per speaker.

my yaris would actually RATTLE [with no clipping, and the music still sounding PERFECT and CLEAR. While playing Lows down to the 50-80 hz range] with the Pioneer and hit reasonable bass-notes like it didnt need a sub.

The xtrons on the other hand.. definitely not as loud or clear or adjustable which sucks seeing as you cant compensate with the bad natural sound processor.
an amp and/or a seperate equalizer could easily fix this problem.

the Xtrons still sounds as good/better than stock - but definitely not as great compared to other "NAME" brand products

all of its other features though - definitely are on the same level as Alpines, Pioneers, etc. that are in the $1000's range. hands down.

I would actually pick the Xtrons over some of the others - even if i was paying more than 500 for it.

Overall - the Xtrons is DEFINITELY a GREAT buy. I'd definitely would have to say one of the BEST [Name Brand or Chinese] headunits out right now. Definitely at the price range.

My only gripes were the iffy 3D-Menu and the Sound Processing
though they are still better than average and definitely do not ruin the product.

I kinda rushed this little summary up. Ill post a better, more in depth review with all the pictures up later.

Tags
2007, chinese, double din, gps, xtrons