Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-09-2009, 09:46 AM   #55
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
The "troll" just bought a set of pulleys, so before you all go off flaming the crap out of him (which you already did), maybe CONSIDER that he's trying to get educated, wants his car to be faster, and isn't just trying to get a rise out of you.

"peg leg"? wow.

No grace at all - if this board turns into another ScionLife, I'm out.
yeah guys, there's no proof at all that this guy is who you think he is, so let's all chill out, ok?

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:40 PM   #56
rkvin21

Drives: 2012 Toyota Yaris SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
yeah guys, there's no proof at all that this guy is who you think he is, so let's all chill out, ok?
Thank you

Quote:
Use 14 wheels ( 185-55 r-14 will shave almost a sec off your 0-60 RIGHT NOW.
After doing research on this theory. It is not necessarily the size of the wheels that makes the car quicker but the ratio of the tire ie 185/60 vs 185/50 the 50 being quicker. Although if you do keep the same ratio of the same width but drop size you theoretically will but just by dropping the ratio by 10 will improve more revs per mile. Also what I have learned about doing this mod to get quicker will reduce your top speed also affecting your accuracy of your speedometer. This is the Calculator I used.

I just got my pulleys in the mail(a slip anyways). The lazy....ya..... didn't even come to my house to do a deleivery and just put the slip in my mailbox. So tomorrow i'm gonna pick them up. Don't know when i'll get to install it but i'll let you guys know what I think when I do. Thanks Garm!
rkvin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:56 AM   #57
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
if you go with too small of a tire, you'll now have to shift into third to hit TRUE 60mph lol... which means you're now slower
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:29 AM   #58
Thej3sta2

Drives: Soon to be LFA
intake mani, supercharger, underdive pulleys, light weight wheels, or you could just spend a couple grand on a 3sgt and try to retro fit it.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:32 AM   #59
Thej3sta2

Drives: Soon to be LFA
when me and sabretooth swapped back seats there was a bar that was seprate from the seat that held the seat to the chassi. We were wonder if Someone were to leave that bar there, Would it assist with the suspension?
Old 01-13-2009, 10:16 AM   #60
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thej3sta2 View Post
when me and sabretooth swapped back seats there was a bar that was seprate from the seat that held the seat to the chassi. We were wonder if Someone were to leave that bar there, Would it assist with the suspension?
no, it doesn't directly bolt to anything that counts.. but it makes an EXCELLENT place to mount a racing harness :D

as far as the 3SGTE swap... it'll make you a very fast car.. that's still WRONG WHEEL DRIVE and very heavy, won't handle or turn like it used to, it'll be front heavy and want to swap ends on even the slightest of corners..

not a good idea if you intend to drive the car around turns ;)
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:32 PM   #61
rkvin21

I just installed my underdrive pulley and water pulley. Unfortunately I didn't install the alt because it was getting dark and I didn't know how I should go about replacing it. Do I have to remove the alt? If so how do I go about that exactly. I can loosen all the bolts no problem but what about the cables that are connected to it?

Thanks in advance
Old 01-14-2009, 08:39 PM   #62
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkvin21 View Post
I just installed my underdrive pulley and water pulley. Unfortunately I didn't install the alt because it was getting dark and I didn't know how I should go about replacing it. Do I have to remove the alt? If so how do I go about that exactly. I can loosen all the bolts no problem but what about the cables that are connected to it?

Thanks in advance
if you can loosen the mounting bolts you can loosen the cables ;)

it may be difficult to get the alternator pulley off without an impact gun though..
you nailed it sir.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:43 PM   #63
rkvin21

So are ur saying I should pull it forward or take it off? I have an air ratchet does that count?
Old 01-14-2009, 08:47 PM   #64
Tamago

Quote:
So are ur saying I should pull it forward or take it off? I have an air ratchet does that count?
if you have the ability, leave the belt on it, nice and tight.. then try to loosen the nut. then remove the belt and install the new pulley

and enjoy your "extra power" lmfao ;)

and no, air ratchet won't do what an impact gun will.. Harbor freight sells them decently cheap.. i recommend picking up a 1/2" drive one
you nailed it sir.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:53 PM   #65
rkvin21

I was asking if I should take off or pull foward the alt not the belt to replace the pulley. lol
Old 01-14-2009, 08:55 PM   #66
Tamago

Quote:
I was asking if I should take off or pull foward the alt not the belt to replace the pulley. lol
if you can get to the nut that holds the pulley on without removing the alternator i say leave it on
but having the belt in place will help you get that nut loose
you nailed it sir.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:02 PM   #67
rkvin21

I don't have anything to fit the tight space. From what I checked its a 22mm and there wasn't much room for a wrench or ratchet. So far the only possible hard part would be removing the cables connected to the alt. What is the best way to do that?
Old 01-14-2009, 09:10 PM   #68
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
when we do the pulley installs, I take the alternator off, it just makes everything easier.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:16 PM   #69
rkvin21

Quote:
when we do the pulley installs, I take the alternator off, it just makes everything easier.
i kinda figured I would lol. I'm still asking what is the best way to remove the cables that are connected to the alt more specifically the lower one. Is only brute force the answer to unplugging it or is there another way?