Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-06-2009, 07:26 AM   #19
rkvin21

Drives: 2012 Toyota Yaris SE
lol sorry didn't mean to. what are you driving that gets 0-60 in 3 shifts. I use 1st and 2nd for my 0-60.at 61 i'm in 3rd lol

Last edited by rkvin21; 01-07-2009 at 03:56 PM.
rkvin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:26 AM   #20
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Here it is. http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ght=underdrive
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:44 AM   #21
rkvin21

thanx for helping find it. I was just looking for it lol. Ok i'm sold with the underdrive pulley. I just ordered it. even though I probably shouldn't have. I guess i'm going turbo then. Does anyone know what psi I should look into to get the best 0-60 times?
Old 01-06-2009, 07:51 AM   #22
pinoypizzaboy

Drives: 08 toyota yaris LB
garm has a thread here with 0-60 on a dyno. I believe hes runing 8 pounds
pinoypizzaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:04 AM   #23
Ryu

Drives: Copper Orange Mica Yaris
If you only want better 0-60 times, very light wheel should be on your list.
Light wheel + tons of performance mod = lot of speed from the start for this car.
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:12 AM   #24
rkvin21

ya I saw the video. I didn't think it was that much of an improvement. But it might have just been a lil bit of poor shifting in the beginning which I think he admitted to. I'm looking on to see what I need but its alot of math lol and hard info to find online for the yaris EXACT specifics
Old 01-06-2009, 10:12 AM   #25
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkvin21 View Post
ya I saw the video. I didn't think it was that much of an improvement. But it might have just been a lil bit of poor shifting in the beginning which I think he admitted to. I'm looking on to see what I need but its alot of math lol and hard info to find online for the yaris EXACT specifics
What specifics are you looking for?
Old 01-06-2009, 10:16 AM   #26
Kaotic Lazagna

No clue how old this chart is, but it may be of use as a reference:
http://www.prolepsis.net/carstuff/wheelweights.pdf
Old 01-06-2009, 11:35 AM   #27
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
ya I saw the video. I didn't think it was that much of an improvement.
LOL, it was.

Quote:
My goal is to beat my co-workers stock mustang GT from a red light to the speed limit +5
Hard to beat RWD without the LSD in your car.

Has anyone asked you what tires you have on your car?
Sticky tires would be critical in short race/hard launch conditions.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:16 PM   #28
cleong
Parallel Parking Pro

Drives: Yaris 1.5 Manual
DIY turbos are definitely not the sort of thing that a mechanically inclined guy who knows a welder should try to do when the only thing he's ever done for himself on his car is to change the air filter. Its more than just pipework. If only it were that simple!

I think you need to set yourself a budget, and also ask yourself whether it is wise to spend so much money trying to beat a Mustang GT at the stoplights. It'd go nowhere - when your coworker finally gets beaten by you in your modified Yaris, his Mustang isn't likely to stay stock for much longer either.
TTE Lowering Springs, Camber bolts
TRD Blue brake pads
Fujitsubo Super Wagolis axleback exhaust
DC Sports header
cleong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:41 PM   #29
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Mustang GT + Vortech S/C = FEAR
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:14 PM   #30
saplaymate

Drives: 08' HB
Buy a sport bike, It will beat the stang and probably be cheaper !
Old 01-06-2009, 02:48 PM   #31
rkvin21

Right now everything is stock except for the quickshifter and CAI. Btw I installed my CAI as well thank you very much. Well I guess just changing my air filter is a lil exaggeration but it was the only thing I had done by myself. My first car was an 85 buick skylark that I got for 400. I definatley needed work. My dad was the one who helped me fix it up till I blew a rod in the engine. Had replaced the rack and pinion, heater core, radiator, new push rods and lifters, full tune up with spark plugs, distributor cap, and spark plug wires(total=$1000 = time for new car. Well he did most of the work while I watched. Oh I just remembered that I changed my ignition coil(not very hard btw) in my 96 avalon(next car).

actually he wants a kenne bell s/c lol. But his payments on his car are outrageous(he only put 500 down) and he has a couple years left. Also he wants a body kit first before any performance mods.

I tried riding a bike. Even aced the permit test. problem is that i started to learn on an 800 on dirt road with a lil hill. I dumped it 3 times within 3 min and gave up. lol
Old 01-06-2009, 03:01 PM   #32
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
so what was the question again? or was this just an attn thread...

btw i'm around 6seconds 0-60 on about 9-10lbs boost

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_ECRZWw9ek
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:13 PM   #33
rkvin21

now that looked nice. ur car has the same engine right? my general question is what type of mods will help me increase my 0-60 time. More specifically I asking for help in deciding whether to use a t/c or s/c to determine the mods suitable. I have now decided on a t/c. Also what kind of headers would be a good choice to use with a t/c if any? What is the setup for your t/c? Is it a built-in intercooler or remote? Also what size wastegate? Those questions are for anyone who has a t/c.

so far my list is as follows:

quickshifter (installed)
AEM CAI (installed)
10% underdrive NST Pulley(ordered)
Kaaz LSD
lighter wheels and slick tires
removing unused parts from car
t/c
custom exhaust system(type and design determined by t/c)
headers(maybe?)
Old 01-06-2009, 04:19 PM   #34
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkvin21 View Post
Also what kind of headers would be a good choice to use with a t/c if any? What is the setup for your t/c? Is it a built-in intercooler or remote? Also what size wastegate? Those questions are for anyone who has a t/c.
i'm running a VF39 from a Subaru Impreza STI, all custom everything (turbo is top-mounted above the valve cover) and using a small but thick Saab side-mount intercooler mounted under the hood and fed with a NACA style duct.

the wastegate is internal to the VF39 and is "set" at 8psi (for an STI) but i see 9-10psi on it

if you want to go faster in 0-60 only i recommend nitrous.. $500 and an afternoon and you'll be done. i have over a year of blood sweat, swearwords, cut/burned bodyparts and hundreds of hours of just pure headache in my turbo setup. granted, i'm sure the Yaris world will have a plug n play kit very soon so you wont' have to deal with what i dealt with.

budget $8000 for a nice kit and all the gauges/safety precautions you should take to make it a reliable daily driver.
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:26 PM   #35
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
stiff springs (at least rears) are helpful for launching a fwd car....
Old 01-06-2009, 05:15 PM   #36
rkvin21

I have managed to piece together some turbo parts that might work. please let me know if i'm missing something.

Garret turbo GT1548 or GT2052
Garret intercooler p/n 703518-6015
Garret blow-off valve p/n 714341-0002
tC injectores (550cc?)
DC headers?

I have read that most turbo kits come with new headers. Should I use DC headers, some other perfomance header, or just stick with stock(i doubt it lol)?. I feel like i'm missing something so please let me know