Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-23-2009, 02:54 PM   #19
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
Quote:
Originally Posted by jouna View Post
that's what i had. and learn how 2 read sucka! monday nights they don't use time is 4 street cars to have fun... and it's a sedannnn

No times are fine by me, just next time, grab a bud's video camera.

We have the same kind of fun days around here, cept ours are based on Autocross Saturdays where kids pay $30 to run for 6 hours, but its all setup where you gotta wait in line. You generally get 3-5 runs in within that time period.
Sabretooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:28 PM   #20
jouna

Drives: jdm yaris sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
just don't come around here in a month telling us how you destroyed a S2000, cause then we really won't need the vid
or maybe i will
jouna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:57 PM   #21
RagnaCaT
HacKers WanTed!

Drives: Yaris S HB & Yaris S SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchbackkid82 View Post
suprprised this thread isn't locked yet
Hello? It's a track and it's legal deal with it! Keeps us of the streets we don't really love numbers just the competition....

Quote:
next week i'll put some good quality videos of my yaris beatting a couple of cars
At what track is it on monday's? I heard ponce was tuesdays can you correct me? I'm gonna match up against a friends mini just for bragging rights and fun!
Old 04-23-2009, 08:03 PM   #22
m911gt
Carless in Chicago

Drives: 08 Blk LB
Quote:
imma do time when the car is modded a lil bit more maybe this week or the next i'll install nst pulleys, ground kit with voltaje stabilizer, nitto torque damper, short shifter i hope to do low 15's high 14's
I just dragged for my first time ever on Saturday, the conditions weren't great and I know I can improve slightly...I ran a 16.7 with a trap speed of ~81mph...14's? Best of luck man. This car is supposed to run a 17.3 stock.

What year is your car? What trim?

oh, as far as mods...check my garage, it's not that much but it's a bit more than I/H/E. Also, I ran that time with only my driver's seat in the car.

Some say that he is the secret love child of Ferrari and Porsche, and others say that he would lap James May twice in a 1/4 mile drag race. All we know is that he is called The Stig.
m911gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:05 PM   #23
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Yeah, I was running mid 16's as well, but that was with a full tank of gas, and the worse launches possible. LOL. I can't remember where I put the four time slips I have.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:35 AM   #24
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
We have "open" nights here as well on Mondays on our local drag strip...

And since SO many cars assist and the fee is like $5 so they don't bother setting up the times... They only do for really fast cars... you know for the show.

Is fun, is legal, is cheap, you get to practice your lauches since you can easily run 4-5 times in one night.
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:33 AM   #25
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
Great! Yaris represent!!!
Please ignore all the haters... we have a few over here.
+1
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:50 AM   #26
jouna

Quote:
Originally Posted by m911gt View Post

What year is your car? What trim?

oh, as far as mods...check my garage, it's not that much but it's a bit more than I/H/E. Also, I ran that time with only my driver's seat in the car.
i have a 09 yaris sedan' and i stripped it down too but i had the passenger seat cuz of my girlfriend i'm not sure about 15's with the small upgrades but later on yeah cuz ive seen it and i know the right tuners to do it.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:55 AM   #27
hatchbackkid82

Drives: .
Man seems like you have great tuners out there. Seems like you either go big or go home in PR.
hatchbackkid82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:52 AM   #28
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ you got that right, they are willing to play hard in PR!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:54 AM   #29
hatchbackkid82

Drives: .
Yeah, don't they have a sedan with 2zzge over there
hatchbackkid82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:59 AM   #30
BLAZINBLUEVITZ

Drives: 2007 YARIS 3DOOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by m911gt View Post
I just dragged for my first time ever on Saturday, the conditions weren't great and I know I can improve slightly...I ran a 16.7 with a trap speed of ~81mph...14's? Best of luck man. This car is supposed to run a 17.3 stock.
WEAK time you got there. im thinking you need to practice your launches.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:55 PM   #31
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Um, weak time? Although the "official" timeslips thread for the quarter were mostly lost, hardly anyone has broken into the 16's w/o some sort of forced induction or engine swap. I'm almost tapped out for the auto yaris for performance mods, and my best run was a 16.9 @ 84mph, which is the quickest documented time for a n/a auto 2nd gen hatch. Chino has a manual, almost similar mods (different intake, header) and he managed a 17.1. Without some serious weight reduction and good tires I see it pretty hard to get into the 15's keeping it n/a with the 1NZFE.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:02 AM   #32
jouna

well i know i can manage a 16.5 or with a good launch 16.3 but let me get some slip 4 u guys. i don't know what's the deal with the yaris. i had a 87 civic that did 13.3 n/a and it's easier to launch it than the yaris at first i launched too hard like in the streets but then i got the hang of it and ive beaten echos like by 2 cars that normally do 16.5
Old 04-25-2009, 09:43 AM   #33
BLAZINBLUEVITZ

Drives: 2007 YARIS 3DOOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
Um, weak time? Although the "official" timeslips thread for the quarter were mostly lost, hardly anyone has broken into the 16's w/o some sort of forced induction or engine swap. I'm almost tapped out for the auto yaris for performance mods, and my best run was a 16.9 @ 84mph, which is the quickest documented time for a n/a auto 2nd gen hatch. Chino has a manual, almost similar mods (different intake, header) and he managed a 17.1. Without some serious weight reduction and good tires I see it pretty hard to get into the 15's keeping it n/a with the 1NZFE.
how easy we forget thAT CHINO and i quote "DEFINITELY not. Ran a 16.5 bone stock. 14.2 sounds reasonable. I'm going to gun for 13.9 though with my current setup." so don't tell me that his time with bolt-ons/ 5speed is acceptable......
Old 04-25-2009, 11:04 AM   #34
Thej3sta2

Drives: Soon to be LFA
gangsta nicerepresenting of the yaris man you rock

Hold it down Panna
Old 04-25-2009, 11:17 AM   #35
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
I did a very unofficial 17s not long ago, with my heavy-ass wheels, and no weight reduction of any kind...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:17 PM   #36
Arkhangel

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnaCaT View Post
Hello? It's a track and it's legal deal with it! Keeps us of the streets we don't really love numbers just the competition....

At what track is it on monday's? I heard ponce was tuesdays can you correct me? I'm gonna match up against a friends mini just for bragging rights and fun!
Ive heard that the Track in Carolina does this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchbackkid82 View Post
Yeah, don't they have a sedan with 2zzge over there
Yup we do!!

and ime sure theres a ton of Turbo Yaris out there that just havent found Yaris World yet...

By the way what year was the Lancer?? GTS 07 and up are 2.4l

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. --Tom Clancy
Arkhangel is offline   Reply With Quote