Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-04-2007, 08:27 PM   #55
lostmind

Drives: 06 STi, 07 rav4, 07 yaris
wrblue, ty for the explanation...
lostmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 10:37 PM   #56
Motorhead6T5

Drives: 07 NCP96
There is no way you will get a 1/3 gain in power. Probably lose a lot down bottom too. Personaly I think it would be stupid to put this on a stock car. Whole lot of headache for an assumed gain,assuming you could ever get it to work right with throttle by wire.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:17 PM   #57
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
There is a possibility don't get me wrong with right tuning and high octane fuel etc there is a good chance.... Some motorcycles im pretty sure have ITB's that run on DBW... some Suzukis I just looked up on ebay were(i didn't see any linkage). http://youtube.com/watch?v=MfQ4eA626kM ... Some nice ITB Action...

I want to fab up a DIY kit with a guide like some other people did for other cars if anyone is willing to help me.... Chino? i messaged you earlier... anyone else wanna get in on this... Woohoo Aim Chatroom ftw...?
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 11:33 PM   #58
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Throttle by wire works great on my Scion tC. As for the ITB setup for the Yaris, we'll all be waiting to see Danstoy's results.

It's all on paper until then.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:07 PM   #59
FunctionSpec
Super Newbie

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback White
Individual Throttle Bodies vs Turbo

Each has its own advantages and disadvantages depending on the application it is used for.

ITB are great for the track(track as in a road course with corners, not a dragstrip). Entrance and exit corner speeds will be better with ITBs because of the high response and smoother power flow. The increase horsepower will get it around the track faster and the increase response helps in getting up to speed quicker for the next corner. Coupled with a good set of cams and upgraded lighter valvetrain, you can get more horsepower and a higher rpm limit. The disadvantage is that it is costly upgrade for the amount of horsepower but for the application it is used for, it is worth it. The Yaris is light and nimble so a setup like this for the track will be great. The main advantage of the Yaris on the track is its cornerspeed and ITBs will greatly improve it. With ITBs you get the reliability of a Naturally Aspirated motor without the worry of blowing something up, but just don't overrev it haha.

Turbo is good for those who want more power for the money. Turbo has its main advantage on the dragstrip where more horsepower means better times, but thats of course if you can get the power to the ground. More horsepower means faster car in a straightline. The problem with Turbo on the track(track with corners) is turbo LAG. Exit speeds are reduce because of the lag and lack of response. Entrance speed is also reduce because of lag and not being able to get up to speed quick enough. When the turbo does kick in, the sudden increase in power and torque will break its front tires loose creating understeer which will cause you to lift off the throttle and reduce even more speed. Since the car is FWD, breaking the front tires loose is bad since power delivery and steering are all controlled by the front tires. The smoother power flow of ITBs will keep the power to the ground.

Which you choose depends on the application you want to use it for because of the advantages and disadvantages of both, so choose wisely.
FunctionSpec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:14 PM   #60
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

ok, just so everyone knows what the Danstoy kit *might* look like, here's the two pics from ScionLife:

Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:07 AM   #61
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

anymore pics?
Old 08-06-2007, 12:21 AM   #62
cdmyaris

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
im digging this ITB kit... cant wait for more info!

btw, is there any other yaris with something similar like red yaris above my post? I dont see it around with yaris that much.
cdmyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:51 AM   #63
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
So years later, did this kit ever come to fruition?
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:20 PM   #64
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

over 2 1/2 years.

no.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:36 PM   #65
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

WHAT don't ghost bump I got all excited when i saw it again
Old 04-30-2010, 12:42 PM   #66
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
Haha...
Old 04-30-2010, 01:04 PM   #67
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

^ +1

BUMP
Old 04-30-2010, 11:40 PM   #68
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus1155 View Post
WHAT don't ghost bump I got all excited when i saw it again
HAHAHAHAHAHA Ghost bump LMFAO !!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:16 PM   #69
Marfulion