Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-15-2009, 05:33 AM   #1
FEINT

Drives: Vitz RS 1.5
DIY : How to remove door panels

This is my contribution to Yarisworld. THis is what I am cataloging as I am going along with my yaris build. I am hoping it might help somebody.

This is done on a liftback 2009 Vitz RS.

Starting on the left hand door.

Remove the armrest piece. It just pops upwards.

This is just another illustration of the same piece that should pop up. On the other end of the door, use a small screwdriver to pop open a cover as shown in the photo.

This is what it will look like after taking off the piece.

Proceed to remove the power window switch panel and the other panel illustrated in the photo. These should both pop up as well. No tools required, just use your hands.

Remove the connector for the power window switch by pressing the tab and pulling.

This is what it looks like after removal of the above 2 pieces.

+ screwdriver required. Remove the 4 screws as shown in the photo.

To remove the door card, I pulled anywhere along the bottom of the door. It will come apart as shown.

It might require quite a yank to get it to come off. After it has seperated from the door, push the door card UPWARDS, it should come free after that.

Remove the door / lock wires from the latch.

These are where all the little grommets are located in order for you to re-attach them to the door card for installation. ***There is one more behind the hand.***.

I hope this help. :)
FEINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:27 AM   #2
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
hahah I just did that this morning from an old DIY, but arigato, your pics are quite clearer!

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:44 PM   #3
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
Ok, now I have no excuse for not pulling my door panel off to do sound deadening. Thanks for the DIY.
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:53 PM   #4
djgoodonya
the ubernigga

Drives: 2008 Yaris 3D HB MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtNoogie View Post
Ok, now I have no excuse for not pulling my door panel off to do sound deadening. Thanks for the DIY.
Agreed. Can't wait for consistent nice weather. Poor Type R's are just sitting in the closet uninstalled.
djgoodonya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:57 PM   #5
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Note that if you have manual windows its a little tricky to remove the crank.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:39 AM   #6
FEINT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtNoogie View Post
I did the deadening yesterday, so here's a little DIY again.

I took off the plastic sheet then I had to remove all that sticky black silicon. I used selo tape and just stickied it off.

All done, nice and clean

Then applying the sheets should be pretty straight forward. I am going to have to re-do mine as I am not happy with the way it turned out.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:20 AM   #7
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Did you put any deadening material on the inside of the external door skin or just cover those holes on the inside as seen in the photo?
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:48 AM   #8
FEINT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altitude View Post
Did you put any deadening material on the inside of the external door skin or just cover those holes on the inside as seen in the photo?
External skin deadened, but didn't have time to take a photo. I am not finished with the deadening yet, waiting for my speakers to arrive. Then I have to get baffles and then I will deaden the door again and also over the baffles.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:08 PM   #9
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Where is the DIY for the manual windows? Trying to figure out how to get the crank arm off.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:36 AM   #10
privateyeblckbx

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Should be a spring clip behind the crank handle. Push on ur panel slightly and look behind and should see a horse shoe shaped clip. You can either remove it with a special tool which is the easiest (Harbor freight or autozone for about $5-14) or a flat screw driver or a pick will work. Careful they shoot out sometimes and are easy to lose. Pretty sure the yaris is the clip type (i have power windows), if not it can be a cover type that u remove and swing out of place to reveal a torx screw or bolt.
privateyeblckbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #11
Lars
Yaris beginner

Drives: Yaris XP9F
The pictures are dead :( Can anyone repost or something? I'm getting some new speakers soon :)
Lars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:14 PM   #12
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars View Post
The pictures are dead :( Can anyone repost or something? I'm getting some new speakers soon :)
Here http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...+panel+removal
Old 03-26-2018, 10:11 AM   #13
Pinchlite

Drives: 2007 yaris HB
photos???

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEINT View Post
This is my contribution to Yarisworld. THis is what I am cataloging as I am going along with my yaris build. I am hoping it might help somebody.

This is done on a liftback 2009 Vitz RS.

Starting on the left hand door.

Remove the armrest piece. It just pops upwards.

This is just another illustration of the same piece that should pop up. On the other end of the door, use a small screwdriver to pop open a cover as shown in the photo.

This is what it will look like after taking off the piece.

Proceed to remove the power window switch panel and the other panel illustrated in the photo. These should both pop up as well. No tools required, just use your hands.

Remove the connector for the power window switch by pressing the tab and pulling.

This is what it looks like after removal of the above 2 pieces.

+ screwdriver required. Remove the 4 screws as shown in the photo.

To remove the door card, I pulled anywhere along the bottom of the door. It will come apart as shown.

It might require quite a yank to get it to come off. After it has seperated from the door, push the door card UPWARDS, it should come free after that.

Remove the door / lock wires from the latch.

These are where all the little grommets are located in order for you to re-attach them to the door card for installation. ***There is one more behind the hand.***.

I hope this help. :)

What images?
Pinchlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 02:16 AM   #14
KermitAUS

Drives: Yaris 2009
Following
KermitAUS is offline   Reply With Quote