Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Area > NonStopTuning
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 01:44 AM   #1
NonStopTuning

Drives: NST CARS: S13 AE86 ANT10 AW11
NST Now Offers Lightweight Flywheels ... Group Buy?

Hi everyone,

NST now offers SPEC lightweight clutches and flywheels...

http://www.nonstoptuning.com/SPEC/pSpecClutch.html

The purpose of this thread is to see if we have enough interest in a limited GROUP BUY on our first batch of flywheels. MSRP is $389.00 and I can offer the first TEN people on our list a nice GB price of $349.00. In addition, we will offer discounted shipping at only $10-$15 within the USA... calculated at the time of each order.

We expect these flywheels to be ready for shipping in about 14 days, so we will ask for payments in about two weeks, once we have roughly TEN people signed up. Due to limited quantities only a maximum of TEN people will be allowed to sign up for this offer on a first come, first served basis. So please hurry if you are interested.

SPEC billet flywheels are manufactured and developed for specific driving environments and recommended based on how each car reacts to changes in rotating mass. SPEC flywheels are NOT a one-fits-all lightweight flywheel, though they can be used for an array of driving habits and racing/high performance applications. Consult a SPEC representative for a recommendation. Manufactured from only the highest quality steel and aluminum, they are the only flywheels on the market manufactured to a .001 machine tolerance, guaranteeing a flat seating surface for the clutch and smooth rotational qualities for perfect balance and extended engine life.

So...

Old 07-07-2009, 01:53 AM   #2
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
I would think there would be more of a discount on this group buy?
Old 07-07-2009, 02:04 AM   #3
NonStopTuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
I would think there would be more of a discount on this group buy?
I wish that were possible, and I hope you guys understand that I would offer you the best possible discount without you having to haggle for it... considering that so many of you know us so well

This is the best offer I can extend at this time. www.specclutch.com lists this flywheel at $389.00 and does NOT keep this item in their inventory. NST is investing a large sum of upfront cash to make these available for the Yaris community.

Good luck and have fun with all your projects everyone.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:11 AM   #4
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Thanks Mike, this would be a great addition to any Yaris which is driven in a lively manner

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 07-07-2009, 02:47 AM   #5
Jerkratt

Drives: 08 Yaris Liftback S (RIP 07)
Send a message via AIM to Jerkratt
might be starting a job again this week.. (crosses fingers) if so im totally down
Old 07-07-2009, 11:25 AM   #6
NonStopTuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_hrs View Post
Do you know what the stock vs. lightened weights are?
I'd like to know how light, because generally smooth driveability goes down as the flywheel weight does...

Cheers
Good question. This flywheel is roughly 35% lighter than the OEM one.
SPEC flywheels are designed to reduce weight and increase response without sacrificing driveability.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:43 AM   #7
Treyz
~ ambient one ~

Drives: 2009 Bayou Yaris Liftback
I'm hurting financially so I can't right now .. and especially the fact that I have a manual Yaris now, this really sucks cuz I'd love to get one, lol.

ambientlifestyle.com------------ambientlifestyle.ning.com

Micro Image
Store - Network - Online
microimageonline.com------------microimage.ning.com
Old 07-07-2009, 11:47 AM   #8
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
another question..how hard is it for a person to put this on..or do i need to go to a shop to do it..80% of shop on my area rips people off..
Old 07-07-2009, 04:47 PM   #9
NonStopTuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus View Post
another question..how hard is it for a person to put this on..or do i need to go to a shop to do it..80% of shop on my area rips people off..
Quoted from another NST thread here on YW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
you could do it yourself with:

jackstands

a hi-lift hydraulic jack

8mm
10mm
12mm
14mm
a hammer and pry bar

a buddy who can lift 80lbs laying on his back

i've done mine twice, once with help, once without. a little ingenuity will get you a long way on this one, save you some serious coin!
Although we would HIGHLY suggest seeking the assistance of a trained professional if you are at all the slightest bit hesitant about this installation.

Proper installation of a clutch & flywheel is EXTREMELY important for long term durability and the lifespan of the clutch & flywheel.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:34 PM   #10
Treyz
~ ambient one ~

Drives: 2009 Bayou Yaris Liftback
^^

Yup, you gotta make sure that the flywheel bolts are torqued to spec. That's something I'd want a lift for rather than jackstands which I normally rock in the driveway.

ambientlifestyle.com------------ambientlifestyle.ning.com

Micro Image
Store - Network - Online
microimageonline.com------------microimage.ning.com
Old 07-08-2009, 02:52 PM   #11
NonStopTuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treyz View Post
^^

Yup, you gotta make sure that the flywheel bolts are torqued to spec. That's something I'd want a lift for rather than jackstands which I normally rock in the driveway.
Torquing down bolts to the correct specification, and in the correct pattern, is EXTREMELY important as well.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:07 PM   #12
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

Drives: 15 STI
Send a message via AIM to mikenacarato
just want everyone to know I have this Spec flywheel in my car. It made a big difference and I suggest it to everyone! the weight difference is crazy! I did my stage 2 clutch and flywheel on my garage floor with a jack and 2 jackstands....with a friends help of course. its not hard to do if you know what your doing.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:30 PM   #13
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Spec has a pretty sad reputation among most of the forums I've seen. I don't know if that is due to improper installs or a faulty product (or a little of both) but if anyone has anything to add to make me and probably a few others feel better about Spec stuff, now would be the time.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:07 PM   #14
NonStopTuning

SPEC also has a very good reputation among the forums I have visited, and they have a very very good presence in D1GP USA (which we compete in), in Formula Drift, and in drifting communities at the grassroots level. Come out to any national drift event across the country and you will find at least one or two SPEC employees ready and willing to chat with customers.

Furthermore, they sincerely and genuinely seem to have a very good customer service policy if you call them up and chat with them regarding potential problems. Come out to any national drift event across the country and you will find at least one or two SPEC employees ready and willing to chat with customers. They probably wouldn't put themselves out there and make themselves so openly available if they didn't want customers voicing their concerns.

Every clutch company I have ever heard of receives mixed reviews... I have personally had good and bad experiences with clutches in my drag racing and drifting days. I have never had a personal problem with SPEC clutches or flywheels and we have been using their products in a good number of local drift cars since 2001/2002.

It is important to select the correct clutch (stage, tq capacity, aggressiveness) and flywheel for your application, be 100% certain regarding proper installation, and 100% certain with regards to the proper break-in period. All of which can be found very easily by chatting with the manufacturer before placing an order.

Having said all of this... will the clutch hold up forever? Maybe, maybe not. Is it possible that you may receive a defective item? In the real world the answer is always yes. Will SPEC and NST work with you to help you out if you have a problem? I would think so.

Thank you for making an effort to look out for your fellow Yaris brothers, it is much appreciated by all parties. Good luck and have fun with all your projects!

Old 07-09-2009, 01:54 PM   #15
NonStopTuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenacarato View Post
just want everyone to know I have this Spec flywheel in my car. It made a big difference and I suggest it to everyone! the weight difference is crazy! I did my stage 2 clutch and flywheel on my garage floor with a jack and 2 jackstands....with a friends help of course. its not hard to do if you know what your doing.
Glad to hear it sir

Old 07-09-2009, 01:58 PM   #16
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
SPEC was offering a free clutch to anyone who sent in a video of themselves beating the holy hell out of their car.

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
Old 07-09-2009, 02:11 PM   #17
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

Drives: 15 STI
Send a message via AIM to mikenacarato
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
Spec has a pretty sad reputation among most of the forums I've seen. I don't know if that is due to improper installs or a faulty product (or a little of both) but if anyone has anything to add to make me and probably a few others feel better about Spec stuff, now would be the time.
ive heard this about the clutches, not flywheels though.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:28 PM   #18
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Thanks for the response Mr. Mike.
Closed Thread