Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-06-2008, 10:04 PM   #19
JnC

Drives: 00 VW Golf TDI
Thanks for the detailed post.

I'm in the Southeast. Greenville, SC is about an hour away, no problem.

When I try your tip with the 29603 zip code, I only see 1422, 1441, 1442, 1462, and Yaris Liftback. If I select Liftback, there is only 1 car, and not a Yaris S.

Are you seeing something differently? Thanks again for the hand holding. Cheers.
JnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:50 AM   #20
cabinfevrr

Drives: 2008 yaris 5door RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JnC View Post
I had a similar experience. I'm a n00b to Toyota but thus far as a potential customer, I cannot buy their product. Even if I want to.

I am looking for the 1431 model: Yaris Liftback S, 3-Dr., manual transmission

According to my local dealer, there are none in my region. According to toyota.com, there are none in my region nor my surrounding region. According to the online toyota.com chat, the only place where this is available is L.A.
you can't go into a dealer and order your car? I worked as a salesdick at my dealership when i ordered mine. Part of my job was ordering the vehicles customers wanted. I don't understand how dealers are telling people there are none in the region, when they have full power and authority to bring one in. when it comes time to taking money...
cabinfevrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:11 AM   #21
darthbauer
Not really here...

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue S hatchback
When I said that the people at the dealerships don't know anything about the cars I meant the salesmen. Most of the time I knew more about the cars at the dealership I worked at and all the other dealerships I have been to in all of socal (used to do nothing but dealer trades to many different dealerships) The guys that tend to know about the cars are sometimes the parts guys but if its a car that is rare then they usually don't know about it cause they have never had hands on experience with the car.

But if you guys are going by Toyota's website and think that the car does not exist because of it not being on there then your crazy. When I got my 08 S model it said that the car was not available in my area either but I still got it and without ordering it. In other words, call dealerships or go to them and look for the car. If the salesmen says that they don't make it like that then he doesn't know what he is talking about.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:16 PM   #22
Latka

Drives: 0x Yaris Hatchback
Found out today that I *can* get the 2 door hatchback in "S" trim level with the 5MT. There's *one* on the way, and it's not the color we want, so we'll probably have to order it and wait like 3 months. Unfortunately, Toyota in Hawaii (Servco) is not connected to Toyota USA, so they do things a little differently.
Latka is offline   Reply With Quote