Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2016, 09:45 AM   #1
MugenRep
iQ innovator & researcher

Drives: 2012 iQ
Too dumb for a Smart car, but needed a little iQ. Yaris chassis appicable?

Since the Yaris and iQ share some chassis items and occasionally the 1NR-FE in other parts of the world, not to mention I prefer forums over "Facebook Groups", I wanted to share my iQ with the only community that seems to be Function > Form that i've found with a somewhat shared chassis/suspension.

This is my second ownership of a Toyota product, back when I met my wife I was driving a stock SC400 (which was nice, but hated the gas mileage and lack of room), but having learned how to drive on Toyotas from my father who's compnay cars always were Camrys staring in 1995 until he retired in 2008. I picked up the iQ after WE had a discussion about my current car (at the time a MKIV R32) having only been a manual and my wife not knowing how to drive manual and not wanting to learn. We decided on something that would reasonable gas mileage, she could drive, and I would enjoy since I was no longer permitted a "project car". After test driving a Versa, Fit, Sonic, Yaris, Mazda2, along with a few other cars.

So far I've learned alot here reading through the suspension sub-section about the rear twist beam and the front MacPherson sturt design and i've also learned alot through experience about 78.8" wheelbase cars and handling since I picked it up.

So far what i've added on or have picked up are as follow....

-15x7 Volk TE37 et35
-205/50/15 Yokohama Neo Advan
-drop in K&N filter and gutted front airbox
-diy rear sway bar (see pic for EXAMPLE below)
-Napa front camber bolts run to -1.75 camber, 0 toe
-Moog rear shims run to -0.5 camber, 0 toe
-Tein H-Tech springs (1.4" drop front, 1.6" drop rear)
-old beat up Bride Zeta 2 shell with bad rehopolstery (iQ seats are HORRIBLE laterally supportive and sit up too high for me, I'm 6'4" 245 lbs)
-Razo Formula pedals
-Razo 320mm broadway mirror
-1ZZ throttle body (this will be fun to get to work....)
-StopTech ST40 big brake kit (from an old project, eventually will be added to the iQ with some Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 wheels)

I appreciate any input, positive or negative (I can always learn something new). Thank you for looking and your time!
Attached Images

MugenRep is offline   Reply With Quote