Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2015, 10:08 AM   #31
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
Really? Never heard of that.

I don't buy it. Torque would be measured by the resistance between contact surfaces, not how slippery the threads are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The lubrication of the anti-seize reduces friction between surfaces of the threads and changes the torque. The exact same way oil inside the engine reduces friction between rotating parts. IDK about the 10% thing but usually if a torque rating doesn't call for lubrication, don't lube it.

Even with that said I only apply the smallest amount of grease to the threads so they don't rust on wheel stud. Anti-seize as I found from personal experience can drastically change the torque rating.

But on spark plugs, they aren't torqued, they are set to usually an amount of rotation to compress the gasket.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote