Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-15-2006, 04:48 PM   #19
GabL
I want JDM bumpers!

Drives: 5 Dr Yaris RS in Blazing Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by why?
The stickers are made up by the national branch of Toyota. They decide the MSRP.

I think by markup he means invoice price to MSRP.
YES.
GabL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 05:07 PM   #20
foober

Drives: two yaris liftbacks
Thanks , I hope its left up to the branch office. Then I can maybe get a fair price.
foober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:49 PM   #21
GabL
I want JDM bumpers!

Drives: 5 Dr Yaris RS in Blazing Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by foober
Thanks , I hope its left up to the branch office. Then I can maybe get a fair price.
Well, dealers might sell the vehicle less than MSRP, or even higher! It all depends how you bargain with them. There is a guy in this forum able to knock off $1500 for a Yaris RS with Pkg B auto in Toronto in this forum...
GabL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 11:43 PM   #22
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabL
Well, dealers might sell the vehicle less than MSRP, or even higher! It all depends how you bargain with them. There is a guy in this forum able to knock off $1500 for a Yaris RS with Pkg B auto in Toronto in this forum...
If I remember correctly, that member bought a 06 car. Had he enquired about 07 models, he might not have been able to get such a big discount. Nevertheless, I still envy his success.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 03:13 AM   #23
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Drives: Yaris RS 5DR / Vitz RS wannabe
This is sort of an off-topic reply/question to the Canadian Yaris owners here...

When you purchased your Yaris, and the dealer informed you that you had to wait for the vehicle, did you have to pay for the entire cost of the vehicle (provided that you were going to pay the total cost immediately) before finalizing the sale?

The reason I ask is, I am almost certain I will be purchasing a Yaris in July or August of this year, and I intend to purchase it entirely; no lease or financing.

But my concern is, do I need to pay the total cost to have Toyota commit to ordering my Yaris.

What I'm basically trying to do is ensure that I will *have* my Yaris in July/August instead of going to purchase one at that time and end up waiting a month or two for it to be ready for me
bigsky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 07:21 AM   #24
jcove

Drives: 2011 Rogue
I received a little off (can't remember the exact, but I think it was between 500 - 1,000), plus I was able to get 3 free oil changes. I felt it was a fair deal, so even though i may have been able to get better, I was happy with what I got. Most dealers were not willing to budge, but I bought mine back in November so that could be one thing. If you're leasing or buying through Toyota credit(not sure of the actual name) they should be able to give you a better interest rate, which will save you some money, but that's only if you were going through them to start with. Most banks will give you a better rate I think.

My dealer, Ken Shaw, in Toronto was great. They had a new Toyota car owner night that they give us a full tour of the dealer ship and we received a free paint repair marker just for showing up. After the tour they split us up into different groups, depending on what car you purchased and gave us a quick run down on where things were. It was very interesting and most people learned a lot. I have to admit, I didn't really pay attention before that, to see where the jack is. It's under the driver seat.
jcove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 09:15 AM   #25
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsky2
This is sort of an off-topic reply/question to the Canadian Yaris owners here...

When you purchased your Yaris, and the dealer informed you that you had to wait for the vehicle, did you have to pay for the entire cost of the vehicle (provided that you were going to pay the total cost immediately) before finalizing the sale?

The reason I ask is, I am almost certain I will be purchasing a Yaris in July or August of this year, and I intend to purchase it entirely; no lease or financing.

But my concern is, do I need to pay the total cost to have Toyota commit to ordering my Yaris.

What I'm basically trying to do is ensure that I will *have* my Yaris in July/August instead of going to purchase one at that time and end up waiting a month or two for it to be ready for me

Most dealers only require a deposit to order a vehicle for you. Usually it is around $1000.

Remember, if you want it, chances are someone else will buy it if you don't.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 05:19 PM   #26
kumquat

Drives: 2007 Copper Orange Yaris LE
In mid-February, I put down a $500 deposit for my Yaris that should be arriving mid- to late March. I'm going to be leasing - I don't know if it would be different if you were to buy.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:39 PM   #27
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcove
I received a little off (can't remember the exact, but I think it was between 500 - 1,000), plus I was able to get 3 free oil changes. I felt it was a fair deal, so even though i may have been able to get better, I was happy with what I got. Most dealers were not willing to budge, but I bought mine back in November so that could be one thing. If you're leasing or buying through Toyota credit(not sure of the actual name) they should be able to give you a better interest rate, which will save you some money, but that's only if you were going through them to start with. Most banks will give you a better rate I think.

My dealer, Ken Shaw, in Toronto was great. They had a new Toyota car owner night that they give us a full tour of the dealer ship and we received a free paint repair marker just for showing up. After the tour they split us up into different groups, depending on what car you purchased and gave us a quick run down on where things were. It was very interesting and most people learned a lot. I have to admit, I didn't really pay attention before that, to see where the jack is. It's under the driver seat.
You have chosen a good dealership. I bought my Yaris in B.C. in late 2004. I had only one free oil change coupon and nothing else. I am really interested in knowing how good your paint repair marker is.

Regarding the $1,000 deposit, I remember I was told at the time of paying that it was refundable if later I chose not to buy because you know what, Toyota was never worried about selling the car that I did not want.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:53 PM   #28
LAHAL

Drives: 07 Yaris RS B package Manuel
Sup guys, you know i could be totally wrong, but i think over half the people in this forum come from western canada, mostly alberta and bc, wonder why.

Could it be the the car get off in vancouver and are sold out by the time they hit calgary, haha.

Anyways, always a pleasure,

where is everyone from, Calgary here
LAHAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:58 AM   #29
jcove

Drives: 2011 Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAHAL
Sup guys, you know i could be totally wrong, but i think over half the people in this forum come from western canada, mostly alberta and bc, wonder why.

Could it be the the car get off in vancouver and are sold out by the time they hit calgary, haha.

Brampton, Ontario
jcove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:53 PM   #30
Ziv
It's all about VVTI

Drives: Yaris 5Dr LE White
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcove
Brampton, Ontario
Toronto, Ontario
Old 03-02-2006, 02:08 PM   #31
john

Drives: 06 yaris 3 door, Copper Orange
Caledonia Ontario
john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 05:32 PM   #32
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAHAL

Vancouver, BC
Home of the 2010 Winter Olympics
Old 03-02-2006, 05:37 PM   #33
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

OK, so I spoke to a dealer in Richmond and Burnaby (Vancouver suburbs) and they advised that if a 2006 model of my liking is not available, then a 2007 model will be produced at the factory level. In fact he said most vehicles being sold now are 2007's, because most of the 2006 models imported for 'off the lot' sales have gone very fast!

I explained to them that I wanted to have my Yaris ready by about Mid July to August, and they informed me that it would be best to place an order in May or June. One sales person explained to me that orders placed in May are typically manufactured in June, and the transit time from factory to Vancouver is about 18-21 days (which is correct since I import goods on full container loads from China and it takes about that amount of time from China CY to Vancouver CY).

He went on to explain that to secure that vehicle, I would have to place a deposit of $1000 dollars with Toyota. Furthermore, he explained that I could even defer receipt or delivery of the vehicle should the vehicle be ready earlier than August (or your desired date).

Now my question is, since I intend to purchase the vehicle using a one time cash payment, do I have an leverage in asking for extras or accessories with the vehicle?
Old 03-02-2006, 06:28 PM   #34
celica girl

Drives: '00 Celica, '07 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsky2
OK, so I spoke to a dealer in Richmond and Burnaby (Vancouver suburbs) and they advised that if a 2006 model of my liking is not available, then a 2007 model will be produced at the factory level. In fact he said most vehicles being sold now are 2007's, because most of the 2006 models imported for 'off the lot' sales have gone very fast!

I explained to them that I wanted to have my Yaris ready by about Mid July to August, and they informed me that it would be best to place an order in May or June. One sales person explained to me that orders placed in May are typically manufactured in June, and the transit time from factory to Vancouver is about 18-21 days (which is correct since I import goods on full container loads from China and it takes about that amount of time from China CY to Vancouver CY).

He went on to explain that to secure that vehicle, I would have to place a deposit of $1000 dollars with Toyota. Furthermore, he explained that I could even defer receipt or delivery of the vehicle should the vehicle be ready earlier than August (or your desired date).

Now my question is, since I intend to purchase the vehicle using a one time cash payment, do I have an leverage in asking for extras or accessories with the vehicle?

I don't see why not... money is money. I am getting my own financing for my Yaris and I was able to negotiate for a few extras. Including lifetime free oil changes. :)
celica girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:41 PM   #35
LAHAL

Drives: 07 Yaris RS B package Manuel
So good news, bad news and good news.

Good news, is that i went into the dealership today to get them to match my financing of 5.4%@60 that i put in mid jan, to the new 3.9%@60 that they have on right now for Toyota Red Tag days.

Now the bad news, the Yaris with 6 disk CD changer, (standard on the RS) can not have the dealer installed iPod connector. It just doesn't work with the cd changer, the dealer said. So sadly, i longer have an iPod connector in my Yaris.

Good news, dealer said that he car was in transit, some where over the pacific ocean, and once the car hits vancouver, it gets put on a train, and 1 day later i have my NEW Yaris. EXCITING
LAHAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:35 PM   #36
kumquat

Drives: 2007 Copper Orange Yaris LE
I wonder if this is the shipment of 2007s that is supposed to arrive after March 15. I hope my Yaris is on that boat! LAHAL, did your dealer give you a date when the shipment would be arriving in Vancouver?
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote