Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2007, 05:30 PM   #1
BailOut
Steals terrorist's lunch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Unhappy My driver's door was creamed by a Corolla

On my way to pick up the wife for lunch today I got hit as I turned left onto a side street while another fellow in a 2001 Corolla was turning left out of that street onto the road I was on.

Basically, while sitting at his stop sign he saw me coming, with my blinker on, and made eye contact with me as I came to a stop in the intersection, a little ahead of this fellow as he was already out into the intersection a bit (it's hard to see to the north from this intersection as there is a heavy tree line there), to allow an on oncoming vehicle to pass. Somehow, even after making eye contact with him he forgot I was there.

After the truck passed I began my left turn and caught movement where I expected none in my peripheral vision. I looked left and saw him approaching at about 15 MPH, but with his head turned to the right. He never let off the throttle as he plowed into my door.

As you can see, my door is creamed. Along with the obvious divots it's got a vertical crease with missing paint behind the handle and it is bowed out about 3cm on top. It still functions fine, though.

His car doesn't show much but some deep scratches on his front left bumper (seen in the last picture). His positioning in this little collision definitely had the advantage.

He was cited for "failure to yield the right of way" by the Deputy that came to make the report. I have opened a claim with his insurance company and will attempt to reach a resolution through them.
Attached Images

Share the Road

I often carry 2 carpool passengers and mountain bikes
or snowboards/skis over a 4,500 foot elevation difference.
Click the graphic above to see my detailed mileage logs.

Last edited by BailOut; 07-13-2007 at 05:56 PM.
BailOut is offline   Reply With Quote