Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-29-2010, 04:03 PM   #37
wooverstone8

Drives: 2017 VW Jetta 1.4L Manual
I purchase my Yaris from the dealer stock about this time last year. When I went into the Toyota dealership to buy my yaris--they had 32 yaris to choose from.
wooverstone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:25 PM   #38
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabagooo View Post
I was wondering how may of us have special ordered the Yaris or purchased their car from dealer stock. We bought our 3-Door LB on October 23 (I traded my 2006 Civic LX, which I wasn't fond of) from dealer stock. At the time they had two LBs and two, four doors models on the lot. They now have several including the cars which were on the lot when I bought mine. The dealer told me that sales of the Yaris and Prius (they have six) had slowed way down when gas prices fell. Sales of truck and SUVs had jumped (people have short memories). I have been reading about people waiting for their cars delivered in January - are the cars in short supply in your area?
I walked in... test drove a 3dr.... told them what I wanted, said they didn't have one... they then said they could get one by the end of the day. Did some arguing over price... waited an hr, and they drove it to me from a lot about 14 miles away. They wouldn't tell me where it was coming from, so I had no clue if it was 2-3hrs away, or ten minutes. Turns out it was about 20 minutes away. I almost walked away from the place, due to a price issue... but I really wanted to drive away in a new car that day. I'm not big on spending much time in stores... I had already done the homework on the net, I knew I was going to get a yaris, it was just a matter of what options with it, and how much I would pay.

When I went in to buy it, they only had a few hatches... most of them were autos... most were base, or with very few options... They didn't have the color I wanted in the package I wanted on hand. Sure, I proabably spent a hundred or so more since they got it from another lot... but it was a relatively painless venture, and it was the one expensive item i've ever bought that i've never had any kind of remorse about buying. I'd buy another yaris in a heatbeat... tho I wouldn't get the extended warranty.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:13 PM   #39
bnther36

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan
I was able to rent one for a week (I highly recommend that with any car purchase) so I was fairly confident that I would like the car. After that,I went online and found exactly what I needed at Carmax. I bought 2 one-way plane tickets for me and my wife, flew to the Baltimore dealership and drove the car back to Michigan. Even with the plane tickets and gas, I saved almost $1000 and got the exact car I wanted, versus going through my local dealer or buying what they had.

On a personal note, I made it a point to drive through the local dealership with my new car and waved to the salesman that had been jerking me around. It's all about the little things
bnther36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:04 PM   #40
b_hickman11

Drives: 08 Sedan
there is no such thing as a special order......
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:28 PM   #41
Ranger SVO

Drives: 2010 Yaris
From dealer stock. My wife wanted a blue one, but then she saw this one with the dark tinted windows and bought it.

Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.
Giordano Bruno
Ranger SVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:29 PM   #42
stouffer

Drives: Yaris SR 1.33 - 3 Door
Ordered mine last January built in April shipped to the UK and picked it up in May, special order with the VSC & TR. Well worth the 5 month wait
stouffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:34 PM   #43
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger SVO View Post
From dealer stock. My wife wanted a blue one, but then she saw this one with the dark tinted windows and bought it.

You got the perfect color!
Old 01-31-2010, 07:48 PM   #44
GeneralDon7

Drives: Yaris Sedan
I actually researched the yaris 6 months before finally deciding to go to the lot, I built one on there website, printed it out and went to the dealer. I test drove one that was similar to the one i wanted, only difference was light interior. The dealer at the time had about 7 of both LB and Sedan. I wanted the dark interior so I asked where it was, turned out the closest one was in Michigan. So i decided to bite the bullet, and was offered 1500 to take the one on the lot. Havnet been happier since
GeneralDon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:33 PM   #45
PaddyMac

Drives: 09 Yaris
Mine was the showroom car
PaddyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:22 PM   #46
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
online pics at showroom of dealer . The BLAZING BLUE looks even better under the lighting of the showroom . Ony had 4 mis. on it at the time . Another plus .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:40 AM   #47
RHDVIPbB
Right beside you, wave

Drives: 08 PBM Yaris Sedan
I went looking for another Scion, but they didn't have any 1st gen xB. Looked at a Yaris hatch. Dealer had 3, but were already spoken for. Said they had a sedan. We couldn't find it (was in the detailing bay) and I said I would take it since it was blue. I didn't even know what the sedan looked like at the time. Haven't been dissappointed since I got it. I love it

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan. Pacific Blue Mica. Custom vinyl eyebrows, color matched interior trim pieces, Vios lip spoiler, 17" Maas rims

2010 Scion xB 7.0 Release Series. 1535 of 2000. Murasaki. Stock with TRD springs.
RHDVIPbB is offline   Reply With Quote