Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-19-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
High Resolution Pictures from one of the "Heart Up Vitz!" Launch events

Old 01-19-2011, 10:47 PM   #2
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Great pics! Nice to see it in live context. BTW, lovin' the new gauges!
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:55 PM   #3
big lo

Drives: 2007 VIOS
Nice pics bro
big lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:58 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

The more pics I see, the more the 12 is growing on me. I would take the green 4WD one in a heartbeat.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:04 PM   #5
Kal-El

I can't believe Japan gets a 4WD option. Remarkable.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:26 PM   #6
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Nice looking!! The car too

I'd take the green too, its my fav color.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:53 AM   #7
wooverstone8

Drives: 2017 VW Jetta 1.4L Manual
I wonder if we'll get the paddle-shifter option.
wooverstone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:35 AM   #8
BluYrs
ヴィッツ ドライバー

Drives: 2006 3d 1.0 Linea Sol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
I can't believe Japan gets a 4WD option. Remarkable.
They get a 4WD version of the current one as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooverstone8 View Post
I wonder if we'll get the paddle-shifter option.
The paddle-shifter comes with the MultiMode-gearbox. This is an option for the rest of the world, when they want an automatic on their Yarii. It is generally considered a "poor man's" alternative to a "real" automatic. The MM is essentially an electrically-operated manual transmission using electric motors and an electronically-operated clutch to provide either automatic or sequential gear changes.

I had the chance of driving an MM-equipped Auris the other day and it was a weird experience. For relaxed driving, it's comfortable, but the gearchanges and reaction of the gearbox take too much time for any spirited driving, even when opting for changing the gears "manually" (via the paddles or by moving the gearstick forwards-backwards). The paddles thus seem highly inappropriate as they give the air of driver-oriented driving dynamics, which simply is not there.

The blue one
BluYrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:29 PM   #9
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
love that green color.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:24 PM   #10
Vioz

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Vioz
I'm sold!!! Can't wait until its over here in the states, and nice that the dash is in the normal spot, 12 looks more like its part of the scion family truthfully.

Vioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:24 PM   #11
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
I heart booth-babes. And I too would take that green one in a heartbeat.

(with the cool looking touch screen radio over the old crappy looking one )
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:28 PM   #12
devinlamothe

Drives: '07 Yaris HB
Am I the only one who absolutely hates the interior redesign? I can't for the life of me understand why they got rid of the center console speedometer. That was one of my favourite features and to see it go, well ... let's just say I would not be getting one of these anytime soon. :P
devinlamothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:40 PM   #13
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinlamothe View Post
Am I the only one who absolutely hates the interior redesign? I can't for the life of me understand why they got rid of the center console speedometer. That was one of my favourite features and to see it go, well ... let's just say I would not be getting one of these anytime soon. :P
The center cluster has been one of the Yaris' worst marketing challenges, but I personally find not having to look over or under the steering wheel to be a huge plus. Losing the center cluster isn't a show stopper for me, but it is a huge disappointment.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:40 PM   #14
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluYrs View Post
They get a 4WD version of the current one as well...

The paddle-shifter comes with the MultiMode-gearbox. This is an option for the rest of the world, when they want an automatic on their Yarii. It is generally considered a "poor man's" alternative to a "real" automatic. The MM is essentially an electrically-operated manual transmission using electric motors and an electronically-operated clutch to provide either automatic or sequential gear changes.

I had the chance of driving an MM-equipped Auris the other day and it was a weird experience. For relaxed driving, it's comfortable, but the gearchanges and reaction of the gearbox take too much time for any spirited driving, even when opting for changing the gears "manually" (via the paddles or by moving the gearstick forwards-backwards). The paddles thus seem highly inappropriate as they give the air of driver-oriented driving dynamics, which simply is not there.
Every carmaker has their versions. Some good, some not so good. I think because its an econo car they might not put too much into it. Remember its about costs. That's my guess. But also like what I said before, some do it better than others but being an econo car I wouldn't expect it to be somewhat sporty, especially in a Toyota.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:16 PM   #15
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
Really looking forward to finally seeing these in the flesh.
I'd love to see an undercarriage pic of the 4X4 version....

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:11 PM   #16
Kal-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinlamothe View Post
If the current generation Yaris had conventional gauges, Toyota would have likely sold over 50% more Yaris's than they have bringing it in line with Versa sales. The Yaris is clearly the better car yet the Versa has sold far more.

Other forums and review sites I read discussing the Yaris always discredit the Yaris for its center gauges. Most buyers in the segment say the gauges was the immediate deal breaker.

That said, I also like the center gauges and really have no personal preference. In fairness, most owners like them after a short time after buying. It's what you get used to.

Toyota made the absolute right choice in making the gauges conventional. Now it won't be the only reason people skip the Yaris for consideration.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:28 PM   #17
Truchito86
Truchito86

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan
I for one am glad that the gauges are now where they should be. I can't believe that it's still only a four lug, but i hope they offer a 4-wheel disc brake setup this time around, at the very least include it with the S. I do like the re-design, it's modernizing but still stays true to the spirit of the car. I can't wait until the sedan shows up though! Oh and 1+ on the new full screen stereo setup inside.
Truchito86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:05 PM   #18
roxy1

Drives: 2014 yaris 5 speed
cant believe this is gonna come out of my mouth, but here goes: i was just looking at the chevy sonic, and i prefer it inside and out, asthetically speaking only.
roxy1 is offline   Reply With Quote