Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-24-2007, 12:14 PM   #1
Galavoxx

Drives: Yaris Hatch
Bump Stop kits now available....

For those of you who really want to top off your lowered Yaris with that extra little cherry, Fat Cat Motorsports is now offering easy-to-install bump stop kits.

The owner's name is Shaikh and he is a great guy. Customer service is awesome and more importantly, so is the product.

Bump stops are a big part of a suspension system that many people neglect. So if your at all curious or maybe just wondering if these will improve ride quality or make your car fly, you should probably contact Fat Cat. That's my spiel.

Here's the link:

http://fatcatmotorsports.com/FCMstops_Yaris.htm
Galavoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:35 PM   #2
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
nice find
Old 04-24-2007, 12:50 PM   #3
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
yeah, nice

Old 04-24-2007, 12:56 PM   #4
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
damn, thats a lot of money for just that...
IM waiting for DHL to delivery my springs today..

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:58 PM   #5
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

well, yeah

20 bucks a corner plus 8 dollars shipping, I wonder what toyota charges for bump stops?
Old 04-24-2007, 01:00 PM   #6
Blenjar

sparktoyota guy told me they cut it when tehy install the springs..:

"Okay, when installing lowering springs on Struts, you cut the bump stop the same amount that you're lowering the car and in this case I believe that's going to be 1.2" so we're talking about 6/10's of one inch."

-- Blen
Old 04-24-2007, 01:17 PM   #7
Blenjar

haha i just chased down a fedex truck that was driving down my street...he didnt have my shit..wtf!
I guess another one is coming.

-- Blen
Old 04-24-2007, 01:32 PM   #8
PetersRedYaris

Drives: 2005 Scion xB
Bumpstops are bumpstops, they all do the same thing unless your dealing with long travel off-road suspension and air-bumps, etc.. Why pay money to replace foam bumpstops with another foam bumpstop? Sure, they are different length, but if you can cut a nice square 90 degree angle, yours can be a different length too. I don't mean to be negative but save your money.
PetersRedYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:56 PM   #9
Galavoxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetersRedYaris View Post
Bumpstops are bumpstops, they all do the same thing unless your dealing with long travel off-road suspension and air-bumps, etc.. Why pay money to replace foam bumpstops with another foam bumpstop? Sure, they are different length, but if you can cut a nice square 90 degree angle, yours can be a different length too. I don't mean to be negative but save your money.
I don't claim to know much about these but I do know that what you just said is not true. Not all bump stops do the same thing. They are not just for "long-travel" setups and they are not just meant to prevent the shock from bottoming out. Just like any shock absorber/spring setup, which is what a bump stop really is: a very basic shock absorber; a bump stop can be firm or soft, linear or progressive. FYI, the stock Yaris bump stops are a progressive type. You can cut them but depending how much, you will lose it's original spring and progression rate. Of course cutting will prevent the shock from slamming into the top hat but it wont help your suspension perform it's best when maxx'd out. This is why I contacted fat cat. I wanted my car to handle as best as it can. Bump stops are a part of the equation when making this happen. Read up about it on his site or call him. He knows more than I do.

Also, you can get away with just the front setup. The rear is for those who want to go that extra inch.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:44 PM   #10
RShatchback

Drives: 07 yaris liftback
It says that they help regain smoothness and ride quality - but I have the tanabe Df's and I dont find anything super harsh enough about the ride with my cut bump stops to warrant spending any money on something like that. I guess if you were overly picky....
RShatchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:02 PM   #11
Galavoxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by RShatchback View Post
It says that they help regain smoothness and ride quality - but I have the tanabe Df's and I dont find anything super harsh enough about the ride with my cut bump stops to warrant spending any money on something like that. I guess if you were overly picky....
smoothness and ride quality when you're using the suspension at it's max.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:13 PM   #12
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

I think I'm going to grab a set of these before I re-do my set up. Convenience is great. I hate to hack up my bump stops and not have them around if I wanted stock later for some reason.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:35 AM   #13
PetersRedYaris

Drives: 2005 Scion xB
Quote:
Originally Posted by RShatchback View Post
Exactly. They say they eliminate the sharp impact on bottoming out your suspension. What sharp impact? I guess I've never bottomed on my NF210's.

Edit: Ok galavoxx, I read your origional bump stop post. I see why you need and want them. I don't have your issue of harsh bottoming out. This is why I say save your money to all those like myself who will see no benefit from these.
PetersRedYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:51 AM   #14
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

My bump stops are not cut and I have never had any issues anyway.