Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Southeast
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-27-2009, 08:24 PM   #1
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
MSCC auto x

Ok, now that im in front of a computer I can redo the whole post...

Well, MSCC is the Martin Sports Car Club, which is a group of car nuts that go out and track their cars once a month, just like the SCCA. The offer both Autocross (Solo), and Mini-Prix events for people to track their cars. Although the club is focused primarly on autocross.

They offer classing to make it a bit more structured, but its very similar to that of the SCCA. Stock classes, STS type classing, and so on. Best thing I have found yet, they offer NOVICE classing for anyone who has less than 3 races under their belt.

They do have 2 locations that I know of at this point in which they track at, one being the Lake County Technical Center, which I believe is a private track in which they have been able to gain access to, the other being the Gainesville Raceway. They also are trying to setup events with CFRC (Central Florida Road Course) to try and add to the variety of where the race.

The costs are fairly cheap, Registration is $25 So for less than a movie ticket, popcorn, and a drink and your good for a whole day of fun...

More info at: http://www.martinsportscarclub.net/home

I am posting this to try and get the options out there for people in the Central Florida area to go and track, SCCA, CFRC, and now MSCC. We have the options, just wish more people would take the chance and go, once you do it. You will be hooked.

I am going to check them out hopefully in their March event and see what its all about, then try and prepare the car to get running for the April or July event. Only 1 more suspension item to buy before I hit the cones.

Last edited by Sabretooth; 02-28-2009 at 07:42 AM.
Sabretooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:45 AM   #2
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
Redid thread, new info and revised info.

Also seems the site I was on last night was shut down, so I gathered info from their new site.

Last edited by Sabretooth; 02-28-2009 at 07:56 AM.
Sabretooth is offline   Reply With Quote