Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-13-2010, 08:11 PM   #55
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Drives: 2010 1E7 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Send a message via MSN to .Kevin.
Mount a gun that comes out of the trunk and you can use it through the back seats being lowered you have your own little tank while someone drives lol
Old 10-13-2010, 08:21 PM   #56
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisj View Post
My personal Gun Law is simple, and I think that many people with guns in their homes probably feel similarly. I have guns in my home for protection. I'm not rowdy and go outside and start shootin' (although some do here in South Jesus), but I do want to be prepared if some shit goes down.

The very last thing I want to be is some anti-gun person whose home gets broken into and his head shot off...all without even having anything to fight back with. If I go down, it will be with guns a' blazin'! :)
so am i to assume you think everyone who owns a gun CAN'T also have their head shot off by someone breaking in? Is that not also a possibility?

also is a gun the absolute one and only thing that people can defend themselves with? maybe an alarm system. or a dog to help prevent someone from entering your home in the first place. motion sensor lights perhaps.

plus, are ya'll just keeping the gun on your bed side table? that seems like a very paranoid way to go through life.

I crush you like tiny clown car, because you are clown, yes?
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:30 PM   #57
LA Yaris
Yaris323

Drives: 09 Sedan Yaris 06 Ford Mustang
For all you guys
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 331[1].jpg (87.9 KB, 31 views)
LA Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:19 PM   #58
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
"Why?" I didn't say that the right to bear(or is it bare) arms should be abolished, but simply revised and adapted to the times we live in. What i was trying to say is that there should be clear and logically structured laws that would be easier to interpret and abide to. I understand where you are coming from and you are right everyone should feel safe in their own home , but americans tend to go overboard with their weapons, my cousin's friend from Boston, has a small arsenal in his basement, i mean you can equip the Canadian military and still have stuff left over from his "toy box".Some people should not be allowed to exercise their right to bare arms. And as for the criminals you are talking about , it is the governments fault for being soft on them and letting them play the system whether they are white collar blue collar or no collar , murders,rapist , etc.

Don't get me wrong I love the fact that Americans can be somewhat "really" free, but with freedom comes responsibility and wisdom, and unfortunately not everyone has either of these qualities.
I agree there are too many rules, and they've all been mucked up. Frankly, the 2nd amendment is a federal right, therefor no state or local government should legally be able to restrict it.

In my mind, any civilian should be able to use any weapon not in current service by the US military, unless that person has committed a felony, of which any crime with a gun is.

There is nothing wrong with having an arsenal that most countries cannot match. in fact, I think it is a good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frownonfun View Post
the violence on the border has a lot more to do with our dumbass war on drugs than it does people's lack of arms.

also how does being anti gun equate being helpless. would you also consider all the civilizations before the firearm was invented, helpless?
You do have a point about the foolish war on drugs, but that is only part of the insanity down there.

And while anti-gun does not go hand in hand with being helpless, ones attitude on guns usually changes when facing the business end of one. Very few people who are so hateful of guns are willing to advertise said fact while also saying where they live. Proving they simply are cowards, because they know guns are used to protect them.

Quote:
so am i to assume you think everyone who owns a gun CAN'T also have their head shot off by someone breaking in? Is that not also a possibility?

also is a gun the absolute one and only thing that people can defend themselves with? maybe an alarm system. or a dog to help prevent someone from entering your home in the first place. motion sensor lights perhaps.

plus, are ya'll just keeping the gun on your bed side table? that seems like a very paranoid way to go through life.
I agree, my favorite defense would be a nuke. Break in and you will cause the death of all life within a 60 mile radius. That sounds like a good defense to me.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:15 AM   #59
chrisj
Hooch Brewer-Shine Sipper

Drives: 2009 5-dr LB
Quote:

Actually, I think it a way more comforting way of life. I carry a gun in my car too, and won't drive anywhere without it. It's for peace of mind more than anything else.

Sure, there are different and more humane ways to deal with someone trying to get into your home, but let's say the alarm sounded one night because someone was trying to get in. There would be no peace of mind for me because I would be up every night from then on trying to make sure nothing happened. Sure I'm paranoid, but so are all the people with Pit Bulls, alarm systems, or baseball bats by the front door. I picked the most likely means of getting out of a situation alive. The dog could be shot itself, the cops could take forever to get to me (once we called them because we heard 3 shots outside at 3 a.m. They showed up at 7), or someone could just take my ball bat and beat the shit out of me with it. Same reason I wouldn't consider a knife to be adequate protection. Too close. With a gun you can stand back and take your shot...or shots.

I think it's great to let everyone in your neighborhood know you are armed and maybe even a little crazy. That keeps the assholes off the doorstep and neighborhood spats at bay. I mean, who wants to deal with the crazy f*cker down the road who has guns? :)

I hope to never have to be in a situation like that, where a gun would even be needed. But I also believe in live and let live, and if I'm not bothering you, you sure the hell had better not bother me. If you do, you deserve anything you get.

I don't give one rat's ass about the politics of gun toting or wars or any of that. All I care about is how things affect me and my family...right now. I will take precautions in whatever way I feel is best. Hell, if everyone would be nice, I wouldn't even need a gun!
Old 10-14-2010, 12:27 AM   #60
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
If your friend in Boston has a bigger arsenal than the Canadian military, maybe they need to take some notes.

You NEVER EVER want to get into a fight unless absolutely necessary. You always run because you don't know what the other person knows or is carrying. I've been doing FMA for quite a while so I feel pretty comfortable with a karambit if I am ever life or death forced to resort to it...this is what I carry

I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:46 AM   #61
chrisj

^ Sweet.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:09 AM   #62
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
Hm? Another lesson the US has trouble with is that any invaded country, including Canada, will resist an occupying force, any way it can. The US has had invasion plans for Canada for many decades (not the least of which is "Code Red" from 1931), and has many times been grouped near the 49th Parallel, just in case things here don't go "properly".

Unfortunately, Canada has a Bushite Prime Minister at the moment, and our role as Peacekeepers has been replaced by aggressive policies, hence our stupid purchase of those F35s. Canada long ago proved its ability to develop and build offensive fighters (some see them in a "defensive" role, haw haw), and after we proved that, we went to what Canadians like to do, build transport aircraft, capable of delivering goods and materiel into remote places... like Northern Canada... and we do that as well as anyone. This suits Canadians.

Like I said, the most likely invader of Canada is the US; no one else is really interested.
TLyttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:41 AM   #63
LA Yaris
Yaris323

Drives: 09 Sedan Yaris 06 Ford Mustang
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mountie[1].jpg (162.3 KB, 26 views)
LA Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:23 AM   #64
TEHxFALLEN V1.2
Banned

Drives: '08 Lexus IS-F
Send a message via AIM to TEHxFALLEN V1.2
You have the right to freedom of speech.
You have the right to freedom of worship.
You have the right to freedom from want.
And you have the right to freedom from fear.

I alone have the fifth freedom, the right to do whatever it takes to ensure that your four freedoms are protected and preserved. I alone have full authority to spy, steal, destroy, and assassinate in order to protect America and her freedoms. I alone may go above the law, to protect the law. I commit brutality, to prevent brutality. I may kill, to protect the lives of many. I seek not to drive pleasure by inflicting violence upon others, but rather to dissuade enemies of our nation. I work alone, if captured or compromised, my country and president will disavow any knowledge of my existence and of the fifth freedom. This I understand.

I am Sam Fisher, I am the Splinter Cell.

Sponsored by: Micro Image
http://microimageonline.com
TEHxFALLEN V1.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:03 AM   #65
1stToyota

Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
If I'm ever invaded, if I'm able, I'll first ask the high school drop-out to lay his weapon down and we'll just use our fists...but I think it highly unlikely he'll want to part with his little friend, that's why I'll be using my .410 revolver, just to make sure it's a fair fight.

1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
1stToyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:09 AM   #66
chrisj

^ :)
Old 10-14-2010, 11:59 AM   #67
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
Exactly, I can fight physically, I can use a knife well, but never ever bring a knife to a gun fight. Unless you can block bullets with a katana, you're getting shot by someone else who has a gun. I have a locking cabinet setup for firearms or trigger locks, no way would i ever leave it under anyone elses supervision but my own that is just unsafe.
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:25 PM   #68
chrisj

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Yaris View Post
For all you guys
I need a decal like that.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:13 PM   #69
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroiter View Post
You NEVER EVER want to get into a fight unless absolutely necessary. You always run because you don't know what the other person knows or is carrying.
This. Which is why if you are in your home, you shoot with deadly force no matter what.

And if you are not, you do what you can to get away from a moron, knowing that if you are cornered you can beat the crap out of him if you must.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLyttle View Post
Hm? Another lesson the US has trouble with is that any invaded country, including Canada, will resist an occupying force, any way it can. The US has had invasion plans for Canada for many decades (not the least of which is "Code Red" from 1931), and has many times been grouped near the 49th Parallel, just in case things here don't go "properly".

Unfortunately, Canada has a Bushite Prime Minister at the moment, and our role as Peacekeepers has been replaced by aggressive policies, hence our stupid purchase of those F35s. Canada long ago proved its ability to develop and build offensive fighters (some see them in a "defensive" role, haw haw), and after we proved that, we went to what Canadians like to do, build transport aircraft, capable of delivering goods and materiel into remote places... like Northern Canada... and we do that as well as anyone. This suits Canadians.

Like I said, the most likely invader of Canada is the US; no one else is really interested.
The US has no need to invade canada. And Canada have very little need for crazy defenses since we will do pretty much anything to defend them.

However Quebec will always be a wild card.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:53 PM   #70
chrisj

When we go on any kind of trip, we always take a gun with us (it stays in the car). If somehow we are on the way and forget it, we turn around and go back to get it. At the moment we only have 1 gun in the car and we have 2 vehicles, so sometimes we forget to transfer it. It's like our toothbrush...we don't leave home without it.

Now, I'm not going to use the f*cker to go rob a gas station or some other sinister intent. We are law-abiding people who are nice and don't bother anyone. But everyone unfortunately doesn't share our "live and let live" philosophy, so we are prepared. Just like having a spare tire in the car...you may never use it...but you are prepared. I don't see things like that as Cowboy American, I just see it as smart living. I have excellent communication skills, but I sure won't be trying to "talk down" some dope fiend who has a knife or gun and wants my cash. If there were no freaks in the world I wouldn't have to be "prepared".

The other day I had some moron walk right up to my open car window and want money. That's the kind of shit I'm talking about. I told him to get the f*ck away from me, but you know, that idiot could have cut my throat before I had time to say jack. I don't ever count on anyone being as nice as I am. And generally I am correct.

There don't need to be gun laws in this country nearly as much as classes in manners. Act right and you won't get your shit splattered...that's my creed.

Have a good one.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:01 PM   #71
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
screw it..... this is how I roll

and don't mess with my 5'4" 100lbs wife either :)

Last edited by PK198105; 10-14-2010 at 08:03 PM. Reason: language Blackie ;o)
Black Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:06 PM   #72
chrisj

I need to put that on my wish list. A 12-gauge pump riot gun. Yes!