Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-09-2018, 09:59 PM   #1
SirDigby

Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door
Sprint Booster

so i purchased the Sprint Booster!

I bought it mainly for the throttle pedal lockout feature. i already have a 1zz throttle body and a golden eagle intake manifold, so i did not expect to get much out of it. i installed it when i got to work this morning, and i tested it on the way home. i changed settings sensitivity and the modes often.
during the high speed drive in-and-out lanes everything seems the same as without it being installed. i kinda felt disappointed. but later when driving after traffic, i really notice a difference in petal position and sensitivity during low pedal and low speed driving. it will take some time and adjustments to get it just right.
i'd say it's a great device for someone who wants some adjustment in pedal sensitivity and accelerating position of the pedal. it does seem to speed up throttle opening and there was not any dead spots in the pedal movement. i could see it being really effective on a vehicle with more power, especially the valet mode.

i will try to remember to give an update about product in a week or so...
i think i'm going to mount it next to the aux/passenger door lock switch. i'll take a picture maybe...
SirDigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 03:31 PM   #2
SirDigby

Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door

so i've had it in for a few days now. it's a pretty interesting device. i have the sport setting on level 3 and the race on... idk like 8 or something. i do not use the race, as it did not seem to act any different on this low powered car than the sport setting. i found i leave it off in the morning on the way to work, and i leave it on the sport mode after work. it does open the throttle faster, but with the lack of power it does not accelerate any faster. the big difference i found was in 5th gear and when climbing hills. you don't need to bury the pedal foe acceleration! it's pretty much wot at maybe 25-30% depressed. it's really nice!
there might be a real difference on a stock TB and manifold. the pedal lock out feature is a nice passive security device. (i'm sure the valet mode is nice for boosted cars) it makes 5th gear a lot more responsive.
i like it. i sleep a lot better knowing there is yet another passive device on my car. (i don't like alarms, i like disables) it is pretty expensive for what it is, ($279USD) but no one had reviewed one for a yaris, so someone had to buy one. (they are made in Greece)
SirDigby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
faster, sprint booster, throttle, throttle body