Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-02-2009, 11:59 AM   #1
adrew

Drives: '12 L 3-door 5-speed
Does the 2010 5-door/5-speed actually exist?

I could not find the 5-door/5-speed on any of the regional configurators, so I wrote Toyota. Below is my question and their response.

Has anyone actually seen this combination in real life?

Hi there,

I was excited to see that the Yaris 5-door will be available with a manual transmission for 2010. I tried a few regions on the configurator and it does not appear to actually be available (at least in my area). Is this just a glitch where the regional distributors aren't aware of this model yet, or is it just not available in my area?

If it is the latter, can you tell me the regions in which it is/will be available?

Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A.

We thank you for your interest in the 2010 Yaris and appreciate the opportunity to respond to your inquiry.

We apologize for the difficult time you have experienced while trying to locate a 2010 Yaris 5-door Liftback, with 5 speed manual transmission. The Build Your Toyota feature does not list the 2010 5-door Liftback with those options because it only lists mainstream models available in your particular region. The 5-speed manual transmission is only offered on limited amount of 5-door Yaris Liftbacks.

We recommend you contact the Customer Relations Manager at local Toyota dealership to assist you in locating this model. To locate a dealer near you, please visit http://www.Toyota.com/dealers.

We apologize as exact configuration cannot be guaranteed and may be subject to vehicle availability.
adrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:32 PM   #2
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Welcome to the forum!

Looks like it's a boilerplate letter, but they're telling you that yes, they do exist but you're gonna have to go through a dealer to locate one. kind of s*cks.

It's not just the Yaris. MT's are harder and harder to find , here too :/
Old 10-02-2009, 12:39 PM   #3
scape

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
i was under the impression that only outside the north american market does it exist.
scape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:51 PM   #4
adrew

Drives: '12 L 3-door 5-speed
Thanks. I was around here a little before the big crash. :)

Honestly, I don't think the dealers will be too much help. I tried to find a 3-door/5-speed with the PQ package last year (mainly to get the fold-flat rear seat) and each place I spoke to acted like it was some kind of mythical fairytale car that didn't exist and that no one would want.

I think they can't be bothered to spend much time searching for one since they don't make much money on the Yaris. I think my best bet may be to just find one I want on Autotrader and then go take a road trip. Or possibly just wait for the Ford Fiesta or Mazda2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scape View Post
i was under the impression that only outside the north american market does it exist.
It's real for 2010 — at least in theory. Whether you can find one remains to be seen.

adrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:19 PM   #5
Banned

Drives: '10 Yaris5drHB+99 4runner LTD
if you know you want one for sure...lay down the cake and a dealer will order one, fresh off the boat. takes a while though
127.0.0.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:11 PM   #6
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Yeah you can get one but its going to cost you more. There will be no bargaining. Expect to pay full sticker price if not more.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:04 PM   #7
donpalino

Drives: Yaris 2010 5Dr MT
Adrew,
I traded my old 2007 HB for a 2010 5Dr MT last week.
Check boch.com. I think they still have 4 in stock.
donpalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:30 PM   #8
mr9865
$10.25/hr frying chicken

Drives: 2012 Yaris L
there is a 5 door MT in Green Bay
Old 10-16-2009, 07:53 PM   #9
AZflagstaff

Drives: 2010 Yaris 5dr LB Manual
Wow, I didn't realize MT on a 5 door was so hard to come by. Last Saturday, on a whim and b/c I was in the area, I drove through my Toyota dealer's lot and saw a 5 door Blazing Blue Pearl. I stopped and looked inside and it was a MT and a 2010. Next to it was a red '09 3 door automatic but the '10 Blazing Blue 5 door had me frozen. With no intention of trading in my perfectly fine '08 Yaris Sedan S 5 speed in Flint Mica, I caved in when the salesperson rushed over and said "Let's Make This Happen." I didn't get the best deal since I was a little upside down on the sedan, but my APR went down a lot and I'm on a 5 yr plan instead of 6. Also, free tires for life, which is a promotion they're having now. Nothing off the sticker price though, which was $14,7??. The salesperson let me keep my S TRD upgraded shift knob and muffler tip which was cool of him. The car had 6 miles on it when I took the test drive and was built in 8/09. It had only been there a few days and was only 1 of 2 2010 Yaris on the lot and the 1 aforementioned '09. The other '10 was a sedan I don't really remember, lol. I'm much happier with the liftback!
AZflagstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:39 PM   #10
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
In my ZIP (97219) I can't choose 5 door, 5-speed. In my old ZIP (55125) I also couldn't. In another old ZIP (53202, Milwaukee, WI), again, it would not let me build.

I had talked to Toyota PR directly about it, and they did say the '10 5 doors were going to be available with 5-speeds.

How confusing.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:13 PM   #11
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Scion xD

lol
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:56 PM   #12
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

Drives: 15 STI
Send a message via AIM to mikenacarato
some people may not wanna pay the extra 3-4 grand for an xd.
mikenacarato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:21 AM   #13
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenacarato View Post
some people may not wanna pay the extra 3-4 grand for an xd.
5 door automatic yaris that's almost as well optioned as an xD costs $16,045
automatic xD is "pure priced" at $16,270

auto vs auto, the xD is miles better, and will hold it's value better, has more power, still gets decent gas mileage, has more room, more amenities, a tachometer.... (edit, the power package that i selected for the yaris i priced above DOES have a tach)

at least toyota finally made ABS a standard option..

i think cross shopping a 5 door yaris and an xD should be done by ANY person looking for a 5door yaris (and as the original post states, it's almost impossible to find a 5spd 5 door yaris, whereas the 5sp xD is plentiful and base priced at 15K and change)

and by the way, this has nothing to do with me owning an xA. it's just common sense.
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:10 PM   #14
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

Drives: 15 STI
Send a message via AIM to mikenacarato
well i for one went and looked at Xds before buying my yaris. I wanted a manual, didnt care if it was 3 or 5 door, didnt care if it had all the power options (i settled for crank windows and no power anything), and didnt care about looks (although I think the Yaris looks waaaay better than the xD.) It was purely price for me. but of course my opinions are different than anyone elses.
mikenacarato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:30 PM   #15
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenacarato View Post
well i for one went and looked at Xds before buying my yaris. I wanted a manual, didnt care if it was 3 or 5 door, didnt care if it had all the power options (i settled for crank windows and no power anything), and didnt care about looks (although I think the Yaris looks waaaay better than the xD.) It was purely price for me. but of course my opinions are different than anyone elses.
beauty is in the eye of the beholder. the yaris and xD are both getting very "old" looking, but the simple fact that optioning a yaris to match the xD puts them within $300 of each other. and the new dual VVTi 1.8L is a VERY promising powerplant.
you nailed it sir.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:08 PM   #16
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
If I may ask...... What did you get for a trade on your 2008 and did you get the rebate (depending on your region)? Enjoy your 2010. Nice color.
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:17 PM   #17
DevilGirl

Drives: 09 3dr LB MT
^ Hershey, as in Hershey Chocolates????? MMMMMMMMMMMMM YUM!!!!!

Car bought 8/7/09. Now over 89k miles of trouble free driving, other than user error!!
DevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:45 PM   #18
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilGirl View Post
^ Hershey, as in Hershey Chocolates????? MMMMMMMMMMMMM YUM!!!!!
As in Pennsylvania no doubt (and by extension the chocolates too)
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote