Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2009, 04:58 PM   #1
wiirenet

Drives: Black '09 2dr HB
Send a message via MSN to wiirenet
Questions about interior color and exterior paint

Hello, I will hopefully be a new active member soon =) I am decided on getting a yaris, right now am working on the money hehe. Here is another post I've made if you want to get more info about what I want
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14390

So, I am a total car noob.. like I need to look up what the difference between hubcaps and rims are haha.

But my yaris specific questions so far are, do different colored interiors exist? All the pics I've seen are of the bland gray color. If I had to travel for a black interior, I seriously would- I'm just getting the feeling that they don't exist. Also, is it possible to change the interior? Not just paint the hard parts, but the fabrics too? Either in the dealer or a shop? And is it very expensive?

Second question, I've been looking up how to deal with buying a car and learned what things to avoid wasting money on- like you probably don't need an extended warranty.
However, something most car buying tip sites tell me is to also avoid buying extra paint protection.
I have been reading this forum and other yaris sites and am learning that people are having problems with the paint, being more easily susceptible to dings and scratches then other cars. So I am wondering, if you get a yaris, is it worth paying the dealer to do their paint protection and whatever other dealer-is-looking-for-more-money paint related add ons they offer? Or is whatever the dealer does to the paint still not worth the price? And is it better if I try to do some paint protection myself after leaving the dealer?
Thank you!
wiirenet is offline   Reply With Quote