Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2007, 05:37 PM   #1
gaffo

Drives: integra
Well seems the F&*king Power Package with Manual is impossible in the States(Hatch)

Never mind that they sold 270,000 in europe, Japan and Australia.

Never mind that you can get the automatic with power

called Dallas, OKC, Tulsa, Muskogee, Ardmore......................

all the same crap -

salesman:"we can preference but not order direct - oh ya BTW the manual with power package don't exist"

me: "but Toyota made and sold 1/4 of a million Hatchback standards with power package!! They do exist"

salesman: "well, I've never seen one - they don't exist in this region of the country.

me: "well obviously - otherwise I would not be on a waitinglist for 3-months with one dealer who does not return my phonecalls and would not be calling longdistance to talk to you! Oh BTW Florida dealers have several manuals with power package".

salesman: "well the Yaris is ment to me a bare bone commuter car only"

me: "ok - but why does the Automatic Yaris have Power package on so many if that is true"?

salesman: "Americans don't drive standards - only 1-percent do, the rest of us rive automatics and veiw automatics as an upgrade - so that is why we offer the powerpackage only on automatics. It would not make sense to offer the power package (an upgrade) on an manual if you have not upgrade the transmision to a automatic".

me: "but i don't like automatics - I like shifting!!!"

salesman: "Thats nuts. Are you an American?"

me: "yes, but like driving!"

salesman: "well I've got a million nice Scion XA manuals with power package".

me: "I don't want an XA, I want a Yaris - and why do you offer all the options on the XA and none on the Yaris when they are the same car under that body??!!??"

salesman: "Scion are "Trandy - for the kewl jetset - yaris is a commuter car. Here I 've this Scion XA - good deal why not just buy it instead"

me: "no thanks, I'm looking for a Yaris"

salesman: "What do you have against the Scions?"

me: " don't like their looks - I like the Yaris MUCH better"

salesman: "well good luck in finding waht you want".

this sums up the conversations I had with 7 or 8 sales man/women - including their reasoning as to why the Yaris does not and should not offer any options - esp. if it is the Hatchback manual.

and yes half of them did the Scion XA spiel.

to sum up - f&*k it. If Toyota don't want to offer anything options in this car HERE IN THE US (and yet do so in the rest of the WORLD) - they've just lost me as a customer.

screw em.

maybe they will wise up in 2008 and actually offer options - but from what I've expereinced I really don't think they will.

500 bucks and 3 months and nothin.....................tick tock tick tock.......
gaffo is offline   Reply With Quote