Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-12-2014, 09:34 PM   #1
crotermund

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
2007 Yaris Sedan Stop Lights Load Resistor Question

Hello all,

I scoured the forum (and the intarwebz in general) but I'm still having trouble. Hopefully one of the Yaris masters can help out. :)

Issue:
After installing LED combo tail light bulbs, applying the brakes with parking lights off causes the brake lights to light as expected, as well as the instrument cluster and parking lights (unexpected). With the headlights/running lights on, there is no issue with either regular running lights or brake lights, and no funny business with the instrument cluster.

Resolution Attempt:
I attempted to install load resistors (6ohm 50W) across both brake lights (LH side Violet wire to LH side Black/White wire, RH side Orange wire to RH side Black/White wire). The result was the left rear blinker would not work, and the instrument cluster and parking lights would still light up when the brake was applied. Removal of the load resistor from the LH side restored left rear blinker functionality. Removal of the load resistor from the RH side made no change.

Replacement of the LED bulbs (which light up just fine both as tail lights and brake lights as expected, regardless of what the stupid ECM thinks) with regular bulbs resolves all issues, of course.

Plea for Assistance:
Seriously, this is ridiculous. I must have the wrong wires for the load resistor, but I don't see how it can't be correct based off the wiring schematic (http://www.microimageonline.com/down...anuals/EWD.pdf)

Can anyone help me out? Has anyone bothered to install LED bulbs in the stock harness and figured out exactly where to place the load resistor?

Thanks in advance!
crotermund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:57 PM   #2
nayjan

Drives: 07 Yaris, manual, sedan
2007 Yaris Sedan Stop Lights

I just installed the 7443 lights for my stop lights as well (07 sedan), and I'm having the issue of my instrument lights and parking lights coming on (also, pressing the brake with the door open will set off the lights-are-on buzzer).
I've tried flipping each bulb and testing the breaks. Once I flip left, it no longer lights at all until I flip it back to the original position. Same with the right.

I haven't tried using the load resistors yet, but I do have a set once I'm comfortable installing them.

I've searched the forums, but haven't found a solution.

Please post when you find a solution!
nayjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:30 PM   #3
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
I have had a few sets of 7443 LED for my tail lights. The first set was perfect as they were dual LED.
All the later ones I bought off ebay were single LED's with a resistor to make it dimmer for when the parkings are on. This messes up everything. Like the 3rd brake light on for absolutely no reason...

Tags
2007, brake light, led, load resistor, sedan s