Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-18-2007, 10:42 AM   #1
WRLEO

Drives: Yaris
Reviews of Weapon*R Intake system..

Hi guys.. Im back.. Sorry i been away in Hong Kong for awhile..

I would like to get some feedback from the guys who bought our intake system and see what they feklt about the intake and their long term reviews of gas mileage and performance changes.

The intake system i sold to you guys, i got you guys an Secret Weapon Intake with a Ram air kit, for $250 Shipped..

I would like to know how you guys feel as far as the " bang for buck " factor.

Thanks guys..

Leo..
WRLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:36 AM   #2
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
I'm very happy with my intake... I definitely felt an improvement in acceleration from around 3000rpm and up. I absolutely love this Grrrrrrrrl when I give it some throttle. It actually mmakkes me forget that I'm driving a 1.5L I guess that been the air filter more expose than the other intakes (TRD, AEM)... the sound has to be louder. On the down side there some opportunities for improvement there. The installation instructions are not very clear... I bumped into a little fitment problem on the MAF adaptor I had to use a dremmel to make it fit perfect. Also, the silicone couplings that came with the kit were to big so I had to use some pcs of an old silicone hose to make them fit tight and nice.

On the gas mileage, to be honest I don't have much to say. But that is because ever since I installed the intake I've been taking my Yar up to the red line pretty often.

I took me and a friend a 1 1/2hr to install it.

Overall, I think this is a great intake... but It could use some improvement to make it a truly BOLT ON.
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:36 PM   #3
doginmyyaris

Drives: 07 yaris
Are these intakes even availible?

Two weeks ago I called Eracingzone/Weaponspeed/dragonauto in Hayward, but was told they had no Secret Weapon intakes for the Yaris. I then called WEAPON*R COMPTEITION PRODUCTS direct and was told they might be availible by the end of Feb. So, Leo, can I buy one now, or what?
doginmyyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:51 PM   #4
Go4th

Drives: Yaris S Sedan color Flint Mica
Quote:
Originally Posted by doginmyyaris View Post
Two weeks ago I called Eracingzone/Weaponspeed/dragonauto in Hayward, but was told they had no Secret Weapon intakes for the Yaris. I then called WEAPON*R COMPTEITION PRODUCTS direct and was told they might be availible by the end of Feb. So, Leo, can I buy one now, or what?
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...6588#post56588
Go4th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:53 PM   #5
dngz

Drives: black yaris sedan
awesome intake. had problems installing the MAF sensor as well. love the sound and for mileage, i say its about the same.. i installed the intake with header and full catback exhaust. now i notice some serious torque steer when I accelerate! overall: awesome
dngz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:42 PM   #6
WRLEO

Drives: Yaris
the intake is available now..
WRLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:12 PM   #7
Galavoxx

Drives: Yaris Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dngz View Post
awesome intake. had problems installing the MAF sensor as well. love the sound and for mileage, i say its about the same.. i installed the intake with header and full catback exhaust. now i notice some serious torque steer when I accelerate! overall: awesome
Same setup here and same results. I like it!!!!
Galavoxx is offline   Reply With Quote