Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-18-2007, 09:35 PM   #1
yrsdrgn

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to yrsdrgn
big brake kit

anyone get big brake kits installed on their vitz or yaris?
Old 02-19-2007, 01:59 AM   #2
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Yup

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:30 PM   #3
yrsdrgn

sweet....what brand?!?!?! i must know. since i've seen a few japanese vitz owners put Endless 4 Pot big brake kits on their yaris.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:59 PM   #4
BulletProofAuto

Drives: 00 itr
the endless kit for the vehicle is $4280.00 and takes about 2 months for delivery.

unless you plan on going in a car show or racing your car it is not necessary, a good set of pads would do just fine.
BulletProofAuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:01 PM   #5
yrsdrgn

i plan on making my car into a show car/daily driven though the only thing that sucks is that it's an automatic.....i cant get a manual cuz my parents think that's what caused my last car to go bye bye
Old 02-19-2007, 08:38 PM   #6
turboyaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to turboyaris
giant waste of money

no offense... but that is a giant waste of money. 4,000$ could go towards something more worthwhile then a big brake kit. They aren't going to get you enough brownie points with the judges until you have all other basis covered. I would say big brake kit should be the last piece to your puzzle. Get a nice system, body kit, rims, accessories and all before you go out and shell that kinda moolah. If you'd like some suggestions... just let me know.
turboyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:44 PM   #7
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Yeah that's too damn expensive... Mine are pretty much a budget kit, Japanese company named e'spec. Full set of discs, calipers and pads cost a little less than $1000. Not exactly high performance, but they do the job better than the stock ones, and I can ride the brakes all day without much fade. And they just look badass!

I want to change the pads to something better though, are brake pads more or less universal?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00406.jpg (46.5 KB, 162 views)

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 02-19-2007, 09:14 PM   #8
yrsdrgn

haha yea it is probably way too expensive for people. even i cant afford that but hey, maybe one day haha. for now i'll probably look into the brake kit Etimago has. Can you possibly link me to their site or tell me of a site that sells those kits?
Old 02-19-2007, 09:15 PM   #9
yrsdrgn

and yes, you can say that I'm a newbie to the show car stuff cuz usually I'm more into the performance but since this is an auto car mine as well make it for show. Thanks for helping me
Old 02-19-2007, 09:59 PM   #10
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Well that's the problem, I am unable to find any web site or online reseller for this company, the auto parts store I got most of my stuff here is their distributor so they had a good deal.

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 02-20-2007, 12:23 AM   #11
butterflykawaii

Drives: Cute Yaris 5 door white
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
Yeah that's too damn expensive... Mine are pretty much a budget kit, Japanese company named e'spec. Full set of discs, calipers and pads cost a little less than $1000. Not exactly high performance, but they do the job better than the stock ones, and I can ride the brakes all day without much fade. And they just look badass!

I want to change the pads to something better though, are brake pads more or less universal?
So you have disc breaks in the front and rear?
Just curious.
butterflykawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:28 AM   #12
yrsdrgn

US only has disc brakes in front. pretty sure other countries have in rear as well.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:52 AM   #13
turboyaris

it would be possible to convert to rear discs which would be a nice upgraded look on a show car. I don't know if I would fully trust a company I have never heard of before but there are a lot of big brake companys out there from japan I'd be surprised if there isnt one cheaper.
And no brake pads arent universal you have to buy them specific for the calipers. If you know the name or part number for the caliper try googling that and cross your fingers, but once again the smaller the brake company is the less likely you will find pad options.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:49 AM   #14
turboyaris

another idea i just thought of

Hey guys... i was just thinking. I would be willing to bet a great deal of money that the spindles are the same between the scion xa xb and the yaris. it seems pointless for toyota to manufacture a whole new set of spindles just for a new car especially since it is a 4 lug. They usually go to 4 lug to save on costs so it would have been a poor choice for them to change the spindle completely. With that being said I would look into big brake kits for the Xb. I may be wrong so if anyone knows for sure feel free to comment. It shouldnt be too hard to find out this information though. I know rotora makes a front kit for the xb for 1500 msrp and I'm sure you could find it cheaper. Anyways just a thought. And worse case scenerio would be you might need a new caliper bracket but thats easy for a shop to fabricate, you could have a bunch of them done and sell them on here for anyone else looking for a big brake kit. That being said the rear conversion is somehting to look for for the xb although you would have to do something custom with the ebrake cable... but anything is possible. You could always have a tc rotor drilled for four lug something to look into because I know rotora's big brake kit is both 4 and 5 lug so it fits every single scion which would lead me to believe the caliper mounts are the same on all of them... maybe.... maybe not... but its easy to do free research and find out... save yourself some money
Old 02-20-2007, 02:52 AM   #15
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Hmm one of the recent sponsors here is working on a brake upgrade it for the Yaris and they tried to use the xA/xB ones but there is a size different somewhere, it cannot be a plus and play swap

I also have drums in the back, but the top-range trims of Yaris here have rear discs too. But auto transmission only, only the cheapass trim level (mine) has manual

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 02-20-2007, 01:50 PM   #16
yrsdrgn

I'll go ask my buddies over at Speedelement (Fremont,CA) this coming thursday about the scions and yaris spindles. Maybe US spec scions and yaris are about the same?
Old 02-20-2007, 09:26 PM   #17
turboyaris

just talked to zpi

Hey guys i just talked to zpi and they are planning on coming out with a brake kit for the yaris so hang in there guys... i will keep you posted
Old 02-20-2007, 11:05 PM   #18
mikeukrainetz

Drives: 2006 Toyota Yaris
just a quick note when buying pads, if you go ceramic dont buy cheap rotors. I made that mistake once and they worked great once warmed up but the rotors went ten times quicker than normal with no wear on the pads.
mikeukrainetz is offline   Reply With Quote