Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-13-2011, 11:19 AM   #19
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Drives: 07 Yaris hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLyttle View Post
Hardly Drivables are really a silly engine design, but that just fits right into the rest of the bike's design. I simply cannot see the attraction.

Worst is the attitude of the riders: "Gee, I'm gonna make as much noise as possible, just to piss off as many people as possible". Now we ARE getting into some kind of inadequacy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEHxFALLEN V1.2 View Post
OMG THANK YOU FOR SAYING THAT. That's the same thing that runs through my mind when I see Harleys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
Ugliest bikes in the world, that's for sure! And then they hang all that crap off them.
What kills me are the number of reputable makers who are producing look-alikes, when they actually have design staff capable of MUCH better work
<shudder>

There is no cruiser better than a Harley. However, I respect your right to be wrong. ;) ;)

My odometer 03/11
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/2843ed85.jpg
mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:59 PM   #20
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
No cruiser better than a Harley? I assume that you are speaking from experience, right? If so, please tell me what you find wanting with a Gold Wing, or that 6-cylinder beast that whispers by...

Some guy posted that after changing to louder pipes, an hour was all he could take before he was ready to kick his own dog to death; no wonder bikers are so mean! My hatred for Harleys really has to do with a hundred or so of them go by my house making far too much noise: if one made that much noise in front of their houses, they would take seconds to be on the phone to the cops.

The final insult is to see a decal on a bike stating, "loud pipes save lives". What a load of PR BS!! Trying to justify their pointless din, knowing full well that lights, lots of lights, is what people notice FIRST; the noise is only present AFTER the bike has gone by. It's like pleading in an assault case "his face hit my fist"...
TLyttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:51 AM   #21
ChitownY@Ris

Drives: '07 Yaris Sedan
Havn't been revved at at the light, but I do get ricer bullied (cut off real close, almost getting clipped) from time to time when I have my flip down monitor down for my kid in the back. Then again, I do see that happen to other drivers. So it could just a Chicago thing. Lot of drama on the road. Lot of ambulance chasers too.
ChitownY@Ris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:39 AM   #22
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Drives: 07 Yaris hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLyttle View Post
No cruiser better than a Harley? I assume that you are speaking from experience, right?

2007 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic. I don't have anything to compare it to as I've never had any other bike...don't need to really. Stock pipes, by the way.

My odometer 03/11
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/2843ed85.jpg
mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:21 PM   #23
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
I had a Harley last year. It's gone now (thankfully).

But my Ducati is a lot louder than any Harley I've ever heard, and I love it.
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:45 PM   #24
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33OH View Post
I had a Harley last year. It's gone now (thankfully).

But my Ducati is a lot louder than any Harley I've ever heard, and I love it.
I don't mind the noise of the Harleys, but the looks are just wrong. The Duc is a real bike, but suffers (on this island) from the unique noise made by the desmodromic valves. Too easy to identify at midnight when doing 100+ out to the lighthouse (long, mostly straight road). Poor guy has a long list of tickets.
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote