Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-10-2014, 09:09 PM   #1
BoostTed

Drives: Prius C
Hey Yaris folks! Not a Yaris but Prius C here, lowered the car and wheels

I feel I have more related to you Yaris folks vs the Prius guys on the other forums. I've been lurking around and I like how you guys do things and mod your cars.

The Prius C is our daily driver, it shares the garage with our 4runner, S2000 and my track car, a turbo NA Miata.

Many thanks to Jeff and Garm at Micro Image. Top rate service over there. I bought the suspension on Friday, attempted to install them on Sunday, but got stuck because I dont have an offset wrench to reach the 17mm nut at the top. I emailed them on Sunday afternoon and they replied immediately to setup an appointment for Monday.

I arrived around 1030am Monday and we began working on the car. The whole time we were working on the car I felt very welcomed at the shop and it was just great all around.

I wanted to throw on the 13mm hub spacers but Jeff recommended I wait until I get the new tires on, let the suspension settle and get an alignment first. Probably a very smart idea since I would have probably rubbed a bit on the way home.

My initial impressions with the coilover is the car turns much nicer, I didnt get a chance to really test it yet, but some of the understeer is gone, not completely gone but much better. The ride is much more firm but still smooth. One thing that also went away was that on the stock suspension the car pulled heavily to the right, once we got the Tanabe on the steering wheel can now be centered and the car will go straight.

Wheel specs are 17x7.5 45et, 225/45/17. I dont recommend running these tire size as it will rub on the inside when the steering wheel is cranked in one direction, even on stock suspension. I threw these tires on because I got them for free and these are my 2nd set of wheels. New tires that are more prius friendly are coming this week. The rears are sunken in a bit so hub spacers are coming to even them out with the front.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Prius 1.jpg (195.8 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg Prius 2.jpg (148.4 KB, 94 views)

Last edited by BoostTed; 03-10-2014 at 09:50 PM.
BoostTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:26 PM   #2
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
welcome....now get that C outta here!

jk!

Many folks here with MI experiences. Welcome to the community.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:30 PM   #3
DJYojimbo

Drives: 2012 Grey Toyota Yaris SE
Very nice!!!
Old 03-10-2014, 09:37 PM   #4
bairjo

Very nice Clark...but the lights aren't twinkling.
bairjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:41 PM   #5
BoostTed

Whoosh is the sound of that comment going way past over my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bairjo View Post
Very nice Clark...but the lights aren't twinkling.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:47 PM   #6
bairjo

this should help....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsaxNehMibg

My sense of humor sometimes tends to drift...nice car!
bairjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:06 PM   #7
MyzticZ3r0

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Nice ride =]. Any potential mods in the future besides wheels?
MyzticZ3r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:10 PM   #8
BoostTed

I already have HIDs in there. I'll most likely do the Clazzio seat covers, do some audio stuff, nothing crazy like my previous cars, but something simple an emphasis on staging and SQ.

Performance stuff i'll look at a rear sway bar.

This car is our daily and weekend beater so we rack up a ton of miles, not sure if I was to dump too much money into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyzticZ3r0 View Post
Nice ride =]. Any potential mods in the future besides wheels?
Old 04-02-2015, 10:53 PM   #9
smithwithaj

Drives: Prius C one
Where are you getting the 13mm hub spacers? I've been looking for some but Farm said he usnt selling them and I got no answer from penguin garage. Thanks
smithwithaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 03:15 AM   #10
BoostTed

Did you mean Garm?

I got them from Micro Image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithwithaj View Post
Where are you getting the 13mm hub spacers? I've been looking for some but Farm said he usnt selling them and I got no answer from penguin garage. Thanks
Old 04-04-2015, 09:00 AM   #11
smithwithaj

Drives: Prius C one
Yes, autocorrect thought I meant Farm when I typedd Garm. I sent microimage an email when I didnt see the spacers, Garm replied he's not selling them. 😞

nice prius c btw. I may not lower mine at all, or certainly not as much, but the rear wheels seem like they are further inset even though I think the front and rear track ate close.
smithwithaj is offline   Reply With Quote