Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 09:55 PM   #37
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaristeve View Post
Yeah, $48,350 - $8,000 = $40,350 not $48,350
Lmfao
Old 05-24-2011, 10:39 PM   #38
BEEF

Drives: 2008 yaris 3d
so wait, are you paying $240 or $340 monthly? your calculations are right (minus the last little hiccup) but you stated earlier in that post that your payments were $240 monthly. that is qite a bit of difference ($1200 worth). also, you can look up on KBB.com or edmunds.com and find out the value of your vehicle...even trade in values.

if you are making bank like you say you are, thats over $60k anually and that is if those number are before taxes. if that is take home, it is even higer. honestly that is about were I am and I have a car payment, personal loan, ex-wife, and daughter....and I still have about $1,000 extra monthly (usually paying down loans). don't really know your home situation or cost of living but would think that two vehicles would be nothing for someone making that kind of money. I have two vehicles and plan to replace one of them within the next 2 years after I pay down the loans I currently have.

weren't you just talking about putting nitrous on this thing and talking about fixing the front lip? why are you now talking about selling it? also you don't have to put $32k in a vehicle to get a fast one. buddy of mine has $8k in a truck and it is pushing 400rwhp (granted $6k was just in the motor and he has to run 93 octane because of compression ratio) but it will outrun most stuff on the road right now.

I just don't get it.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:03 PM   #39
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Drives: 2010 1E7 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Send a message via MSN to .Kevin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaristeve View Post
Yeah, $48,350 - $8,000 = $40,350 not $48,350
Woops
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanYaris View Post
Lmfao
Quiet you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEF View Post
so wait, are you paying $240 or $340 monthly? your calculations are right (minus the last little hiccup) but you stated earlier in that post that your payments were $240 monthly. that is qite a bit of difference ($1200 worth). also, you can look up on KBB.com or edmunds.com and find out the value of your vehicle...even trade in values.

if you are making bank like you say you are, thats over $60k anually and that is if those number are before taxes. if that is take home, it is even higer. honestly that is about were I am and I have a car payment, personal loan, ex-wife, and daughter....and I still have about $1,000 extra monthly (usually paying down loans). don't really know your home situation or cost of living but would think that two vehicles would be nothing for someone making that kind of money. I have two vehicles and plan to replace one of them within the next 2 years after I pay down the loans I currently have.

weren't you just talking about putting nitrous on this thing and talking about fixing the front lip? why are you now talking about selling it? also you don't have to put $32k in a vehicle to get a fast one. buddy of mine has $8k in a truck and it is pushing 400rwhp (granted $6k was just in the motor and he has to run 93 octane because of compression ratio) but it will outrun most stuff on the road right now.

I just don't get it.
340$ Monthly. Was a mistake I realized if I was paying 240 it would take 6 years to pay off but I went on 5 so it is 340.

Isn't edmunds and KBB American? I am from Canada.

See, I don't like skiming everything and then ending my day saying I have 1000$ left in my pocket still. I like the simple life like my dad showed me which and hes incredible with money. One car, not two because I can but why two when I don't need it. Like I said the thread wasn't meant for me to convince on keeping the Yaris. It's more of a brainstorming thread.

It's not just speed, I honestly don't like the Yaris much other than its design, and thats the sedan because I got offered an egg and despise them lol.

If it was about speed, I would just buy garms turbo set up, bigger injectors and install it for 3 grand tops prob and be running 180hp I'm guessing atleast.

And going by weight to speed ratio I'm betting a 180hp yaris would beat a 200hp impreza or a 201 hp Si.

So ending my post - like I said it is a brain storm thread if I do skip out on this all then my goals to get a lip even though it seems no where sells them.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:26 AM   #40
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
is your sedan even worth 16000 as a trade-in?

keep in mind, if you trade in for an SI, you don't pay tax on the trade-in value. so 26k for the SI - 16000 for the yaris (ideally), you only pay tax on 10000 for the new car, not 26000.

then they take what you owe on the car and add it to the new loan w/ the SI and finance that. honda would pay out the remaining amount of your toyota loan (as you have to do so in order to change owners on the ownership...you can't have any liens on the car.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:05 AM   #41
BEEF

wow, how about saying that I have enough to buy a car in the bank (your car). that is being good with money. I don't skim through life I don't run at the edge of what I can afford either. I have already stated several times things that I am either going to buy or have bought for my car already. I do enjoy life but not too extravegantly.

as far as having an extra vehicle, I can't see going without one. what happens when something happens to your ONLY vehicle? I just get in my OTHER vehicle. you are stuck trying to figure stuff out. is it really extravegant to have 2 vehicles? that buddy of mine with the truch has an even dozen (really, he does). most of them are projects and I think he has 3 running right now but that is still 2 more than you have. another friend of mine just sold one of his and is now down to 4. I don't see having 2 as that odd. I guess if it is a space issue but still.

also, you say all you like is the design...what else is there with a car? power you can change, mileage you can change, color you can change, design...you can but it is damn hard.

also you talk about garms kit being only about 3k but realize that you have to put it on. at that price YOU have to put it on. a shop charges a pretty penny to put on a turbo kit and properly tune it.

past all that, do what you want. it's your car and your money. if your dad is so good with money, why isn't he advising you on this? maybe you don't like his answer of keep it or lose an ass load of money.

I would think that canada would have something like edmunds or KBB and if they don't, at least it would give you an idea of the worth of it.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:54 AM   #42
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Quote:
as far as having an extra vehicle, I can't see going without one. what happens when something happens to your ONLY vehicle? I just get in my OTHER vehicle. you are stuck trying to figure stuff out. is it really extravegant to have 2 vehicles?
i agree with this statement.. i do not like being stranded asking for a ride to the parts store when something brakes on my car, ESP if its a project car. lesson learned when i blew up my first crx motor and it was my DD. bought a tacoma after that to haul engines.. lol. but since then i think everyone should have a back up car. i got a bone stock 96 civic that i hardly touch, but i will drive that to the store to pick up needed parts when i boost my yaris.

im no baller, but i do not let myself get stranded and up sh*ts creek without a paddle anymore.. its not fun.

i say, keep the yaris.. get another car.. it doesnt have to be new.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:18 PM   #43
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
is your sedan even worth 16000 as a trade-in?

keep in mind, if you trade in for an SI, you don't pay tax on the trade-in value. so 26k for the SI - 16000 for the yaris (ideally), you only pay tax on 10000 for the new car, not 26000.

then they take what you owe on the car and add it to the new loan w/ the SI and finance that. honda would pay out the remaining amount of your toyota loan (as you have to do so in order to change owners on the ownership...you can't have any liens on the car.
No 16k is what I owe, I financed coming out to 20,430$. It's value is low 11,500-12,600 high.

Quote:
wow, how about saying that I have enough to buy a car in the bank (your car). that is being good with money. I don't skim through life I don't run at the edge of what I can afford either. I have already stated several times things that I am either going to buy or have bought for my car already. I do enjoy life but not too extravegantly.

as far as having an extra vehicle, I can't see going without one. what happens when something happens to your ONLY vehicle? I just get in my OTHER vehicle. you are stuck trying to figure stuff out. is it really extravegant to have 2 vehicles? that buddy of mine with the truch has an even dozen (really, he does). most of them are projects and I think he has 3 running right now but that is still 2 more than you have. another friend of mine just sold one of his and is now down to 4. I don't see having 2 as that odd. I guess if it is a space issue but still.

also, you say all you like is the design...what else is there with a car? power you can change, mileage you can change, color you can change, design...you can but it is damn hard.

also you talk about garms kit being only about 3k but realize that you have to put it on. at that price YOU have to put it on. a shop charges a pretty penny to put on a turbo kit and properly tune it.

past all that, do what you want. it's your car and your money. if your dad is so good with money, why isn't he advising you on this? maybe you don't like his answer of keep it or lose an ass load of money.

I would think that canada would have something like edmunds or KBB and if they don't, at least it would give you an idea of the worth of it.
Garms kit is actually 1,600$ but I counted 3k to a rough estimate of installation etc.

Also if my car ever does break down it's new, road side assistance it to the dealer, then just use their shuttle to where I am going. Or just grab one of my dads cars which is the reason I have room for one.

Yeah I found Canadian KBB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikerice View Post
i agree with this statement.. i do not like being stranded asking for a ride to the parts store when something brakes on my car, ESP if its a project car. lesson learned when i blew up my first crx motor and it was my DD. bought a tacoma after that to haul engines.. lol. but since then i think everyone should have a back up car. i got a bone stock 96 civic that i hardly touch, but i will drive that to the store to pick up needed parts when i boost my yaris.

im no baller, but i do not let myself get stranded and up sh*ts creek without a paddle anymore.. its not fun.

i say, keep the yaris.. get another car.. it doesnt have to be new.
Like I said again. This is a brain storm thread.

Atm I am looking at some used muscle cars to work on again like when I had my classic mustang. I like the Camaros that look like catfish guilty :[
Old 05-25-2011, 04:29 PM   #44
BEEF

garms kit is $1649 and there is a disclaimer that larger injectors and MANAGEMENT not included. my assumption was that you doubled the price knowing that you were going to need these two vital items. 180hp at the tires will require some serious management and it isn't something you are just going to bolt on and go with. you will have to do qutie a bit of tuning too. that is close to double the hp of a stock one (at the tires).

good luck with whatever you are looking. remember though if you keep a car long enough, it does go out of warranty and eventually you move away from your parents so that is something to think about too.

(old muscle cars don't have warranties)
Old 05-25-2011, 04:48 PM   #45
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Quote:
garms kit is $1649 and there is a disclaimer that larger injectors and MANAGEMENT not included. my assumption was that you doubled the price knowing that you were going to need these two vital items. 180hp at the tires will require some serious management and it isn't something you are just going to bolt on and go with. you will have to do qutie a bit of tuning too. that is close to double the hp of a stock one (at the tires).

good luck with whatever you are looking. remember though if you keep a car long enough, it does go out of warranty and eventually you move away from your parents so that is something to think about too.

(old muscle cars don't have warranties)
Yeah, thats why I doubled the price.

If a vehicle runs out of warranty it does, put money aside to fix it. I see teenagers daily on the side of the road because they blow all their money on their vehicles and don't save for when that stuff happens.

Also I know they don't I had one, repairs aren't so bad.

If I do turbo a Yaris its warranty is voided anyways.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:08 PM   #46
BEEF

you totally missed it.

the management and injectors will put you probably around the 3k mark and then you still have to put it on. that is with parts in a box to your door, no installation. still have to tune it and turn all the bolts to get it on your car. shops around here are $80-120/hour.

I talked to garm about the turbo kit and how it was so much cheaper than the supercharger kit and he basically told me that you would spend about the same amount of money on the turbo kit but it would give you a lot more power. that was a while back but he sells some engine management stuff and it ain't cheap, not at all.

so your car runs out of warranty and you order parts...what do you do for the week or so it takes for parts to get to your door? for that matter, how do you get to the parts store period? sometimes money will ony get you so far.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:38 PM   #47
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
There's no way you're going to be putting a turbo kit on for $3k with labor included. A turbo kit is complicated and will have many hidden costs. With everything said and done I spent about $2700. I also installed and tuned the kit myself.

I really can't wrap my mind around why you're so against having two cars, especially if you're going to be toying with atleast one of them. I had a decent amount of down time during my turbo install. It was a huge PITA. The same can be said with the car I recently bought from Garm. It's a sweet car, but a second car is practically required for when sh!t happens and also for the winter months. That's why in time I'll likely take the turbo off the yaris and put it nearly back to stock.

Also - the thought that you're making 2400 bi monthly hurts my brain. You're like not even 20, right?
Old 05-25-2011, 09:23 PM   #48
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Quote:
I really can't wrap my mind around why you're so against having two cars, especially if you're going to be toying with atleast one of them.
+1

keep the yaris, pay it off asap (double up on your payments) OR

keep the yaris, use any extra money you have out of the month and set it aside

After you pay off the yaris, you will have a nice down payment (if not fully paid off) on ANOTHER new car you can modify and just use your yaris for a backup.
and get this.. you will still have only 1 payment
Old 05-25-2011, 10:29 PM   #49
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Keeping the yaris no mods. Buying this as another project car, for those whove seen my old mustang you can tell I am great at restoring.

http://www.actionmotors.net/used/Pon...5626e494fe.htm

GTA model.

And yes. I'm 17.

Meaning my wisdom is not great, but my knowledge expands through the horizon :o
Old 05-26-2011, 01:41 PM   #50
contraband831
El Huevo

Drives: 2007 Liftback
nice! lets see some pics, when u get it..

Old 05-26-2011, 04:13 PM   #51
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Gracias. Going today to negociate if they dont lower it even abit then I'll just skip it but its what I am interested in.

Needs some TLC, no body rust but rust in the wheel wells a little, needs paint.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:41 PM   #52
GanjaBabe420

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to GanjaBabe420
You have a nice car! & got a great deal on it! I say you pay it off! a project car is a good idea...
Old 05-27-2011, 12:14 AM   #53
Yar Is Word

Drives: Yaris 5 door liftback
2012 Mustang 305 horsepower V6 $22,310 USD MSRP
31 mpg HWY
http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/
Blaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaen Neoooowwww
Old 05-27-2011, 10:44 AM   #54
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Kevin. View Post
Keeping the yaris no mods. Buying this as another project car, for those whove seen my old mustang you can tell I am great at restoring.

http://www.actionmotors.net/used/Pon...5626e494fe.htm

GTA model.

And yes. I'm 17.

Meaning my wisdom is not great, but my knowledge expands through the horizon :o
lol how do u expect me to believe you have skills in restoring and knowledge when you ask how to do things on the forums about a simple ol car like a Yaris come on Antonio you are lying to ur self not the members
Closed Thread