Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-02-2011, 01:09 PM   #19
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
It gives me great pleasure to tell you the only positive thing you could ever do for humanity is to kill yourself. Everything else you do makes the world a worse place for everyone.

Some sort of rival shit ?
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:09 PM   #20
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post

It gives me great pleasure to tell you the only positive thing you could ever do for humanity is to kill yourself. Everything else you do makes the world a worse place for everyone.
I guess you don't remember who you called a, "JERK." I make the world a great place. I am happy knowing your fate.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:23 PM   #21
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
wow. so because someone called you a jerk (on an internet forum at that) you now revel in his misery? if that's really all it takes for you to hold a grudge then you must have a very long hit list.

I crush you like tiny clown car, because you are clown, yes?
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:25 PM   #22
carnageehw

Drives: 2010 Fusion Hybrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by frownonfun View Post
I guess I'm confused. I was assuming that we were considering quitting to be burning a bridge. Which is what I was advocating.

So I guess if my post wasn't clear what I suggest the OP do is quit. Do the two weeks notice thing if you want or don't, it doesn't really matter. The point is if you're THAT unhappy then just quit. And don't set out to burn a bridge but if that's what happens, well, c'est la vie.
ah, I gota ya. We're agreed then.
carnageehw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:09 PM   #23
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
Personally, I believe in burning bridges for the most part. It makes you go forwarrd, never backwards.

However, I also believe in another saying that warns "Don't insult the alligator until you have crossed the river".
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:19 PM   #24
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRide View Post

However, I also believe in another saying that warns "Don't insult the alligator until you have crossed the river".
LOL, yes, i like that. first time i heard it.
ilikerice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:29 AM   #25
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
To the OP: I don't want to read the whole thread but here is my 2c.

In California, we have "employment at will," which means that any party (employer or employee) can terminate the relationship without notice and for any reason, except one based on race, gender, age, marital status or whatever is clearly defined in the law.

So basically that gives an employer the power to fire anyone for any reason. As long as you don't get fired for CAUSE (getting fired for making a mistake is acceptable, but getting fired for doing something malicious is not) then you should be able to get unemployment benefits which will help pay bills while you're looking for another job.

The ideal situation is to suck it up, keep working, and find another job and then quit diplomatically, but it's easier said than done, I know.

If you quit, it will be far more difficult to obtain unemployment insurance. At least that's the way it is in California. You should Google your question and see what comes up for your state.

Hope that helps.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:38 AM   #26
tomato
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris-me View Post
I guess you don't remember who you called a, "JERK." I make the world a great place. I am happy knowing your fate.
I'm not!! WTF?!!

I don't know what happened between you and the OP but really, you guys need to take it to PM and work it out. OK?
Old 06-03-2011, 01:41 AM   #27
tomato
Super Moderator

One more thing. I know a lot of people who are so fed up with their jobs right now, but the economy is still freaking tight and jobs are not there. So weather you quit or get fired, just make sure you have enough money to survive for a while because you may or may not find another job right away.

Going back to school could help you land a better job and there are grants and federal money in some cases. You might want to look into that.

Good luck.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:30 AM   #28
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
i have always made sure i had another job waiting before i quit my current.. something to think about also.. suck it up til u get that other job
ilikerice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:49 AM   #29
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Drives: 07 Yaris hatch
The best thing you can do is familiarize yourself with your states labor laws. It's very difficult(almost impossible) to give you accurate advise without knowing the particulars of your state laws.

My odometer 03/11
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/2843ed85.jpg
mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:41 AM   #30
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
I guess I'm the only one here that thinks anyone with a job right now should be happy that they at least are making money AND contributing to society and not just living off the government's (ie the people's) doll. It may not be your most favoritest job in the whole entire world, but you are "manning up" and making a living for yourself.

IMO, live to make your life better, not expect your life to get better because you are alive. It is better to light one candle then to curse the darkness.
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:10 PM   #31
tomato
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinare View Post
I guess I'm the only one here that thinks anyone with a job right now should be happy that they at least are making money AND contributing to society and not just living off the government's (ie the people's) doll. It may not be your most favoritest job in the whole entire world, but you are "manning up" and making a living for yourself.

IMO, live to make your life better, not expect your life to get better because you are alive. It is better to light one candle then to curse the darkness.
What you are saying is admirable, in theory.

Saying that he's "lucky to have a job" well, yes and no. Yes, he's lucky he has a job that pays his bills and maybe benefits, but it's always a good idea to look a little further down the road and see if you can position yourself for a better long term situation.

Keeping a dead-end job too long does not look good on a resume. Keeping a dead-end job while looking for a better one, or going to school or trade school makes sense, and actually helps you suck it up. You just don't feel as bad when you know what you're doing is temporary, while you're bettering yourself.

My 2c of course.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:11 PM   #32
tomato
Super Moderator

There is also self-employment if you have a skill you can sell, i.e., fix people's computers, gardening, whatever people are willing to pay for, really.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:17 PM   #33
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
Exactly right. By the way, what is it the guy does well? I haven't heard about his skills yet...
TLyttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:36 AM   #34
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRide View Post
Great saying. Where did it come from?
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote