Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #19
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroiter View Post
I wonder how much the Yaris would cost if you throw in all the bells and whistles that the base model Sx4 comes with standard. I do have to say that SUZUKI vehicles, the ones actually built by Suzuki, are tough as nails. Alot of their models were built by Daewoo and were just cheap Korean junk cars, but the few that Suzuki makes themselves, such is the sx4, are top notch quality.
True enough. The good news is, there are no more Daewoo-made Suzukis anymore. The only "rebadge" is the Equator, which is a rebadged Nissan Frontier. However, it's cheaper and has a better warranty than the Nissan!

I may have drank th Suzuki Kool-Aid, but I really believe they make good products, but need a shot of consumer trust.

Heck, the Kizashi nabbed the top spot (again) for owner satisfaction, for what it's worth.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #20
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
I do have the say that the Kizashi is one hot piece of construction. There's a company that makes performance parts for the Kizashi and for the Sx4, I believe the company is "Race Ready"? I could be wrong though. Anyways, they built up a Red colored Kizashi to show off what they can do for the cars and one day I was at the local Toyota dealership (It's multi-dealership lot...Lafontaine Toyota, Suzuki, Honda and Hyundai)...wouldn't you know, that red Kizashi is sitting in the parking spot that I pulled in next to. The thing was unreal looking. Lowered with black tinted windows, rims that sat flush with the wheel wheels all the way around with fat meats on them. it was GOOD
I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote