Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2006, 09:48 AM   #1
randog

Drives: Toyota Yaris
Yaris vs. Lincoln Towncar CRASH!

The lincoln towncar I hit had a mere ajared bumper. My Yaris crunched like a peanut. I was really disappointed about how weak it was. He popped that bumper back on and when the police came they asked him where his damage was (it wasn't very evident). We were only going 30 and by the time we hit the impact must of only been 10 or so. We were both braking hard so the momentum brought my nose low and his rear high... which hit my car higher than normal thus busting the hood. No airbag so i'm guessing the frame is still intact.

Here's what happened... I was driving 30 behind this Gypsy Cab a couple blocks before getting on the highway. We had a beautiful flow of green lights... THEN all of a sudden in the middle of an intersection at a GREEN light he BRAKES HARD and comes to a complete stop. They say, "only a fool doesn't follow the 2 second rule" well, I guess I was the fool.

The reason he stopped was because at the intersection was sitting an ambulance. The ambulance must of got a call (or decided he wanted some coffee) and popped on the siren. Gypsy cab panics thinking ambulance is entering the intersection and he brakes (mid intersection mind you). By the time I notice how fast he is coming at me (or rather me at him) it was to late to either swerve or stop. We were so far gone from the ambulance that even according to the police report (and the gypsy cabs admission) the ambulance did not witness the accident.

And the pics you've been waiting for:

randog is offline   Reply With Quote