Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2017, 07:28 AM   #1
komichal

Drives: Yaris 2007 1.3 2SZFE 64kW
Muffler change

Hi folks,
The muffler of my Yaris (2007, 2SZ-FE, 64kW) rattles inside when engine is idling. Everything looks OK from outside - little bit of rust but no crack or hole. But I guess something in the livery is (almost) dead. 10 years of service throughout the year including our salty winters is probably enough.

Anyway - I am going to do a replace. I can pick several brands that are available here (Bosal, Ernst, MTS) for about 65 USD each. I can also choose Eberspacher for 140 USD but I have no clue whether it is worth it.
Other brands such as ASMET for 35 USD I consider to be a cheap shit.
I prefer stock look and quiet exhaust. No need to place any fancy exhaust parts.

I suppose that apart from the muffler itself I would only need two bolts, two nuts and a gasket. I will probably replace the rubber rings as well - they are looking OK so far but when I am there already....

Any experience anyone with this? Anything I should be worried about?

Thank you!
komichal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exhaust, exhaust gasket, exhaust swap