Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-13-2006, 09:49 AM   #1
PixieDawn

Drives: Yaris 2007, Eclipse 2000
Just Ordered My New Yaris (FL)

Hey everyone just wanted to add that here in FL, it’s basically almost impossible to get a lift back with a manual tranny. I put my deposit down a week ago, they told me could be up to 90 days before I get my new Yaris... the whole state of FL is only getting 7 in the month of June delivered so people are fighting over them, even paying more than MSRP to get the car others cant get it.. its so bad that while I was at a “certain” dealership trying to buy the car I was offered a blazing blue (that was ordered for someone else) for an extra 3k that was fresh off the truck (the sales guys said if I took it he would tell the other girl there was a mix up with the shipping) I found out that later that that girl had been waiting already for 3 weeks for her Yaris and it could have been sold from under her.. WOW right...needless to say I went to another dealership... I don’t even get to pick my color I had to give a choice of 3 and which ever they can get first is mine.. keep this in mind anyone in the south who might be putting it off to order, the list of people waiting is getting longer and longer, I had to go to 5 dealerships to find a manual that I could test drive and it was a sedan... also here they aren’t ”really” offering the manual with the power option they said if you wanted the power option or a black one the wait is over 4-6 mnths .

I cant wait to get my Yaris.. or even to find out what color I am getting would be nice.. so I can start to accessorize :)

Is anyone else having this experience or is it just FL?
PixieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:11 AM   #2
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
The pick three colors is usually the normal Toyota protocol.

However, the selling the already purchased cars is pure sleeze. You should report the incident to Toyota just because that is wrong.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:14 AM   #3
sroberts

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
That sucks about the wait time Pixie. I am getting worried about when I might be getting mine :o

Is there anyone on this forum that works for Toyota or a dealer that can explain whats going on with the ordering and wait times? Does particular countries/states get priority, etc? Or can explain the whole process?
Old 06-13-2006, 10:16 AM   #4
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

I used to work at a dealership.

But this is normal for brand new cars. To build up a desire for the cars the manufacturers make a few less than they think the demand will be. Eventually they will increase production so everyone can get the car they want.

This happens with most brand new cars.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:34 AM   #5
JustJo

Drives: Blue Yaris LB
I ordered mine three weeks ago here in Florida and I got it on Sunday. I also had to give three color choices and I got my first choice. I was nervous to do this but my deposit was refundable if I did not want the car (but I knew I would). I had test drove a sedan but really wanted the lift back. I got my first choice and I am thrilled. I actually had to drive it from Ft Myers to Brandon and back yesterday and even with the torential rains it was a fun drive. Of course when your going from a 1996 car in very poor condition and no air conditioning to this great car you can understand my excitement. I can't imagine how upset I would be if they had sold it out from under me like you describe. For just that reason I had called every couple of days with a question or just checking in so that they new I wouldn't be going away!
JustJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 12:32 PM   #6
Supa Lao

Drives: '03 Murano SL AWD
I ordered mine last week up here in the northeast. I too am waiting for a liftback 5spd w/ the power option. I am expecting a 2-3 month wait for mine The salesman wanted 3 colors, but I only gave him 2. I'm really waiting for a blazing blue and hopefully I'll get it.
Supa Lao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 12:44 PM   #7
Tankota
Prototype Tester

Drives: Yaris S-Sedan / FJ Cruiser
My dealer let me spec exactly what color I wanted to order - no second or third choices. The only limit I had was I had to order the option packages from what was available in my region ( 3 packages avail in so-cal for the s-sedan)

Maybe it helps that it's Longo Toyota, they are the worlds largest toyota dealer. They don't have to play any games, they make plenty on volume alone. Also right of the bat was given the price of $500 over invoice, none of this MSRP or higher crap the other dealers try - even on an ordered car.
Tankota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 12:56 PM   #8
spacemanoeuvres
spase peepole

Drives: BLAZING BLUE Liftback 5 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDawn
Hey everyone just wanted to add that here in FL, it’s basically almost impossible to get a lift back with a manual tranny. I put my deposit down a week ago, they told me could be up to 90 days before I get my new Yaris... the whole state of FL is only getting 7 in the month of June delivered so people are fighting over them, even paying more than MSRP to get the car others cant get it.. its so bad that while I was at a “certain” dealership trying to buy the car I was offered a blazing blue (that was ordered for someone else) for an extra 3k that was fresh off the truck (the sales guys said if I took it he would tell the other girl there was a mix up with the shipping) I found out that later that that girl had been waiting already for 3 weeks for her Yaris and it could have been sold from under her.. WOW right...needless to say I went to another dealership... I don’t even get to pick my color I had to give a choice of 3 and which ever they can get first is mine.. keep this in mind anyone in the south who might be putting it off to order, the list of people waiting is getting longer and longer, I had to go to 5 dealerships to find a manual that I could test drive and it was a sedan... also here they aren’t ”really” offering the manual with the power option they said if you wanted the power option or a black one the wait is over 4-6 mnths .

I cant wait to get my Yaris.. or even to find out what color I am getting would be nice.. so I can start to accessorize :)

Is anyone else having this experience or is it just FL?
Congrats on the order hope it comes in sooner than expected.

I can't believe you were offered somone elses Liftback! That's a super-ultra-mega schitty thing to do to a customer.

I would definitely report them to corp and never go There again!

Supa Lao - I really did get your car

Don't worry it's worth the wait, you're going to love it!
Old 06-13-2006, 03:26 PM   #9
JustJo

Drives: Blue Yaris LB
I am really glad I did get the blue because I like the way the interior matches it. Before I got it I didn't really have a strong preference.
JustJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:42 PM   #10
drdavidr4u

Drives: Yaris Lftbk Black 5spd TRDrims
I just put in a factory order and was told up to a 16 week wait!

Whew!!
drdavidr4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 01:02 AM   #11
heydin

Drives: 2008 toyota yaris RS (mexican)
unfair longo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankota
My dealer let me spec exactly what color I wanted to order - no second or third choices. The only limit I had was I had to order the option packages from what was available in my region ( 3 packages avail in so-cal for the s-sedan)

Maybe it helps that it's Longo Toyota, they are the worlds largest toyota dealer. They don't have to play any games, they make plenty on volume alone. Also right of the bat was given the price of $500 over invoice, none of this MSRP or higher crap the other dealers try - even on an ordered car.
I tried getting an internet price from Longo knowing they are the largest dealer in the country (I used to live in El Monte) and they told me they would order but only at sticker. I have been dealing with a number of dealers; the best I have found so far in the midwest is about 600 under MSRP. Liftback would be power package w/alloy, abs, and foglamps for $13070 plus tax and title. Would this be considered a good deal? They are trying to tell me it is less than $200 over invoice but based on Edmunds and MSN it is still about $400 over invoice. I doubt they are telling me the truth.
heydin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 08:27 PM   #12
boxerboy

Drives: WRX ,Tacoma and Yaris
I ordered mine 4-25. I will pick it up tomorrow 6-16. White hatch with power package. Let you know more later.
boxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:06 PM   #13
drdavidr4u

Drives: Yaris Lftbk Black 5spd TRDrims
I ordered mine this week, black manual liftback, pp, fogs, spoiler, keyless entry, weather pkg and they told me 16 weeks at the worst! Then on the side the salesman told me they tell a longer wait period so if they get it sooner they can look like heros!
drdavidr4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:10 PM   #14
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydin
I tried getting an internet price from Longo knowing they are the largest dealer in the country (I used to live in El Monte) and they told me they would order but only at sticker. I have been dealing with a number of dealers; the best I have found so far in the midwest is about 600 under MSRP. Liftback would be power package w/alloy, abs, and foglamps for $13070 plus tax and title. Would this be considered a good deal? They are trying to tell me it is less than $200 over invoice but based on Edmunds and MSN it is still about $400 over invoice. I doubt they are telling me the truth.
Anything about $500 dollars over invoice or less is generally considered a good deal. But especially so on a car so new to the US.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:11 PM   #15
eight_heads

Drives: '07 Yaris Liftback
well i originally ordered mine on memorial day here in Louisiana and wasn't able to decide between silver or red.... i went ahead and ordered a silver 5spd with convenience for $12k (13,200 w/ttl) and was supposed to get it by 6/10... they had made a spoken deal with another dealership to send it to us when they got it in, but when they got it they went ahead and sold it(the other dealership, not mine) so my dealership found me a red 5spd w/ the same package for the same price coming in on the next shipment... anyway it's in there computers market as sold with my name on it... it arrived off the boat in Houstin, TX last night and is having to options added on then they will send it to my dealership.... they also told me if i'm not happy with the red they also have a silver one on order with toyota that will come whenever toyota decides to send it.... but i really like the red... hopefully it will be here this weekend... afterall houstin is only like 5 hours away

'07 Yaris Liftback
-Red 5spd w/convenience
eight_heads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 04:55 PM   #16
PixieDawn

Drives: Yaris 2007, Eclipse 2000
Dealer Called today

they told me that none of the other dealers in fl want to give up one of there Yaris (even if they aren't pre-sold) so I have to wait till they get there new allocation before i can find out anything about mine.. does anyone know when they get there new vehicles, is it like once and month or something??? I hate this waiting...
PixieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 05:33 PM   #17
boxerboy

Drives: WRX ,Tacoma and Yaris
It took almost 6 week to get my 5spd hatch here in coastal NC.
boxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 06:52 PM   #18
Tankota
Prototype Tester

Drives: Yaris S-Sedan / FJ Cruiser
From watching online inventorys at dealers out here in CA, it looks like the updates happen around Thursday, then it's just a matter of how fast a dealers website updates itself. Most seem to update by end of day Friday. A big allocation came in this week down here, Longo Toyota now has 17 Yaris and Carson got up to 25 on their sites now. They were running about 7 and 9 for the last couple of weeks if that before now. From what I hear, most dealers know 2 weeks out what's coming in.
Tankota is offline   Reply With Quote