Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-29-2006, 11:38 AM   #1
PixieDawn

Drives: Yaris 2007, Eclipse 2000
Yaris Discontinued In The USA

I just got off the phone with my dealership to check on my order of my Yaris, and they told me that they where notified by TOYOTA today that they have discontinued the Yaris in the usa........but they havent cancelled any orders that were placed YET but they dont know if they will be shipping any others... after the ones for this mnth...I am freaking out...

<<<<<HAS ANYONE ELSE HEARD ANYTHING YET>>>>>>
PixieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:45 AM   #2
weeze-dog

Drives: 2002 Ford Focus ZX3
First I've heard of it, which model did you order the Sedan or Liftback? I could see them cancelling the sedan if the liftback was outselling it, but these cars aren't even sitting on the dealers lots for more than a few days if that. They are selling like hotcakes. Only been out for a coupld of months. Maybe it was selling tooo successfully? Or your dealer could be full of BS.
weeze-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:47 AM   #3
stuffy

Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man
???? are you sure about that? there seems to be a fairly big demand for the car, why would they cancel it?
stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:58 AM   #4
silverRS

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Silver
ya I think you were talking to the janitor at the dealership.
silverRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:18 PM   #5
PixieDawn

Thumbs down

yeah i just got off the phone with toyota direct, they said its not true, I am now working with the dealerships CRM,to find out why my sales guy is so retarded, or to get my deposit back so I can go to another dealership yet again........
Old 06-29-2006, 12:48 PM   #6
Tankota
Prototype Tester

Drives: Yaris S-Sedan / FJ Cruiser
Ha, maybe the idiot was thinking it was the Echo...

Something very very very Major would have to be wrong with the car for them to discontinue a new vehical they just released in the same year it was released..

Tell the dealer to beat that salesman with a stick.
Tankota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 03:13 PM   #7
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Has that ever really occured....that massive of a recall? I mean they didn't even do that with the Edsel. Good quiz question...

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 03:27 PM   #8
fearturtle44

Drives: S Flint Mica
Yeah, I bet it was the Echo........ No way the Yaris is discontinued since it has been around for years in Europe with no problems. It is not April's fools is it???
fearturtle44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 04:08 PM   #9
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Like others have said the dealership is on crack...number one why would Toyota discontinue a hot selling car during a gas crunch (however you want to see it as) and with Honda and Nissan out with competition as well as the fact Toyota put so much money into developement of the car and marketing it...and plus you and I would have to hear official news from Toyota to say that...as others have mentioned maybe the "janitor" thought of the ECHO which is already discontinued...enough of my rant. But to anwser your question no its NOT being discontinued (not anytime soon that is).
Old 06-29-2006, 05:51 PM   #10
fouad84

Drives: 2007 yaris S
mabe he said it was 'discounted'? That would be cool...not for me
fouad84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:49 PM   #11
eight_heads

Drives: '07 Yaris Liftback
sounds to me like they didn't want to deal with you... i think you should find another dealership

'07 Yaris Liftback
-Red 5spd w/convenience
eight_heads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:05 PM   #12
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback

Last edited by Chris07LB; 06-30-2006 at 07:12 AM.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:08 PM   #13
mikeukrainetz

Drives: 2006 Toyota Yaris
Nissan just did a full model recall on some of their 4 cylinder Altima and Sentra - Total Recall (lol)

Theyve done a stop sale on the whole works for 2006 models.

http://www.wilx.com/home/headlines/3216471.html
mikeukrainetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:20 PM   #14
YotaYarisUSA

Drives: Yaris Sedan,Pacific Blue
Yeah, the Yaris is still going strong and selling like hotcakes :) I love mine and so do all the other Yaris folk. Here in NC the sedan seems,to sell better than the hatchback,or at least they get more sedans in stock,so I don't know. I bought a sedan and I love it :)

Great day and have fun with your Yaris

YotaYarisUSA
YotaYarisUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 08:01 PM   #15
PixieDawn

this is my second dealership already ... I have already had to start over when the other dealership I was working with offered me someone else's car for a 2k mark up....but this time around i called Toyota and I am following the instructions they have given me... and letting my husband take care of it... tomorrow we have a meeting with there CRM.. to get to the bottom of whats going on.. at this point, we have pretty much figured out that I have been screwed around with.. I put my deposit down on the 9th, and it looks like the sales guy never put it in the system to order my car, so when I called today to find out why after 3 weeks I still dont have an ETD, he came up with .. ummm. they arent making them anymore... so I will keep you guys posted on things as they come up.. but getting this car has been nothing but headaches thus far.. hope it gets easier (or at least cheaper ) tomorrow.. I better get something out of this deal
Old 06-29-2006, 08:02 PM   #16
ceres
Club Baby Seals

Drives: Yaris Sedan
In my area you can easily find a hatchback. If you want the sedan, they're pretty much ordered by the dealer as people buy them. I've been trying to test drive w/ no luck. Can test drive the hatch but it's not the same. Going to Hartford in a week and I've seen dealers in that area claiming to have up to 7 in stock. I'm hoping I can test drive then. I can't bring myself to purchase a car w/o test driving it. Luckily my sister-in-law works for one of the biggest dealers in the northeast so as soon as I decide if I want the car, I can give her the info and her boss will make the deal for me and have the car shipped here since their Toyota store is 5 hrs away.
ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 08:13 PM   #17
PixieDawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceres
In my area you can easily find a hatchback. If you want the sedan, they're pretty much ordered by the dealer as people buy them. I've been trying to test drive w/ no luck. Can test drive the hatch but it's not the same. Going to Hartford in a week and I've seen dealers in that area claiming to have up to 7 in stock. I'm hoping I can test drive then. I can't bring myself to purchase a car w/o test driving it.

lol here its the other way around. I got lucky I have test driven both of them.they do drive diff and I loved them both... what part of NY are you in.. my husbands family is from NY and it might be worth a flight up and a drive back to FL to get my car right away...
Old 06-29-2006, 11:28 PM   #18
asa805

Drives: 07 White 2dr Yaris Hatch
I dont know where ceres is from but there are no hatch's anywhere around Queens, Long Island, Manhattan? Maybe upstate their is a difference? Though my dealership (a very large on in long island) had about 5 sedans on site when i went in for my hatch. They were also getting 7 sedans in the next week but had no hatch's due to come in at that time.
asa805 is offline   Reply With Quote