Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-30-2006, 12:29 AM   #19
Jola1

Drives: 06 Yaris 3dr YRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDawn
this is my second dealership already ... I have already had to start over when the other dealership I was working with offered me someone else's car for a 2k mark up....but this time around i called Toyota and I am following the instructions they have given me... and letting my husband take care of it... tomorrow we have a meeting with there CRM.. to get to the bottom of whats going on.. at this point, we have pretty much figured out that I have been screwed around with.. I put my deposit down on the 9th, and it looks like the sales guy never put it in the system to order my car, so when I called today to find out why after 3 weeks I still dont have an ETD, he came up with .. ummm. they arent making them anymore... so I will keep you guys posted on things as they come up.. but getting this car has been nothing but headaches thus far.. hope it gets easier (or at least cheaper ) tomorrow.. I better get something out of this deal

Go down there and BEAT THAT MAN WITH A STICK!!!!! If they had taken your money, had it in their account for 3 weeks, not ordered for you etc, you should have plenty of leverage to press them for whatever upgrades are available - complimentary - to make up for their incompetence and the distress they caused..... Make them please YOU....... it is your money!!
Old 06-30-2006, 05:22 AM   #20
boxerboy

Drives: WRX ,Tacoma and Yaris
I was told that more sedans will be made and that it is a small production run for the USA. Hatches with power are also few. Just how much can you belive a car salesman?
boxerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:01 PM   #21
PixieDawn

Drives: Yaris 2007, Eclipse 2000
ok new update as of this am:OK talked to the dealership's CRM this morning she still stands by the fact that this last round of Yaris Hatchbacks to be released...she doesnt know why..but she instists that this is it for the hatchs, and they wont be getting anymore...so I got back on the phone with Toyota..they stated "at this time" you should be able to get the hatchback in your area..shady right.. so after a few calls back and forth between the dealership and Toyota... I HAVE MY CAR!!!! I AM NOW A NEW MOTHER TO A BLACK SAND PEARL HATCHBACK..due to come in on July 6th give or take 3 days before or after.... so yayy!!!!!! lets hope everything goes well this time...
PixieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 01:02 PM   #22
fearturtle44

Drives: S Flint Mica
Congrats on car. You will enjoy driving by the gas pumps which are littered with SUVs.....

Kevin
fearturtle44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 03:09 PM   #23
silverRS

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Silver
yeah.....its awsome when I pull up to a gas station and theres a guy filling up his hummer with fuel, I then proceed to fill mine up go in, pay, and leave and hes still filling up!!! HaHa suckers
silverRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 10:06 PM   #24
Pompeii66

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
ok new update as of this am:OK talked to the dealership's CRM this morning she still stands by the fact that this last round of Yaris Hatchbacks to be released...she doesnt know why..but she instists that this is it for the hatchs, and they wont be getting anymore...so I got back on the phone with Toyota..they stated "at this time" you should be able to get the hatchback in your area..shady right.. so after a few calls back and forth between the dealership and Toyota... I HAVE MY CAR!!!! I AM NOW A NEW MOTHER TO A BLACK SAND PEARL HATCHBACK..due to come in on July 6th give or take 3 days before or after.... so yayy!!!!!! lets hope everything goes well this time...
With all the "shady" info you got thus far, don't believe anything until you see it for yourself.
"ordered" a liftback on 4/21 and "might" see it by the end of July??
Pompeii66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 10:23 PM   #25
PixieDawn

Drives: Yaris 2007, Eclipse 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompeii66
With all the "shady" info you got thus far, don't believe anything until you see it for yourself.
"ordered" a liftback on 4/21 and "might" see it by the end of July??
I am keeping my finger crossed this time.... hopefully they have used all there "BS" cards lol and I get the car.... hopefully no one else has to exp. all that I have to get this car.. this is the first time I have ever (or tired) to purchase a "new" new car.. and I dont think I will ever do it again...
PixieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 12:26 PM   #26
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
plus after what they spent on advertising why cancel???
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 12:26 AM   #27
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKLAND TOYOTA
plus after what they spent on advertising why cancel???
the same reason Honda put out the Fit and limited it's quantities..to draw people into the dealership..only to UPSELL them to a Corolla or Civic
Toyota is shady. Good car, sh1tty salespeople.
TRD_Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:29 PM   #28
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
Quote:
I just got off the phone with my dealership to check on my order of my Yaris, and they told me that they where notified by TOYOTA today that they have discontinued the Yaris in the usa........but they havent cancelled any orders that were placed YET but they dont know if they will be shipping any others... after the ones for this mnth...I am freaking out...

<<<<<HAS ANYONE ELSE HEARD ANYTHING YET>>>>>>

Sounds like someone is blowing smoke up your @$$. Toyota dealers cant even get them things in much less keep them on the lot. I dont think Toyota wold be dumb enough to discontinue the Yaris in the U.S. They are giving the GM and Honda dealers too much competition. i would double check my sources again or call another dealer.
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:59 PM   #29
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Shocked to learn about the news. Simply put, I find it hard to believe.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 07:57 AM   #30
jedi1701

Drives: Yaris 2 LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by asa805
I dont know where ceres is from but there are no hatch's anywhere around Queens, Long Island, Manhattan? Maybe upstate their is a difference? Though my dealership (a very large on in long island) had about 5 sedans on site when i went in for my hatch. They were also getting 7 sedans in the next week but had no hatch's due to come in at that time.
I live in lower upstate NY (near middletown,NY) and I got the one of the only 2 door hatches the dealer here had, he told me he only had one other and it went to a rep, I still have not seen any others in my travels around here.
jedi1701 is offline   Reply With Quote