Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-18-2008, 02:11 PM   #1
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Has anyone tried or have a dell mini?

Has anyone tried the dell mini. I use my labtop only for web browsing. Which usually consist of me sitting on top of my bed watching tv and browsing the net on my labtop.

My labtop is starting to crap out now though. Something wrong with the wireless card and it overheats a lot even with cooling fan and is just way to heavy. Not to mention the battery no longer works.

The dell mini i think weighs around 2 pounds and is very thin and sleek. Making it comfortable to have it on your lap. And priced at 350.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:56 PM   #2
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
The one thing i really wish it had was a dvd player. Then it could be used as a portable dvd player for like plane trips and such.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:42 PM   #3
m911gt
Carless in Chicago

Drives: 08 Blk LB
haha, I haven't tried a Dell Mini...nearly bought a Acer Aspire 1 but was too impatient. Settled for an Asus EEE 1000HD and am really enjoying it...recently upgraded to 2gb ram.

Some say that he is the secret love child of Ferrari and Porsche, and others say that he would lap James May twice in a 1/4 mile drag race. All we know is that he is called The Stig.
m911gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:14 PM   #4
50MPGDream

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 93 Camaro
I have a mini, 16 GB hard drive 1 GB RAM bluetooth and the 1.3MP webcam running ubuntu (not a problem for me, I am running linux on all of my computers at home)

I love the little thing, its plenty quick, weighs under 2.5# and can fit in the cargo pocket on a few of my pairs of pants

however I am taking some time getting used to the size of the keyboard, especially the placement of the quotation and apostrophe button. I got used to the keyboard on my last laptop a lot faster, this one is tiny

I've had it for a bit over a week now and I would buy it again
Old 11-20-2008, 02:09 PM   #5
50MPGDream

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 93 Camaro
I can't really say, I've only used it a few times off of the charger (i know it was on for at least 2 hours sunday while I was at my parents house, but have no idea how much charge I had left.. never got a low battery message or anything)