Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 02:12 AM   #307
dngz

Drives: black yaris sedan
yea.. seriously, this is pathetic!! WR Headers look very tempting!
Old 12-01-2006, 12:14 PM   #308
Galavoxx

Drives: Yaris Hatch
I'd say three months minimum until the WR header is done. Maybe longer. I don't know if I can wait that long.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:43 PM   #309
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galavoxx
I'd say three months minimum until the WR header is done. Maybe longer. I don't know if I can wait that long.
I will dispute the paypal charges before I wait that long!

Ill wait for RICE to jump in before making any decisions.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:30 PM   #310
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
I think what he is saying is that that would be the allure... we are saving 30 or 40 bucks on the price of the piece including shipping and we are getting them a couple months before they will be available to the public. If that is the case, we did A-OK.

Listen to Chris on this one and reserve your frustration until Riceboy pops on and lets us know what is up.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:41 PM   #311
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Drives: 5-Speed Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Ran Kizama Send a message via MSN to Ran Kizama
I don't care either way. $190 for a header shipped is a good deal no matter how you cut it. Did we save 40% off the header? No, but it's still not bad considering that shipping on a heavy piece like this would probably be around $30.

Thanks again for the GB. Can't wait to get it in.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:47 PM   #312
redglare45

Drives: 07 Sedan - 5 Speed Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ran Kizama
I don't care either way. $190 for a header shipped is a good deal no matter how you cut it. Did we save 40% off the header? No, but it's still not bad considering that shipping on a heavy piece like this would probably be around $30.

Thanks again for the GB. Can't wait to get it in.

Exactly, that's the way I see it. So I still think we got a decent deal.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:40 PM   #313
riceboy

Drives: icebox
Alright guys I'm just getting a chance to read this and wanted to clear up the picture. I just got off the phone with my contact at Megan Racing and was assured that what's being offered by the board sponsor is not happening. The header doesn't have a set MSRP to date and is not available on their website. Chino Charles has already taken advantage of their offer to receive a discount for Dyno Testing.

I've been advised that we are getting the initial shipment and that if there are any problems that we will be getting replacements through their no hassle warranty as promised in previous posts made throughout the thread.

For the time being I hope that everyone is patient and remains calm over the situation. At this time money has been transferred and headers should be shipped by Monday. If you still have any questions or concerns feel free to PM or email me.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:05 PM   #314
tomjasz
Banned

Drives: 07 Black Yaris LB, 05 Camry LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris07LB View Post
I will dispute the paypal charges before I wait that long! .

And punish the wrong guy?

Have one on me!
Old 12-01-2006, 10:16 PM   #315
ChinoCharles
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceboy View Post
Alright guys I'm just getting a chance to read this and wanted to clear up the picture. I just got off the phone with my contact at Megan Racing and was assured that what's being offered by the board sponsor is not happening. The header doesn't have a set MSRP to date and is not available on their website. Chino Charles has already taken advantage of their offer to receive a discount for Dyno Testing.

I've been advised that we are getting the initial shipment and that if there are any problems that we will be getting replacements through their no hassle warranty as promised in previous posts made throughout the thread.

For the time being I hope that everyone is patient and remains calm over the situation. At this time money has been transferred and headers should be shipped by Monday. If you still have any questions or concerns feel free to PM or email me.
Okay, good. I was really confused when I saw that post. I thought I smelled some ... apparently I was correct, and it wasn't Riceboy.

Riceboy, tell Megan to be weary of the holidays if they are dying for those dyno numbers. I can either dyno them in the first half of December or first half of January, but speed shops go to sleep for the holidays.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:28 PM   #316
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjasz View Post

And punish the wrong guy?

Have one on me!

my reply was to Galvoxx, hence the "quote." Read the second sentence..
Old 12-01-2006, 10:44 PM   #317
dngz

Do you know which shipping company they are using?? WRLEO sent my intake this tuesday, UPS showed up at my door today (friday)!! Too bad i wasnt home and my grandma thought the brokerage fee was $465.70, instead of the actual $46.57.. damn... if she only spoke english and/or took a better god damn look at the InfoNotice!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 10:59 PM   #318
riceboy

Drives: icebox
Not sure who they'll be using for shipping,.. but I think they'll be declaring a lower value for Canadian buyers so that we get spared on some of the duties and brokerage fees, etc.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:00 PM   #319
eco

Drives: 2007 Black Yaris sedan
I have had time to calm down,I feel much better about the situation again,I am in there till the end.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:31 PM   #320
dngz

i still cant wait to get it!!
Old 12-04-2006, 01:40 PM   #321
ProMotionTuning

Drives: Scion tC
Send a message via AIM to ProMotionTuning
Hey guys.... This is James the board sponsor in question with the Megan Header... I have spoke to Calvin first thing this morning about this header. The BIGGEST problem was I had the wrong MSRP price. Other then that guys I am not selling the header nor do I have access at this time to sell the header. I have a real shop where we install items and dyno tune cars. We spokre to Calvin about doing his header install for a tech write up and also Dyno Testing. He did mention he already had a car doing the Dyno testing, I just offered another car to get multiple results to show the great numbers his headers should produce.

Calvin nor ricerboy and this group buy is ripping anyone off nor is anyone being mislead. The only misleading thing was my incorrect MSRP price I had posted. That is completely my mistake and appologize for that but please bare in mind, we are NOT selling headers... Just doing testing at this time.

Thanks
James
ProMotionTuning.Com
ProMotionTuning.Com
Old 12-04-2006, 02:37 PM   #322
ChinoCharles
Banned

Thank you for the clarification James.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:42 PM   #323
Ran Kizama
That Anime Guy

Drives: 5-Speed Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Ran Kizama Send a message via MSN to Ran Kizama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProMotionTuning View Post

Thanks
James
ProMotionTuning.Com
Thanks for the clarification. I'm sure everyone here appreciates you actually stepping forward and letting us know what's up.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:05 PM   #324
ChinoCharles
Banned

Tell those fucking headers to hurry up!!!!!
Closed Thread